Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Online League Human GMS Cannot be Fired

After creating human GM's and enabling them to not be fired, they button becomes unchecked after simming or even just creating them and going back to view the info.
Also a second thing I noticed. When Removing the NY Rangers GM from our league, it also made our NY Islanders GM be removed from that team as well when I went back into edit human managers. It actually also removed out Human GM of ST Louis as well I noticed, but it made a news article that he was the Rangers GM.

Other Issues,
The game is creating random directories on our FTP. There are folders populating with FHM exports that we never created or put into the FTP export path as the commish and have 1 file in them.
Also when Human GM's have control of minor league teams setup, the commish cannot properly have the AI organize the minor league teams. It will not put in a backup goalie or generate a 3rd line. It also at times puts forwards on a defensive pairing with no other D partner.

Last edited by highheat42; 10-09-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: other issues
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 8,506x in 2,853 posts
Can you upload the game where the Rangers/Islanders thing happned? Instructions here. I can't seem to get this to repeat in a test game, I'm wondering if it requires some specific league configuration or group of managers. It'll be useful for checking the minor league issue as well.

What are the names of the random directories it's creating, and the name of the file in them?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:50 AM   #3
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the game where the Rangers/Islanders thing happned? Instructions here. I can't seem to get this to repeat in a test game, I'm wondering if it requires some specific league configuration or group of managers. It'll be useful for checking the minor league issue as well.

What are the names of the random directories it's creating, and the name of the file in them?
We didn't really play a game when this happened. I removed a human gm from the league by editing his GM profile to not be employed. Then when I removed him from the managers list or added a new human GM it also fired the Islanders GM.
I actually had that game crash and had to restart. This time it removed the Chicago GM in our league but said it was the LA Kings GM in a news report. I will try and upload what we have tomorrow though.
As for the folder names, it is definitely making a folder called http-docs and then has another folder called your-league inside. the full folder names are http-docs>your-league>time-files> and then a team name team_26.fhm
I will try and see if that keeps happening with the same team or not. I deleted another folder and team inside that before thinking something was weird on the FTP at first.

Last edited by highheat42; 10-10-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:02 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, the edit removing him from the team may be the cause, we'll have a look there.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Hi Jeff,
I did upload it to the FTP it is called SSG HockeyFHM5.lg.zip
Old 10-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanked 7,081x in 1,752 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat42 View Post
As for the folder names, it is definitely making a folder called http-docs and then has another folder called your-league inside. the full folder names are http-docs>your-league>time-files> and then a team name team_26.fhm
I will try and see if that keeps happening with the same team or not. I deleted another folder and team inside that before thinking something was weird on the FTP at first.
That is the default path, I guess you don´t change it to whatever you want the path to be.

I also loaded your save and the FTP data is set to the default data. I entered FTP data, closed the game, started the save again and the data was still there. Are you sure you entered the correct data on your end?

Please make sure to enter the following data under "TEAM FILE TRANSFER OPTIONS"

1. Host & Port (since teamfiles get uploaded, you seem to have that set)
2. Username & Password (seems to be correct as well)
3. FTP MODE: leave at the default
4. Path on Server: please enter the path you want to use on your server. You used the default value, please change it to whatever you want. For example:

/GBL/team-files/

would create a GBL folder on your server and in that a team-files folder. The teamfiles would now be stored in that folder.

After you entered the data, close the popup and make sure to also save the game when you exit (which should happen automatically). On your next start the data should be loaded correctly.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #7
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
That is the default path, I guess you don´t change it to whatever you want the path to be.

I also loaded your save and the FTP data is set to the default data. I entered FTP data, closed the game, started the save again and the data was still there. Are you sure you entered the correct data on your end?

Please make sure to enter the following data under "TEAM FILE TRANSFER OPTIONS"

1. Host & Port (since teamfiles get uploaded, you seem to have that set)
2. Username & Password (seems to be correct as well)
3. FTP MODE: leave at the default
4. Path on Server: please enter the path you want to use on your server. You used the default value, please change it to whatever you want. For example:

/GBL/team-files/

would create a GBL folder on your server and in that a team-files folder. The teamfiles would now be stored in that folder.

After you entered the data, close the popup and make sure to also save the game when you exit (which should happen automatically). On your next start the data should be loaded correctly.
Yes I have had to redo my FTP settings about 4 times now. I do believe I may have forgotten to update the path settings in this instance, but that was because all my FTP settings got reset by something. I will try and track it and see if I catch when it happens specifically next time. The best I can tell you was I had removed some managers from their teams and then removed them from the league as a whole through the add/remove human GM area when I believe this happened.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Yes I have had to redo my FTP settings about 4 times now. I do believe I may have forgotten to update the path settings in this instance, but that was because all my FTP settings got reset by something. I will try and track it and see if I catch when it happens specifically next time. The best I can tell you was I had removed some managers from their teams and then removed them from the league as a whole through the add/remove human GM area when I believe this happened.
Normally the FTP data has nothing to do with removing/adding GM´s. The only way I can see that happen if you somehow deleted your accountsdata_commish.dat file from the settings folder (in that case it would create a new, blank version).

We would also highly recommend to disable minor league control in Online Leagues (at least for now), it should make life for the Commish easier.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #9
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Quote:
Normally the FTP data has nothing to do with removing/adding GM´s. The only way I can see that happen if you somehow deleted your accountsdata_commish.dat file from the settings folder (in that case it would create a new, blank version).

We would also highly recommend to disable minor league control in Online Leagues (at least for now), it should make life for the Commish easier.
Thanks Sebastian for all your help! I'll keep an eye on it as we do some test sims. And yes with the minor league teams I found that out the first night I went to sim a month of games for the league with the minors
Old 10-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #10
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
So our FTP settings have been reset again. All I can see that I did was import a bunch of files from our server and start advancing the game. I moved it one day from Nov 1 to Nov 2 in game.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:08 AM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
So our FTP settings have been reset again. All I can see that I did was import a bunch of files from our server and start advancing the game. I moved it one day from Nov 1 to Nov 2 in game.
It is impossible that simulating will reset the settings.

Please test the following:

- Start the game, log in as Commish
- Open the FTP Settings popup and enter any data you want (just for testing).
- Close the popup
- Open the popup again and see if the data you entered is still there.
- If the data is still there, close the popup, close the game with saving.
- Start the game again.
- Open the FTP popup and check the data.
- If it is still there, close the popup and sim one day.
- Check the popup again.

Is the data lost at any point?

More questions:

Are you the only Commish? If not, did you create the league on your computer? Windows or Mac?

Last edited by Sebastian Palkowski; 10-12-2018 at 04:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #12
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Quote:
It is impossible that simulating will reset the settings.

Please test the following:

- Start the game, log in as Commish
- Open the FTP Settings popup and enter any data you want (just for testing).
- Close the popup
- Open the popup again and see if the data you entered is still there.
- If the data is still there, close the popup, close the game with saving.
- Start the game again.
- Open the FTP popup and check the data.
- If it is still there, close the popup and sim one day.
- Check the popup again.

Is the data lost at any point?

More questions:

Are you the only Commish? If not, did you create the league on your computer? Windows or Mac?
Ok here are the results.
Start the game, log in as Commish

-Re-entered all the FTP settings and also clicked the test settings, which connected.
-Closed and Re-opened the and the FPT data was still there.
-Closed the game with saving, I also saved the trace file if you ever need it.
-Re opened the game
-Checked and all the FTP data is there still.
-At this point I tried to re-import all the Human GM imports. as I reloaded our save from my backup, but the imports from human GM's said invalid as the game auto updated on steam so it's a different version then yesterday.FTP settings were still good though.
I advanced a day, the game did an auto save from Nov 1 to Nov 2.
-FTP settings were still good at this point. I closed an re-opened the game. The FTP settings were good still.

At this point I guess what I will do is put a new version of our file up and GM file for people to export with and follow all these steps again. Maybe the newest version helped. I can say for sure I did not go in and edit any FTP settings at all, or even interact with the Settings folder when exporting as I do not copy it, just the .dat files.
I am the only commissioner and the only one with access to the commissioner file. The league file was created on this computer also. All the sims are being run on Win 10 Pro 64 bit, build
Thanks again Sebastian and I will update if we see the settings change.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #13
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Just following up on this. We started a new league file and the exports have still been creating their own folder on our FTP. It keeps adding a / to the file path in the FHM 5 game no matter what I type or copy and paste. I can sorta live with that because at least everyone was exporting in the end to one folder, it just doesn't let us use an export tracker we got up and running for our site.
However we added a new GM yesterday and now his exports are going to a new folder that FHM 5 seems to be creating on our FTP. This one looks like it is the default path the game would make, (/http-docs/your-league/team-files) however I looked at our FTP export settings and they are all the same still on the commish end.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Just following up on this. We started a new league file and the exports have still been creating their own folder on our FTP. It keeps adding a / to the file path in the FHM 5 game no matter what I type or copy and paste. I can sorta live with that because at least everyone was exporting in the end to one folder, it just doesn't let us use an export tracker we got up and running for our site.
We do it exactly as OOTP (the code is from them). If I put a folder into that field (e.g. "GBL/team-files/" it uploads them in that folder. What else would you expect?

However we added a new GM yesterday and now his exports are going to a new folder that FHM 5 seems to be creating on our FTP. This one looks like it is the default path the game would make, (/http-docs/your-league/team-files) however I looked at our FTP export settings and they are all the same still on the commish end.[/QUOTE]

I guess the new user did not import his accountdata_gm file correctly?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #15
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
Quote:
We do it exactly as OOTP (the code is from them). If I put a folder into that field (e.g. "GBL/team-files/" it uploads them in that folder. What else would you expect?

However we added a new GM yesterday and now his exports are going to a new folder that FHM 5 seems to be creating on our FTP. This one looks like it is the default path the game would make, (/http-docs/your-league/team-files) however I looked at our FTP export settings and they are all the same still on the commish end.
I guess the new user did not import his accountdata_gm file correctly?[/QUOTE]
It is probable that the new user didn't import his GM file correctly I would say, but why would it make a folder on my FTP that I didn't authorize, shouldn't it just not connect?
It's not the end of the world with this other folder that seems to keep being made for all the other GM's exports even though I made a specific folder for exports and copied that path into the FTP settings, at least everyone else has their files go there each time. It just seems weird that no matter what I do it won't go to the pre made folder I had for exports.

Last edited by highheat42; 11-05-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #16
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 17x in 15 posts
I just wanted to publicly thank Sebastian for helping me figure out what was going wrong. Thanks for the amazing support!
Thank you for this post:
RchW (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:15 PM   #17
IamJustin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Concerning the GM glitch, I had gotten rid of an inactive GM and added a new GM. When I did that it fired another GM? He was still in my list of GM but it took him off of his team.
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:07 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJustin View Post
Concerning the GM glitch, I had gotten rid of an inactive GM and added a new GM. When I did that it fired another GM? He was still in my list of GM but it took him off of his team.
I think we'll probably need to see the save for that. There was a similar issue fixed a while ago, we'll have to see if the fixed missed a specific case where that problem could occur.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #19
IamJustin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Unfortunately the league has moved on since that save. If it happens again I will post it and upload it to you guys.
IamJustin is offline   Reply With Quote