Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #61
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,223x in 897 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireanty View Post
Did you brought my Dizzy Dean for the Market? Cause I just sold one for 30K...
Got mine for 25 and he has not helped. Got Koufax also and.......I have no clue.......On what to do anymore.....
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
CrazyWR (12-14-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #62
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

You know that now I looked, I think it was 30. I sold Seaver for 95 and picked up Koufax and Dean. I thought I could turn this around since Seaver sucked but then Koufax turned out worse and Dean is well.....
Dean. Everything I do seems to go south and I have no idea what to do to turn this around. Thank God we have 2 more months to turn this around before the playoffs start... I thought I had a winning team but they just do not jell together and like a fool I made a big mistake by adjusting my field I will never do that again.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:45 PM   #63
Fireanty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
You know that now I looked, I think it was 30. I sold Seaver for 95 and picked up Koufax and Dean. I thought I could turn this around since Seaver sucked but then Koufax turned out worse and Dean is well.....
Dean. Everything I do seems to go south and I have no idea what to do to turn this around. Thank God we have 2 more months to turn this around before the playoffs start... I thought I had a winning team but they just do not jell together and like a fool I made a big mistake by adjusting my field I will never do that again.
I started this season with 12W and 12L, so maybe all you need is time...
Fireanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #64
CrazyWR
Major Leagues

Thanked 212x in 152 posts
I have no idea what a reliable starting pitcher looks like at this point, its maddening
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #65
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I started this season with 12W and 12L, so maybe all you need is time...
You have been the Reds of 75-76 and I have been the Dodgers. Great job my friend. I tip my hat to you. If I am lucky enough to get into the playoffs and win the wild card game we will start out even in a best of 5. Just want to add that I am a little embarrassed being so far behind this year but you have done such a great job that I have no excuse. I will add that I did make one huge mistake missing with my home park. The 4 previous years I always played around 70 pct at home. This year I am 27-25 at home and 37-17 on the road. I tried to get cute by building a lineup to go with the changes I made to my park instead of using my normal formula and that will not happen again. But there is no excuse because you definitely have out classed me this year my friend. Out classed and out played. Lake Monroe, It looks like we are in for another fight this year. This time for the Wild card instead of the Division. Good luck the rest of the way. ( Just not to good ) lol....
Old 12-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
I have no idea what a reliable starting pitcher looks like at this point, its maddening
Yes, I seem to have lost that touch also. In the past that was my strength. Now........I just want to hide in the corner and cry.....
Thank you for this post:
CrazyWR (12-14-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #67
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Here we go again Lake Monroe. We did this last year with it going down to the final weekend. Only difference is (And it’s a biggie) is the loser this time stays home and watches football. We have 6 games left in September so good luck my friend. You have turned into my biggest rival.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:38 AM   #68
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I just want to congratulate Fire for being the Class of our Division if not the whole League. You have done a wonderful job my friend. Just remember to be sure and rest ALL your starters and pitchers the last 4 games of the season. That is very important. In fact play your third string , You can never be to careful. Remember, The key is the last 4 games of your season.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #69
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Thanked 367x in 217 posts
Just noticed I was in this league as well. Unfortunately, it is with the team I don't have the ability to improve much as I've restricted the roster to Dodgers only. Though they are not playing well, I still enjoy seeing whatever stats they put up. Some of the guys are having career low seasons (Garvey, Buehler, both of the Davis boys), but others are doing better than expected (Turner currently has the 2nd best average and Hershiser's ERA is a run lower than it was in silver. My newest addition, Carl Furillo is also playing well.

Hopefully some day I'll be in a similar league with the team I try to put the best players on the field instead of a "theme" team.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #70
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Just noticed I was in this league as well. Unfortunately, it is with the team I don't have the ability to improve much as I've restricted the roster to Dodgers only. Though they are not playing well, I still enjoy seeing whatever stats they put up. Some of the guys are having career low seasons (Garvey, Buehler, both of the Davis boys), but others are doing better than expected (Turner currently has the 2nd best average and Hershiser's ERA is a run lower than it was in silver. My newest addition, Carl Furillo is also playing well.

Hopefully some day I'll be in a similar league with the team I try to put the best players on the field instead of a "theme" team.
Hey Pion, Glad to see you. The Dodgers are my favorite team in real life so it is a joy to watch your team.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #71
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 243x in 155 posts
Quote:

Hey Pion! That Dodger offense is one of the best in the league! There's no shortage of great Dodger pitchers to pursue over time to beef up the pitching. Continuing to tinker with the team and improve where you can is the fun part to me.
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #72
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Thanks guys, fun to be part of it.

There are definitely some Dodger pitchers out there to be had, and some more hitters to get, but I've pretty much reached a point where all the affordable players are gone. Now I need to just wait until I earn enough PP to afford some of those guys. Reasonably priced people left to get include Johnny Fredericks, Jim Hughes and Corey Seager, but to get guys like Campanella, Snider, Robinson, Koufax, Drysdale, Sutton, Kershaw and Piazza will need a shift to marathon mode rather than sprint.

I'll keep working at it and anticipate the team will reach a level of play they fit into and compete. Until then, I'm just enjoying the process and enjoying watching the team play. Glad they can bring some enjoyment to other Dodger fans as well.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #73
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks guys, fun to be part of it.

There are definitely some Dodger pitchers out there to be had, and some more hitters to get, but I've pretty much reached a point where all the affordable players are gone. Now I need to just wait until I earn enough PP to afford some of those guys. Reasonably priced people left to get include Johnny Fredericks, Jim Hughes and Corey Seager, but to get guys like Campanella, Snider, Robinson, Koufax, Drysdale, Sutton, Kershaw and Piazza will need a shift to marathon mode rather than sprint.

I'll keep working at it and anticipate the team will reach a level of play they fit into and compete. Until then, I'm just enjoying the process and enjoying watching the team play. Glad they can bring some enjoyment to other Dodger fans as well.
keep on the lookout because Kershaw keeps coming down. He also had a 2013 card on the market...
Old 12-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #74
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
keep on the lookout because Kershaw keeps coming down. He also had a 2013 card on the market...
I have my eye on him but I'm around 5K short on PP for his lowest amount and 10K short on his average selling rate. I hope by the time I can afford him he drops to meet what I have. Or I my get anxious and throw $20 of real money at the game to get some guys. I think with an additional 25K pp, I could land a Kershaw and possibly both a Jim Wynn and a Reggie Smith. Or save what is left over and wait for Don Sutton to come down to reasonable rates. I also don't have a Kenley Jansen, but overall his cards underperform pretty badly. In the leagues I've studied, the average reliever has a 4.01 ERA (112K innings) and the average closer has a 3.16 ERA in 23K innings. Kenley's cards have a 4.77 ERA for the 71 star version and a 4.17 ERA for the 87 star version. So I think at this point he's a luxury item rather than a need. I've got cheaper relievers that can do that job now.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #75
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have my eye on him but I'm around 5K short on PP for his lowest amount and 10K short on his average selling rate. I hope by the time I can afford him he drops to meet what I have. Or I my get anxious and throw $20 of real money at the game to get some guys. I think with an additional 25K pp, I could land a Kershaw and possibly both a Jim Wynn and a Reggie Smith. Or save what is left over and wait for Don Sutton to come down to reasonable rates. I also don't have a Kenley Jansen, but overall his cards underperform pretty badly. In the leagues I've studied, the average reliever has a 4.01 ERA (112K innings) and the average closer has a 3.16 ERA in 23K innings. Kenley's cards have a 4.77 ERA for the 71 star version and a 4.17 ERA for the 87 star version. So I think at this point he's a luxury item rather than a need. I've got cheaper relievers that can do that job now.
Wow, Keep up the good work and you will be a top manager in no time. Great job on Kenley.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:19 PM   #76
CrazyWR
Major Leagues

Thanked 212x in 152 posts
Well looks like we are officially eliminated. Pretty proud that we made it to the 3rd from last game before being knocked out with the way things looked earlier this month. Good luck in the playoffs yall! Looks like only 8 teams have superior records to ours, so we may be getting bumped up even without the postseason. Hopefully not in the same insane division next year haha

Edit: Also, added you as a friend so we might keep this rivalry going if they ever get that feature working.

Last edited by CrazyWR; 12-15-2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: edit to add
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:17 AM   #77
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Well looks like we are officially eliminated. Pretty proud that we made it to the 3rd from last game before being knocked out with the way things looked earlier this month. Good luck in the playoffs yall! Looks like only 8 teams have superior records to ours, so we may be getting bumped up even without the postseason. Hopefully not in the same insane division next year haha

Edit: Also, added you as a friend so we might keep this rivalry going if they ever get that feature working.
I am not sure my heart could take a third season like the last two my friend. We are definitely rivals. Another great year you had, You should have been in the playoffs.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:30 AM   #78
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 243x in 155 posts
Congrats to all on another fun season in the books. Best of luck to all the play-off teams!

Was really hoping not to have to face the Suicide Kings in a one game play-off but I just couldn't catch those Snowbirds... I struggled against both of you. Onto the races! Good night and good luck!
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #79
Fireanty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Error happens again, ‘ Could not Sync your card, please retry’ Terrible feeling. Can't get control of my team in the playoffs, I can't even get into the game to know the scores.
Fireanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #80
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Error happens again, ‘ Could not Sync your card, please retry’ Terrible feeling. Can't get control of my team in the playoffs, I can't even get into the game to know the scores.
The playoffs have not started yet my friend. Great job you did during the season. I made a post about you on the forum. Check it out. You deserved all the accolades.