Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-01-2015, 11:56 PM   #401
DanielR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
To make a trade while looking at another team, right-click on the player you want and select "Trade Offer". Or, return to your own home screen and then click Trade Offer under the team menu. That'll let you choose the team you want to talk to.
Hmm, it appears I am unable to click on "Trade Offer". "Trade Offer" is also shown in a fade gray colour. Here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/8ms31u.
DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #402
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 9,235x in 3,206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
Hmm, it appears I am unable to click on "Trade Offer". "Trade Offer" is also shown in a fade gray colour. Here is a screenshot Screenshot by Lightshot.
Your own team needs to be selected, so switch to Calgary and it'll work. But I see why that's confusing, we should probably look at making that trade link active as long as you're looking at a team you can trade with.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #403
DanielR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Your own team needs to be selected, so switch to Calgary and it'll work. But I see why that's confusing, we should probably look at making that trade link active as long as you're looking at a team you can trade with.
I forgot to mention something important, this is a offline-multiplayer save (aka the "add a GM feature"). On singleplayer saves making trades works just fine but for some reason it doesn't on the offline-multiplayer one.
DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 AM   #404
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
I forgot to mention something important, this is a offline-multiplayer save (aka the "add a GM feature"). On singleplayer saves making trades works just fine but for some reason it doesn't on the offline-multiplayer one.
Ah, is Calgary not the commisioner's team? He's the only one that can make trades if it's a multiplayer game.
Thank you for this post:
DanielR (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #405
ekke
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hi,

A couple of quick questions:

1. Fantasy draft when starting a regular (NHL) game, is that possible? Used to play a lot of EHM and the best part of it was to build a team from scratch.

2. Historical Games - does the (NHL) teams have the correct farm teams, and are we able to demote/bring up players as you normally would? I can only move players to the Reserve list, am I missing something?

I tried to search but couldn't find any really good answers. Thanks!
ekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:17 AM   #406
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekke View Post
1. Fantasy draft when starting a regular (NHL) game, is that possible? Used to play a lot of EHM and the best part of it was to build a team from scratch.
Not yet, no. There seems to be some demand for it, so we may look at adding it at some point, although there are a few details to resolve (which players are eligible for the draft, how do we enforce the cap, etc.) If you want the build-from-scratch experience, the first patch will allow the creation of an expansion team, so you can start with nothing that way - you just won't get to grab a superstar to begin with (at least until the entry draft in June.)

Quote:
2. Historical Games - does the (NHL) teams have the correct farm teams, and are we able to demote/bring up players as you normally would? I can only move players to the Reserve list, am I missing something?
No farm teams yet. Eventually I'd like to have them, but adding them is going to be a very large project, and there are a few other new things with historical play that will probably take precedence. The reserve list works just like a farm team for now - players will continue to develop when you send them there, they just won't generate stats.
Thank you for this post:
ekke (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #407
ekke
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Not yet, no. There seems to be some demand for it, so we may look at adding it at some point, although there are a few details to resolve (which players are eligible for the draft, how do we enforce the cap, etc.) If you want the build-from-scratch experience, the first patch will allow the creation of an expansion team, so you can start with nothing that way - you just won't get to grab a superstar to begin with (at least until the entry draft in June.)

No farm teams yet. Eventually I'd like to have them, but adding them is going to be a very large project, and there are a few other new things with historical play that will probably take precedence. The reserve list works just like a farm team for now - players will continue to develop when you send them there, they just won't generate stats.
Thanks for the quick response!

I've played around with the expansion draft and it's fine, it'll certainly do for now! Thanks for explaining the reserve list, I wasn't sure there was any development happening.
Really enjoying the game so far!
ekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #408
Cire
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
When will the patch go out live today? :/ Waiting to start a game so i want it nooooow
Cire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:01 AM   #409
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,762x in 638 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cire View Post
When will the patch go out live today? :/ Waiting to start a game so i want it nooooow
When it's ready ! But, stay tuned, it is expected out today, barring anything unforeseen.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #410
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 63x in 42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cire View Post
Start a test save to get accustomed to the game! Im messing around with a save until the first database update to get familiar with everything
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #411
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
Any way to prevent a Team Roster like Indy Fuel to be over limit and it's
Making me downsize it when I have it set for A. GM to do all Rosters moves same with it saying over Protected List in First Year maybe have unlimited List.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #412
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 594x in 475 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
When it's ready !
I love that this is the standard answer.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #413
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 63x in 42 posts
Are there minor leagues in the historical mode?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #414
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Thanked 178x in 99 posts
Here's a quick question for ya guys, is there a manual for this game? Lol, I couldn't find one but I have a lot of small little questions that I'd rather not waste people's time with here if there is a manual. For instance, when you are playing a game what in the world does the GF and SF times mean next to a player? They have me baffled.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #415
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 24x in 13 posts
I know someone (I think it was Jeff, or Cole, but it might have been someone else) said that the goalies will rotate automatically on a team. I've been running test simulations for a custom league to see how it looks, and can't seem to get the goalies to rotate properly (by this I mean the starting goalie's mileage should vary, but the backup goalie should usually be getting at least 10-15 games in a 78 game season). Right now starting goalies are playing 95% of a season or more, with backups goalies playing 3 games or fewer in a 78 game season.

Is there a way to make goalies rotate more frequently, or can you elaborate on the criteria that the game takes into account for rotating goalies? The custom league starts at the beginning of 1929, is that potentially affecting the rotation of goalies (i.e., they don't rotate unless injured due to the time period?)?

Other than that, everything is about the same as it is in the default game, just with custom rosters.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #416
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Thanked 1,534x in 849 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Here's a quick question for ya guys, is there a manual for this game? Lol, I couldn't find one but I have a lot of small little questions that I'd rather not waste people's time with here if there is a manual. For instance, when you are playing a game what in the world does the GF and SF times mean next to a player? They have me baffled.
Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals
It's also accessible through the link on the main screen within the game on the bottom left.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #417
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Thanked 1,534x in 849 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbm View Post
I know someone (I think it was Jeff, or Cole, but it might have been someone else) said that the goalies will rotate automatically on a team. I've been running test simulations for a custom league to see how it looks, and can't seem to get the goalies to rotate properly (by this I mean the starting goalie's mileage should vary, but the backup goalie should usually be getting at least 10-15 games in a 78 game season). Right now starting goalies are playing 95% of a season or more, with backups goalies playing 3 games or fewer in a 78 game season.

Is there a way to make goalies rotate more frequently, or can you elaborate on the criteria that the game takes into account for rotating goalies? The custom league starts at the beginning of 1929, is that potentially affecting the rotation of goalies (i.e., they don't rotate unless injured due to the time period?)?

Other than that, everything is about the same as it is in the default game, just with custom rosters.
The game is using rules for goalies similar to how it was back then. Up until the 90's there was really only 1 starter with the other goalie playing very few games if any. So yes, it is completely due to the time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Are there minor leagues in the historical mode?
No. Historical uses the reserve lists. But the WHA is in the game though not quite considered a minor league at the time.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-02-2015 at 11:22 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
beezer2434 (10-02-2015), pbbm (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #418
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,423x in 815 posts
I posted this earlier - but maybe there is a solution:

I created an NHL historical sim (starting year 1966) - the game tells me I have 72 players on my protected list (apparently 50 are allowed).

Is there any way to quickly get rid of 22 players or do I have to use the following process for each player:

* Select player
* right click
* "Buyout rights"
* "Release XX and pay $ XX ?"
* click "OK"

and on and on and on ...
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #419
Malte Schwarz

Thanked 1,216x in 606 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I posted this earlier - but maybe there is a solution:

I created an NHL historical sim (starting year 1966) - the game tells me I have 72 players on my protected list (apparently 50 are allowed).

Is there any way to quickly get rid of 22 players or do I have to use the following process for each player:

* Select player
* right click
* "Buyout rights"
* "Release XX and pay $ XX ?"
* click "OK"

and on and on and on ...
There is no way to release multiple players at once. The only solution would be to set "Transactions" and "Roster Moves" to AI before simmimg the first day and let the AI release the worst players.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #420
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
If i have too many contracts on the roster to change the date, what do i do? I dont even see a total count in the game over the number of contracts. I'm on Steam and Historical.

Last edited by DarthYoda; 10-02-2015 at 01:06 PM.
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote