Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #341
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanked 7,167x in 1,785 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
I believe they are making it an option to turn popups for the first patch
Yes, the patch has the option to disable the popup.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #342
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanked 7,167x in 1,785 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardsGray View Post
Is there any way to sign AHL deals when your the GM of a NHL team? If so, how?
No, that is not possible. You are not in charge of the AHL team in that case.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #343
Duranium
All Star Starter

Thanked 698x in 392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Next question:
How are you supposed to set your lines if you opt to go with 5 defenders and 11 forwards in a historical game, for example in 1967 when you can only dress 16 skaters??
You can't leave a position empty in a line, but you also can't just have a player occupy spots in two different lines. Funnily enough the AI can do just that. Or am I missing something?
I┤m in 1967 right now and the limit is 18 dressed players so it should be no problem for you to play with 6 d-men and 10 forwards

Beta-Tester since FHM2

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #344
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Thanked 179x in 145 posts
Expansion and Regulations

OK serious question for everyone...First off in the expansion say you start with 10 teams and 50 or so games as you bring in more teams will the number of games goes up?

Second how can I make regulation to work in a new custom game?
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #345
mking55
All Star Starter

Thanked 224x in 88 posts
Please forgive me if you think I'm being rude. I posted a question in this thread over 10 hours ago and although other questions that followed mine have been answered, mine has been ignored.

If you think I'm too stupid to answer, just say so and return my money. Otherwise, don't have a "Quick Questions Thread" where people could die of old age before they get a reply.

I've read your skimpy manual and it doesn't help. There are more holes in it than swiss cheese but I'm sure over time it will get better.

I'm trying to be pleasant, but obviously I'm quite annoyed at the non-responsiveness to my query.

Answer or tell me to get lost.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #346
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Thanked 1,534x in 849 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
OK serious question for everyone...First off in the expansion say you start with 10 teams and 50 or so games as you bring in more teams will the number of games goes up?

Second how can I make regulation to work in a new custom game?
No, the number of games will remain the same

Promotion and relegation you are asking? This is not possible in the fictional leagues mode.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #347
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post
Please forgive me if you think I'm being rude. I posted a question in this thread over 10 hours ago and although other questions that followed mine have been answered, mine has been ignored.

If you think I'm too stupid to answer, just say so and return my money. Otherwise, don't have a "Quick Questions Thread" where people could die of old age before they get a reply.

I've read your skimpy manual and it doesn't help. There are more holes in it than swiss cheese but I'm sure over time it will get better.

I'm trying to be pleasant, but obviously I'm quite annoyed at the non-responsiveness to my query.

Answer or tell me to get lost.
Please don't take it personally. I'm not a Mac user so I am not comfortable giving an answer. Please be patient and someone will give you the correct answer you are looking for.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:29 PM   #348
uknewyork
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
[QUOTEEach league has a .lg file on your computer and within that is a graphics folder which contains different subfolders for different graphical elements (like team logos).

To change team logos you must simply replace the existing file with the one you want, and ensure the new file you have is named properly.

So for example, on my PC, If I am trying to change logos for a league called TestLeague, the location is here:

C:\Users\Cole\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\saved_games\TestLeague.lg\graphics\logo_teams

If the team is called Chicago Fire, the file name will be named Chicago Fire

So I just name my new logo Chicago Fire, drop it in that folder and replace the old one.][/QUOTE]

Thank you. I did all this, opened up the game and no logos have changed. Did I miss a step after making the changes? Should I save my changes somewhere?
uknewyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:30 PM   #349
uknewyork
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts

Last edited by uknewyork; 09-30-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:31 PM   #350
uknewyork
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Each league has a .lg file on your computer and within that is a graphics folder which contains different subfolders for different graphical elements (like team logos).

To change team logos you must simply replace the existing file with the one you want, and ensure the new file you have is named properly.

So for example, on my PC, If I am trying to change logos for a league called TestLeague, the location is here:

C:\Users\Cole\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\saved_games\TestLeague.lg\graphics\logo_teams

If the team is called Chicago Fire, the file name will be named Chicago Fire

So I just name my new logo Chicago Fire, drop it in that folder and replace the old one.

Thank you. I did all this, opened up the game and no logos have changed. Did I miss a step after making the changes? Should I save my changes somewhere?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:59 PM   #351
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 20x in 18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Close to the end of the season (approx mid-June) you get messages in the news section - then you can negotiate new deals with pop-up in the right upper corner of the news screen
Thanks!!!!
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:06 AM   #352
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknewyork View Post
My files on windows machine are located here
D:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\data\saved_games\GAMENAME.lg\graphics :
Logos_teams

to clarify, if the team name is chicago fire the file name would be "chicago_fire" - any spaces in names are replaced with an underscore.

Again this is a windows machine, so not sure how it will vary for you.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-01-2015 at 12:07 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #353
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 2x in 1 post
might be a stupid question, but where do I see a list of all of the players in my organization? E.g. all of the junior players, minor leaguers. Is there an organizational depth chart somewhere, a la OOTP?
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:39 AM   #354
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,229x in 3,205 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
might be a stupid question, but where do I see a list of all of the players in my organization? E.g. all of the junior players, minor leaguers. Is there an organizational depth chart somewhere, a la OOTP?
Roster view, Contracts tab will show everyone that's signed with your team, Protected List will show you everyone whose rights you own (signed or not.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
jinkorjap (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #355
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,762x in 638 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Call me crazy but is they're an explanation on the way training works ? I've noticed when I set the training regime they're are numbers that show up. yes I'll be honest, I've been using my assistant this whole time for that part of the game =P
The manual has some more detail, if you haven't yet read that:

Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #356
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Roster view, Contracts tab will show everyone that's signed with your team, Protected List will show you everyone whose rights you own (signed or not.)
Thanks, would be great to have in a future patch some kind of organizational chart where they are ranked and the stats of each player are shown (regardless of which league he is in).
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:44 AM   #357
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Printing - Didn't see this listed anywhere, but are we able to print say the rosters, standings, etc. I didn't see that in the game?
I don't believe so, at least not from within game. I know there is a CSV export feature ... Perhaps the output of that could be printed, it's not something I have personally attempted.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #358
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a way to incorporate the option of "Use Fictional Names" from OOTP into the game? I want to use the existing real-world database and teams and set-up, only with fictional names. Can we do that right now with the way the game is presently set up?
Not presently, no.
Thank you for this post:
mikersanderson (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 12:47 AM   #359
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Does anybody know how to change jersey numbers?
Yeah, right click, select "change jersey number"... but then this menu pops up which which is not scrollable for me. It just shows me #45 to #99, but no lower numbers.
This works fine for me. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #360
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo23 View Post
Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it.

Can someone help me with understanding the scouting? I dont understand what the letters mean, such as, a players potential being a 3.5c compared to one being a 2b. What do the letter mean exactly?

I'd appreciate any help.
The short answer: A = players that have been scouted more in depth (and thus their ratings are more likely to be accurate), all the way down to E = players who haven't been scouted and thus there's more chance of variation.

For the longer answer, the manual explains it quite well:

Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals