Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #81
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The big smoke
Posts: 14,571
Thanks: 5,182
Thanked 5,139x in 3,137 posts
To repeat the ovbious, all competitiors charge money for this feature and don't provide season end updates either. Is it difficult for OOTP customers to grasp that concept.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

"We're supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?"

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #82
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,300
Thanks: 18,422
Thanked 8,384x in 4,202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
To repeat the ovbious, all competitiors charge money for this feature and don't provide season end updates either. Is it difficult for OOTP customers to grasp that concept.
Yeah, what you say is definitely true.

We did do it as a mod last year, but it just didn't quite work out for this year.

The rosters for OOTP16 will be great though, I promise.

We'll have more teams, leagues, and players than ever before, even better real draft classes, some much needed improvements to the MLB set, including fully redone speed, bunting and defense ratings (thanks to haveband), more prospects re-rated than ever before and some other great stuff as well.

They'll definitely be worth the wait

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-29-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-30-2014), HerbertMcHoover (10-30-2014), mpejkrm (10-30-2014), RchW (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 06:13 AM   #83
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newark, Notts, UK
Posts: 4,668
Thanks: 15,156
Thanked 1,061x in 711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yeah, what you say is definitely true.

We did do it as a mod last year, but it just didn't quite work out for this year.

The rosters for OOTP16 will be great though, I promise.

We'll have more teams, leagues, and players than ever before, even better real draft classes, some much needed improvements to the MLB set, including fully redone speed, bunting and defense ratings (thanks to haveband), more prospects re-rated than ever before and some other great stuff as well.

They'll definitely be worth the wait
Nice. Would be cool to see other additions that make non-MLB leagues more realistic too (although perhaps not going as far as the "complex rules involving the use of foreign pitchers" from the Italian league, but it would be nice as an end goal...)
__________________

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #84
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,300
Thanks: 18,422
Thanked 8,384x in 4,202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Nice. Would be cool to see other additions that make non-MLB leagues more realistic too (although perhaps not going as far as the "complex rules involving the use of foreign pitchers" from the Italian league, but it would be nice as an end goal...)
Yeah, agreed. Not sure if we'll see much in the way of changes there or not, it's Markus' call in the end, but I'm with you on the idea.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #85
TomVeal
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 507
Thanks: 63
Thanked 234x in 151 posts
Any chance that the new version will include the U.S. independent leagues or the Australian and French leagues?
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #86
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,300
Thanks: 18,422
Thanked 8,384x in 4,202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
Any chance that the new version will include the U.S. independent leagues or the Australian and French leagues?
Wasn't going to comment specifically for now, but since you asked...

Probably not the French league, though I'm working on making it and the German league as a mod.

As for the rest, probably so. I don't want to present it as a certainty since we aren't there yet and stuff can happen, but Australia, most of the US Indy leagues and the Japanese Indy leagues are the plan for now.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-30-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-30-2014), TomVeal (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #87
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newark, Notts, UK
Posts: 4,668
Thanks: 15,156
Thanked 1,061x in 711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Wasn't going to comment specifically for now, but since you asked...

Probably not the French league, though I'm working on making it and the German league as a mod.

As for the rest, probably so. I don't want to present it as a certainty since we aren't there yet and stuff can happen, but Australia, most of the US Indy leagues and the Japanese Indy leagues are the plan for now.
Wasn't the issue with the Australian league that they use quite a lot of loaned players, so the rosters were not doable in OOTP?
__________________

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #88
TomVeal
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 507
Thanks: 63
Thanked 234x in 151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Wasn't the issue with the Australian league that they use quite a lot of loaned players, so the rosters were not doable in OOTP?
Maybe OOTP 16 will add a loan feature? That would be useful for many reasons, not just the portrayal of the Aussies.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #89
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nice, Côte d'Azur, France
Posts: 11,300
Thanks: 18,422
Thanked 8,384x in 4,202 posts
Upon further review, Australia should be doable even without a loan feature.

The rosters won't be 100% perfect but there are more than enough guys on each team's roster that aren't loanees to fill out the league.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-31-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #90
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newark, Notts, UK
Posts: 4,668
Thanks: 15,156
Thanked 1,061x in 711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
Maybe OOTP 16 will add a loan feature? That would be useful for many reasons, not just the portrayal of the Aussies.
That would certainly be nice. I think Markus has said that it's not easy to do though.
__________________

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments