Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #81
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 347
Thanks: 2
Thanked 27x in 15 posts
Thanks for the offer of help, PM sent.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #82
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve
 
jmknpk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 982
Thanks: 167
Thanked 186x in 111 posts
Have been playing in an online league with stats lab for a while. But just wanted to say what a great utility it is. Tons of useful and interesting information available. I don't know why every online league doesn't use it.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #83
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer
 
Killebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,326
Thanks: 120
Thanked 50x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
I'll look into what I might be able to do about this, but perhaps you can set up an email list alias that allows you to send to one address and have it auto forward to your league. Probably a useful tool for leagues in general, actually.
"StatsLab settings now stored in the DB rather than flat files on your server" unfortunately reduces the functionality of the email list feature of statslab. The flat file format did not have any char limit, but now there is a limit of 255 characters. To give an idea on what kind of limitation that is, an email list size for a 30 team league would generally be about 900-1000 characters.

MySQL related question: I don't see any char length limits in any of the PHP code - couldn't I simply increase the size of my varchar field in the MySQL DB to make a long email list work? I'm used to working with Oracle but I would assume MySQL allows large char fields. I'm hesitant to try this now in case I break something during an active draft, but I'll experiment with this after the current draft.

Last edited by Killebrew; 09-14-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #84
fhomess
Hall Of Famer
 
fhomess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,449
Thanks: 165
Thanked 1,155x in 437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
"StatsLab settings now stored in the DB rather than flat files on your server" unfortunately reduces the functionality of the email list feature of statslab. The flat file format did not have any char limit, but now there is a limit of 255 characters. To give an idea on what kind of limitation that is, an email list size for a 30 team league would generally be about 900-1000 characters.

MySQL related question: I don't see any char length limits in any of the PHP code - couldn't I simply increase the size of my varchar field in the MySQL DB to make a long email list work? I'm used to working with Oracle but I would assume MySQL allows large char fields. I'm hesitant to try this now in case I break something during an active draft, but I'll experiment with this after the current draft.
Yes, this should work just fine. Depending on your version of MySQL, you may need to change the type of the field to something that can handle larger character limits, but it won't affect the functionality of StatsLab to change the field type, either.
__________________
StatsLab- PHP/MySQL based utilities for Online Leagues
Baseball Cards - Full list of known templates and documentation on card development.

Last edited by fhomess; 09-14-2010 at 12:35 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Killebrew (09-14-2010)
Old 09-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #85
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer
 
Killebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,326
Thanks: 120
Thanked 50x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
... Depending on your version of MySQL, you may need to change the type of the field to something that can handle larger character limits, but it won't affect the functionality of StatsLab to change the field type, either.
Thanks again, done and it worked perfectly. The version of MySQL was key as you say. From MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 10.4.1 The CHAR and VARCHAR Types ....
Values in VARCHAR columns are variable-length strings. The length can be specified as a value from 0 to 255 before MySQL 5.0.3, and 0 to 65,535 in 5.0.3 and later versions. The effective maximum length of a VARCHAR in MySQL 5.0.3 and later is subject to the maximum row size (65,535 bytes, which is shared among all columns) and the character set used.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #86
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer
 
Killebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,326
Thanks: 120
Thanked 50x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingCubbyBlue View Post
I'm having issues with emails not being sent for the draft now. I set up and alias for my email list and have tested it to ensure people are receive the emails. However, no emails are being sent from the utility once picks have been made. Thoughts/suggestions?

Email List: draft@otbaonline.com
Reply-to list: picks@otbaonline.com
Same thing here, no emails are being sent after a pick. Our web host allows emails, and email updates were sent during our last draft just 1 1/2 months ago. That was using the previous version of Statslab (with Patch 3.1).
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #87
Recte44
Global Moderator
 
Recte44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 2,577
Thanks: 221
Thanked 159x in 95 posts
Just added by 2 expansion teams for 1977. Now, when editing the Ammy Draft order, every time I save changes it reverts these teams back to the first alphabetical team in the order
(Ex, I set Toronto to pick, click save, and it shows Atlanta as having that pick).

Any ideas for a fix?
__________________
Matt Rectenwald
Commissioner, GM: Las Vegas Hustlers, The Brewster Baseball Association- fictional league (JOIN NOW)
Recte44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:58 AM   #88
fhomess
Hall Of Famer
 
fhomess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,449
Thanks: 165
Thanked 1,155x in 437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Just added by 2 expansion teams for 1977. Now, when editing the Ammy Draft order, every time I save changes it reverts these teams back to the first alphabetical team in the order
(Ex, I set Toronto to pick, click save, and it shows Atlanta as having that pick).

Any ideas for a fix?
Sounds like it's not getting the team saved correctly. I tried something similar in my test league but can't reproduce this. You have 2.0.2 installed? If so, shoot me a pm with commish access and I'll take a closer look.
__________________
StatsLab- PHP/MySQL based utilities for Online Leagues
Baseball Cards - Full list of known templates and documentation on card development.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #89
fhomess
Hall Of Famer
 
fhomess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,449
Thanks: 165
Thanked 1,155x in 437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
Same thing here, no emails are being sent after a pick. Our web host allows emails, and email updates were sent during our last draft just 1 1/2 months ago. That was using the previous version of Statslab (with Patch 3.1).
Believe this is fixed now... same download as in the first post. Still labeled version 2.0.2.
__________________
StatsLab- PHP/MySQL based utilities for Online Leagues
Baseball Cards - Full list of known templates and documentation on card development.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Killebrew (09-22-2010)
Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #90
Alan T
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,963
Thanks: 15
Thanked 136x in 94 posts
I am getting the following when I try to update Development:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2484 bytes) in /<DIR>/ootpsqlou/development.php on line 288


I run on a hosted (shared) server where I can not modify the php.ini to increase the memory size. Is this a bug, or just an issue with our online league running for more years than most online leagues?
__________________
- Front Office Offseason League. (Fast Paced OOTP-X and OOTP11 leagues, sims one season every week)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #91
ootpFox07
All Star Starter
 
ootpFox07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,627
Thanks: 1,217
Thanked 568x in 285 posts
Frank,
I'm trying out V 11 on my local Vertrigo desktop server (running locally on Windows) and I can't get the Admin page to save my nav menu options (I want to turn on Career metrics, Last Sim, Awards, etc). When I check the database, I see you have two type of "install" values (4dmln which seems to be the default) and the my local file directory (which stats lab or MySQL is stripping the Window "\" character out of so my path never matches the value saved from the admin page). Any thoughts? Curious why the server path is used as a value for the install property as well.

Also, having used v9 and 10, the install process for 11 is a little convoluted now. Took me a few more tries to get everything up and running as opposed to StatsLabX.

-Fox
__________________
Mods:
ootpFox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #92
fhomess
Hall Of Famer
 
fhomess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,449
Thanks: 165
Thanked 1,155x in 437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am getting the following when I try to update Development:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2484 bytes) in /<DIR>/ootpsqlou/development.php on line 288

I run on a hosted (shared) server where I can not modify the php.ini to increase the memory size. Is this a bug, or just an issue with our online league running for more years than most online leagues?
I think the appropriate answer is "yes". There's numerous issues with the development tracker once leagues exceed a certain number of players. The fact that OOTP outputs ratings for retired players, the fact that it's necessary to join very large tables in SQL, and that every rating has to be translated to the league's ratings scales and then compared with the previous rating makes it an incredibly arduous task for the computer. I provided the ability to split out development by league so that you can run it in chunks, but I think there's still a point at which the code (as currently written) pukes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox07 View Post
Frank,
I'm trying out V 11 on my local Vertrigo desktop server (running locally on Windows) and I can't get the Admin page to save my nav menu options (I want to turn on Career metrics, Last Sim, Awards, etc). When I check the database, I see you have two type of "install" values (4dmln which seems to be the default) and the my local file directory (which stats lab or MySQL is stripping the Window "\" character out of so my path never matches the value saved from the admin page). Any thoughts? Curious why the server path is used as a value for the install property as well.
To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone having success running StatsLab in a Windows environment and I haven't coded specifically for it. The problems that have arisen seem to be similar to the pathing issue youíve got, but I havenít taken the time to look into updating the code to see if I can fix it.

The server path is used to provide differenent settings for leagues that install multiple StatsLab instances for different leagues in their universe (e.g. MLB, NPL using the same MySQL database). Settings such as enabled pages are league specific, as you may want to enable All-Star voting in one instance and not another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox07 View Post
Also, having used v9 and 10, the install process for 11 is a little convoluted now. Took me a few more tries to get everything up and running as opposed to StatsLabX.
Some of the differences avoid requiring write access to the server folders. In general, Iíve had far fewer questions about installation of StatsLab11 than StatsLabX. Some of that is probably that a lot of leagues were just converting over.
__________________
StatsLab- PHP/MySQL based utilities for Online Leagues
Baseball Cards - Full list of known templates and documentation on card development.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #93
Alan T
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,963
Thanks: 15
Thanked 136x in 94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
I think the appropriate answer is "yes". There's numerous issues with the development tracker once leagues exceed a certain number of players. The fact that OOTP outputs ratings for retired players, the fact that it's necessary to join very large tables in SQL, and that every rating has to be translated to the league's ratings scales and then compared with the previous rating makes it an incredibly arduous task for the computer. I provided the ability to split out development by league so that you can run it in chunks, but I think there's still a point at which the code (as currently written) pukes.


I can attest to that. I've tried doing it by individual leagues and it failed the same way unfortunately.

Thanks for the quick response though!
__________________
- Front Office Offseason League. (Fast Paced OOTP-X and OOTP11 leagues, sims one season every week)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #94
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer
 
Killebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,326
Thanks: 120
Thanked 50x in 25 posts
Regarding the generated emails for a draft...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Believe this is fixed now... same download as in the first post. Still labeled version 2.0.2.
Thanks a lot, the manual DB change (changed the email address field type in the mySQL DB) and rolling out those last updated PHP pages was successful for us, emails are working fine for us now.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #95
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer
 
Killebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,326
Thanks: 120
Thanked 50x in 25 posts
... and as that issue is solved...

Has anyone noticed that the "Set Team to Auto After Auto Pick" setting does not seem to work in statlab11 (version 2.0.2)? I know it worked well in the pre-statslab11 version we used, but unfortunately no longer.

Not sure what goes on in the back-end, but this setting is supposed to auto-pick for any team that previously had their draft pick clock run out. Initially when picks were not getting auto'd I figured the users had logged in and that might be enough to reset this, but now I'm sure it occurs even when the user does not log in.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #96
Recte44
Global Moderator
 
Recte44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 2,577
Thanks: 221
Thanked 159x in 95 posts
StatsLab is hanging up on us. F- you have my login info still.

http://baseballretrospective.com/MBBA/statslab/
__________________
Matt Rectenwald
Commissioner, GM: Las Vegas Hustlers, The Brewster Baseball Association- fictional league (JOIN NOW)
Recte44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #97
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve
 
BleedingCubbyBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gurnee, IL
Posts: 601
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Did anyone ever figure out a way to have StatsLab hosted on one server and the HTML on another?
__________________

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #98
sporr
Global Moderator
 
sporr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Muscatine, IA
Posts: 8,277
Thanks: 2
Thanked 40x in 2 posts
Hmmm.... went through the steps and now when I go to get onto admin.php, I get:

ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no ootp_sql_admin table)

So I can't save any settings on that page at all.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #99
pallison14
Major Leagues
 
pallison14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 452
Thanks: 33
Thanked 23x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Thanks for your answer. i decided to just run it online but i keep getting stuck. I keep getting the rro message
ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no ootp_sql_admin table)

I can't find a table called ootp_sql_admin.

What am i doing wrong?
Can I ask how this was solved? I'm doing an initial installation, and I'm getting the same messages:

ERROR: Unable to connect to SQL. Please verify utility configuration

ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no ootp_sql_admin table)

I've verified my dbopen.php file/permissions/location, as well as my config file. Any help greatly appreciated!
__________________
Commissioner, NGBL - Putting the FUNK in defunct.

New York (AL), UBL
pallison14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #100
sporr
Global Moderator
 
sporr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Muscatine, IA
Posts: 8,277
Thanks: 2
Thanked 40x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallison14 View Post
Can I ask how this was solved? I'm doing an initial installation, and I'm getting the same messages:

ERROR: Unable to connect to SQL. Please verify utility configuration

ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no ootp_sql_admin table)

I've verified my dbopen.php file/permissions/location, as well as my config file. Any help greatly appreciated!
In my case, it was because in the config file I was using the absolute server path:

/ootpu for example. fhomess fixed it by using:

../../ootpu instead.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments