Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 431x in 324 posts
Pro Football HOF finalists

Nearly all of these are worthy. The problem is the committee can only select a max of 5. My 5.......

Steve Atwater - If you were an 80's WR running a route across the middle in Mile High Stadium, your 1st thought wasn't catching the ball. It was "where is #27?". He "brung it"nearly every time. His hit on the Nigerian Nightmare will always be his signature play.

Ed Reed - If you want to know the definition of "playmaker", look @ an Ed Reed highlight video. The guy was a literal ball magnet. Seriously. Look at how many times he was away from where the ball went & the ball just ricocheted into his hands.

Tony Gonzalez - .There is no need to read off his resume. When he retired, he owned just about every significant TE receiving record there was in the NFL.

Don Coryell - Before there was Air Jordan, there was Air Coryell. Nevermind that he never won a Super Bowl. His influence on the passing game placed larger footprints on the league than a SB ring ever would.

Kevin Mawae - I'm not going to pretend I pay strict attention to the offensive line play. What I remember though was that whatever team Mawae was on, that team seemed to have strong blocking. Multiple selections to the Pro Bowl & named to the all -' 00 Decade team.

I select him over Champ Bailey because I'm certain the committee wouldn't put 3 DB's in one season or 2 from the same franchise. I think Atwater is long overdue, Bailey is in his first year as a finalist.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 01-03-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (01-03-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 621x in 368 posts
Bailey/Reed/Gonzalez are shoe in first ballots.That leaves two spots for the other 12 players.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:10 PM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
All Star Starter

Thanked 855x in 480 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Tony Gonzalez - .There is no need to read off his resume. When he retired, he owned just about every significant TE receiving record there was in the NFL.

No brainer.

Quote:

Don Coryell - Before there was Air Jordan, there was Air Coryell. Nevermind that he never won a Super Bowl. His influence on the passing game placed larger footprints on the league than a SB ring ever would.

The Rams ran the same exact offense during the Greatest Show On Turf days. Coryell, along with Sid Gilman, invented the modern passing game. Although Coryell and Gilman did not work together and had tactical differences, both made you defend the whole field at all times, and account for every "skill" position player as a weapon. Both were ahead of their times.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #4
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 431x in 324 posts
3 of my 5 got in. Gonzalez, Reed & Mawae. The other 2 that made it were Champ Bailey, no surprise, & Ty Law.

Former Cowboys exec, Gil Brandt, was selected. Well deserved.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen I don't agree with. Ok, the Broncs won with him as owner. But all he did was sign checks. Basically, he is selected because he had a lot of $. I'm not aware of any innovations, trails blazed, or changes to the game he made. Not trying to be a hater, but........

S Johnny Robinson I know nothing about.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote