Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 05-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #161
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
July 19th-July 25th

July 19th, 2022: We were supposed to start the second half today, but our game was postponed and we'd play a double header tomorrow. This makes things difficult, as eventually I'll need a spot starter. The plan is for Edward Cabrera to pitch the 21st.

Madison Bumgarner tossed a 4-hitter as the Giants shut out the Rockies 5-0.

July 20th, 2022: A pair of trades started the day before our double header. The Diamondbacks traded former Marlin RF Teoscar Hernandez and cash to Arizona for RHP Jacob Nix. I like the Brewers haul in this one. Next, the Mariners sent RHP Austin DeCarr to the Reds for 2B Kevin Newman. The Mariners got the better end of this one, as Newman really isn't good and DeCarr is at least alright.

The first of two took place between Jameson Taillon (8-6, 1.88 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) and Jose Berrios (4-4, 4.67 ERA, 1.46 WHIP). Brendan Rogers is making his Marlins debut and hitting second and playing second. The Twins offense carried them to a 9-5 win.

Taillon wan't himself, 4 runs and 6 hits in 5 innings, but he didn't walk anyone and struck out 7. Tanner Rainey was charged with the loss, 3 runs in 0.2 innings. Victor Arano allowed 2 more off 3 hits in 0.2 innings of his own.

Rogers was 1-for-3 with a hit by pitch aand 2 runs scored in his first game in a Marlins uniform. Keston Hiura was 2-for-3 with a double, hit by pitch, run scored, and two driven in. Ryan Mountcasstle was 1-for-4 with an RBI double, and later scored as well.

Game two pitted Jordan Montgomery (7-6, 3.19 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) and Dallas Woolfolk (4-4, 4.69 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) gainst each other. The Twins swept the double header with a 5-1 win.

Montgomery allowed 5 runs in 5 innings off 6 hits, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Tanner Rainey pitched 2 innings, although was much more productive, and struck out 4.

We only had 2 hits, a Keston Hiura double and a Dustin Fowler triple. I don't think the team got the memo about playing a double header...

July 21st, 2022: The trades kept coming, with the Cubs sending 1B Kyle Scwarber to the Dodgers for RHP Justin Dunn. It's an absolute steal for the Cubs, as Dunn is significantly better.

I wanted Cabrera to make a spot start, but I pushed it back one day so A.J. Puckett (8-4, 3.21 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) could face his former team. Blayne Enlow (6-5, 5.06 ERA, 1.69 WHIP) took the mound for Minnesota as they looked for the sweep. Sadly, the Twins finished us off with a 4-3 win.

Puckett did fine, allowing 7 hits and just 3 of the runs in 5.2 innings with 2 wawlks and 5 strikeouts. Joe Jimenez was charged with the loss, a run and 2 hits in 2 innings with 4 strikeouts.

Lewis Brinson went 2-for-4 with a solo homer off Enlow in the 6th and a stolen base. Scott Kingery was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Victor Caratini was 1-for-2 with a RBI and 2 walks.

Alex Verdugo extended his hit streak to 25.

Well, not the start I envisioned, and we're now 4.5 out of first, behind the Braves. The Mets had a 3.5 lead over us for the 1st Wild Card. The now first place Braves would be our opponent for four in Atlanta, and this would be tough. We'd face Sean Newcomb (6-3, 3.08 ERA), Patrick Weigel (5-5, 4.92 ERA), Mike Soroka (10-4, 3.49 ERA), and Lucas Sims (8-6, 3.34 ERA). We could not afford to stay cold...

July 22nd, 2022: Edward Cabrera (1-0, 1.99 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) would make the spot start for his first of the year against southpaw Sean Newcomb (6-3, 3.08 ERA, 1.35 WHIP). Everything backfired, as Cabrera was hurt after just 1 at bat, a strikeout, but we managed to pull of the improbable 2-1 win.

Tanner Rainey allowed the only run, but pitched 2.2 innings after Cabrera left. He allowed 3 hits and struck out 3. Corbin Clouse tossed 2.1 innings after Rainey, walking just 1 and striking out 3. Victor Arano pitched the 7th and 8th and didn't allow a base runner. He got the win and a strikeout. Yasukazu Shiotani finished the game and earned his 25th save.

Our offense was a pair of solo homers. Andrelton Simmons was 2-for-4 with a double and solo homer while Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a solo homer and a walk.

Didi Gregorious went 5-for-6 as the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays 12-5.

Cabrera's diagnosis wasn't released yet, but the pen is way overused, so I'd place him on the DL tomorrow to recall a fresh arm for AAA.

June 23rd, 2022: I recalled Drew Steckenrider from AAA since he was fully rested, and placed Cabrera on the DL.

I signed International Amateur RF Juan Aguilar to a $1,320,000 bonus. He's another big power bat that can handle the corner outfield spots.

The Tigers lost recently acquired SP Kyle Freeland for the year with a torn flexor tendon. He made just 2 starts in Detroit, going 1-0 with a 6.35 ERA in 5.2 innings.

Tyler Mahle (5-5, 3.47 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) took on Patrick Weigel (5-5, 4.92 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) as we looked to keep on winning. The bats exploded, and we won again, this time 10-6.

Mahle went 5 innings, allwing 3 runs (2 earned) off 5 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts. Not sure why Tanner Rainey keeps pitching, and he allowed 3 runs in 1.1 innings with 2 hits and a walk. Koda Glover earned a save, pitching the 6th and 7th and allowing just 2 hits.

Brendan Rodgers was charged with the error, but was 2-for-3 with a walk, hit by pitch, 2 runs scored, an RBI, and a double. Mahle went deep, hitting a 2-run homer of Wiegel in the 2nd. Keston Hiura was 3-for-5 with a 2-run homer, a double, and 4 RBI's. Lewis Brinson hit a solo homer, but was just 1-for-5. Scott Kingery was 3-for-4 with a double and two runs scored.

July 24th, 2022: I made the right decision with Cabrera, as the youngster partilally tore his labrum and will miss 7 weeks. I'm leaving him on the 10-Day, but could transfer him if needed later. One thing for sure, is that it could've been much worse. I might need to look for another pen arm.

The All-Star games' winning pitcher Walker Buehler (9-5, 2.73 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) took on Mike Soroka (10-4, 3.49 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) as we looked to win the series a day early. We played a really good team game, and won 8-1.

Buehler was great, 6.1 shutout innings with 4 hits, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Corbin Clouse got the last 2.2 innings with just a solo homer, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Lewis Brinson was and impressive 3-for-5 with a three run homer, a steal, and 2 total runs scored. Ryan Mountcastle doubled twice in 5 at bats, scored a run, and drove one in. Keston Hiura was 2-for-5 with a steal, a run, and an RBI.

After the game I worked out a trade with the Mariners to add a reliever. I sent James Farris and Juan Villasenor their way for RHP Art Warren.

Warren, 29, is rated a 3.5* and has amazing stuff. He has one of the best sliders in the game, and is having an excellent season. He has a 2.04 ERA and 1.11 WHIP in 39.2 innings with 57 strikeouts and only 18 walks. Steck is optioned back down, and Warren will join the pen.

July 25th, 2022: We're up to 5th in the Power Rankings, with the Mets one spot ahead of us, and Atlanta two behind.

The brooms were readied, as the red-hot Taillon (8-6, 2.09 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) took on Lucas Sims (6-8, 3.34 ERA, 1.02 WHIP) in the fianle. The Braves were able to eek out the finale 3-2.

Taillon allowed all 3 runs in 6.2 innings with 6 hits, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

Keston Hiura hit a solo home rUn the 4th off the starter Sims. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double in the 9th inning, but Ryan Mountcastle was held up at 3rd. Kingery was intentionally walked before Simmons was struck out to end the game.

Alex Verdugo's hit streak was ended at 28 and his Dodgers lost 6-3 to the Pirates.

We'd return home for three to face the Reds to start our homestand, and continue a marathon of consecutive games until August 8th. The grind gets tough, but we'll be able to sleep in our own beds against Bobby Stiles (1-3, 6.47 ERA), former Marlin Zach Davies (8-6, 4.51 ERA), and Hunter Greene (6-6, 4.09 ERA).
ayaghmour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #162
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
July 26th-August 1st

July 26th, 2022: Zach Davies (8-6, 4.51 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) jumped up a spot to face former teammate Jordan Montgomery (7-7, 3.43 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) in the opener. We gave him a huge ovation in his return to a sold out Marlins Stadium. We tried to let him win, and after 6 scoreless we allowed 2 in the 7th and 4 in the 8th to fall behind 6-2. Luckily, we scored 5 runs in the 9th and walked off with a Ryan Mountcastle single.

Montgomery pitched well, just 2 runs in 7 innings off 6 hits and 6 strikeouts. Victor Arano allowed 4 runs, walking 3 and allowing a grand slam to Jesse Winker with two outs. Yasukazu Shiotani got the win with a perfect 9th.

While Mountcastle might have been the hero, Keston Hiura had a great game as well. He was 3-for-5 with a base clearing double, and he scored twixe. Mountcastle did triple as well and was 2-for-5. Andrelton Simmons was 2-for-2 with a run scored and a double. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-5 with a run scored and one driven in.

July 27th, 2022: The Padres will be without RP Pedro Strop for the year. At 55-48, they're 6 games out of the 2nd Wild Card and cna't afford any major losses.

Bobby Stiles (1-3, 6.47 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) started today, and A.J. Puckett (8-4, 3.28 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) got the start for us. I still can't believe we claimed him off waivers, as he's been amazing since joining the pitching staff. But the Reds bested us 4-2 with more late inning runs.

Puckett alowed just an unearned run in 6 innings after an Andrelton Simmons error. He allowed 6 hits, 2 walks, and struck out 4. Joe Jimenez allowed a run off 2 hits in the 7th, and Tanner Rainey allowed 2 runs off 2 hits in the 8th. Bobby Stiles threw 131 pitches in his complete game with a pair of unearned runs. 131! That's insane! That's a full 1980's work out.

Keston Hiura was 2-for-3 with a RBI and a walk. Brendan Rodgers also doubled, and scored both runs.

July 28th, 2022: The Braves got awful news, as they'd be without ace Sean Newcomb for the rest of the year with a tron labrum. he was 6-3 with a 2.93 ERA with 112 strikeouts in 113.2 innings, as his season ends today.

We looked to win the series with Tyler Mahle (6-5, 3.48 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) facing the team that traded him and Hunter Greene (6-6, 4.09 ERA, 1.24 WHIP). It took 10 innings, but we were still shutout 2-0...

But that's not the worst of it...

Tyler Mahle left after 3.2 innings with an injury, as I crossed my fingers and prayed...

Tanner Rainey struck out the side in the 6th inning. Yasukazu Shiotani got the loss, allowing 2 runs in his 2nd inning of work off 4 hits after striking out 3.

Christian Bethancourt did all he could, 2-for-3 with a double and a wlak. Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with a double. Keston Hiura was 2-for-4. But we couldn't score, and now we could be down a starter...

Next is Arizona for four, as we took on the 55-51 D'Backs. At 61-44, we're 5 out of first, but have a 4.5 game lead over Colorado for the 2nd Wild Card. We'd see Jhoan Duran (6-6, 5.30 ERA), Taijuan Walker (9-8, 4.15 ERA), Yency Almonte (9-5, 4.92 ERA), and Brian Johnson (2-3, 5.07 ERA) as we approached the deadline.

July 29th, 2022: Walker Buehler (10-5, 2.57 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) opened the series against Duran (6-6, 5.30 ERA, 1.46 WHIP) as we looked to bounce back. We shut the snakes out 4-0 in a strikeout expedition.

Buehler struck out 13 in 6 innings and won his 11th game of the year. He allowed just 2 hits and a walk. Koda Glvoer, Victor Arano, and Tyler Jay had an inning a piece with 2 strikeouts. Arano was the only one to not allow a hit, the other two allowed 1 each.

Keston Hiura was 2-for-3 with a sac fly and a pair of RBI's as his average is approaching .300. Ryan Mountcastle was 2-for-4 with a run scored, a double, and an RBI. Lewis Brinson left with a sore knee, and Carlos Soler was 2-for-2 with a double, walk and run scored. Brinson was 1-for-1 and scored before leaving, so the leadff spot was perfect. Brinson will just miss a handfull of games.

July 30th, 2022: The Red Sox lost RHP Travis Lakins for the year with a torn meniscus. It occured in his first big league start of the season, where he allowed 6 hits and 4 runs in 2.1 innings.

Jameson Taillon (8-7, 2.19 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) took on Taijuan Walker (9-8, 4.15 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) in the second of four. I gave Brinson the day off in favor of Soler. Late runs killed us again, and we fell 7-5.

Taillon allowed just 3 in 5.1 innings off 8 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Koda Glover pitched 1.2 perfect innings and got a hold. Arano allowed 2 runs in the 8th and Shiotani took the loss with 2 in the 9th.

Keston Hiura pushed his average to .302 with a 3-for-4 game. He scored twice and doubled, but also committed an error.Ryan Mountcastle launched a 2-run homer off Walker in the 4th and was 1-for-4. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a solo shot and Dustin Fowler was 2-for-5 with a solo shot.

Down in A- Batavia, 18-year-old Luis Puerta was 5-for-5 in a 9-5 loss to Vermont. He's hitting .431 against significantly older competition in 51 at bats.

Dinelson Lamet tossed a 3-hit shutout as the Padres got closer to us with a 9-0 win over the Pirates.

July 31st, 2022: So the worst news came, Mahle tore his ulnar collateral ligament and will miss 13 months. I have a solid replacement in Joe Labrie down in AAA, and he'll replace him in the rotaiton. The former Atlanta 1st rounder is rated as a 2.5/3.5 and has a bit of big league experience. It wasn't worth guting the farm for a temporary replacement when I had a good option in LaBrie.

The A's made two deadline deals, sending RHP Alex Lange to the Braves for LF Dustin Peterson. It's a steal for the Braves, as Lange, a former Marlin, is way better. He's, I'm assuming, the Newcomb replacement. They also sent RF Skye Bolt and RHP Angel Ozuna to the Rangers for RHP Ariel Jurado, in what looks like a good deal for the A's. Neither prospect is worth much, especially the 28-year-old Bolt.

We finished July with Jordan Montgomery (7-7, 3.38 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) facing Yency Almonte (9-5, 4.92 ERA, 1.48 WHIP). I gave Brinson another day off. We ended the month strong with a 6-2 victory.

Montgomery allowed just 2 runs (1 earned) in 5 innings off 7 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. Tanner Rainey and Joe Jimenez earned holds and Shiotani got the save. Art Warrent finally made his Malrins debut, 1.1 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout. The error was charged to Mountcastle

Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a run scored and 2 RBI's as well as a homer. Keston Hiura was 2-for-4 with solo homer in the 1st. Dustin Fowler also hit a solo homer, and finished 2-for-4 with 2 total runs scored. The pitcher Montgomery was 1-for-2 with a pair of RBI's.

The Yankees SP Zack Littell tossed a 4-hit shut out in a 12-0 win over the Rangers.

August 1st, 2022: We started August with the news that 1B Seth Beer won American Confrence Batter of the Month. He hit .357 with 4 HR's, 18 RBI's, and 22 runs scored.

We're also now down to 7th in the Power Rankings, with the Braves at #1. They are tied with the Mets in 1st, 4.5 games ahead of us.

A.J. Puckett (8-4, 3.12 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) got the 1st strart of August against former Marlin Brian Johnson (2-3, 5.07 ERA, 1.47 WHIP). Lewis Brinson was back in the lineup and hit 4th. It was a classic pitcher's duel that we won 2-1.

Puck was brilliant, no walks and just 4 hits with a single run in 7 innings. He struck out 7 hitters as well. Joe Jimenez got a hold, and Tanner Rainey a save.

Keston Hiura kept up his hot streak, doubling twice in four at bats with a RBI. Andrelton Simmons was 2-for-3 with an RBI. Hiura drove in Kingery and Simmons drove in Marwin Gonzalez.

Another former Marlin, Zack Godley, tossed a 5-0 shutout as the Yankees have shut the Rangers out in consecutive days.

We've lessened the gap to 3.5 and sit at 64-45, with a 5.5 game lead over San Diego and Colorado. We're off to the Mets, as the tired team will face one of the best in the league for a tough series. We'd face Chris Sale (5-4, 3.80 ERA), Luis Marrero (6-1, 2.23 ERA), and Jacob deGrom (13-5, 3.25 ERA) as we trudge through the Dog Days of August.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #163
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
August 2nd-August 8th

August 2nd, 2022: Joe LaBrie made his Marlins debut against Chris Sale (5-4, 3.80 ERA, 1.01 WHIP) as we started a tough road trip, although last time we faced the Mets on the road, we all know what happened... The series started great, as we scored 4 quick runs in the 2nd and finished the game with an 8-3 win.

LaBrie looked great, just 2 runs in 6.1 innings with 7 hits, a walk, and 9 strikeouts. Tanner Rainey tossed 2 innings and struck out 2, but allowed a solo homer.

Andrelton Simmons went deep twice and was 3-for-4 with 3 run ssocred and 3 driven in. Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-4 with a solo homer. Dustin Fowler weas 3-for-5 with a triple, 2 runs scored, a steal, and an RBI. Scott Kingery, who has adjusted to left rather well, was 3-for-4 with a run scored and was a homer away from the cycle.

August 3rd, 2022: A highly anticipated pitching matchup between Walker Buehler (11-5, 2.43 ERA, 1.02 WHIP) and Luis Marrero (6-1, 2.23 ERA, 0.88 WHIP) took place in front of a sold out Citi Field. Honestly, I'm still in shock, as Marrero allowed 9 runs in the 1st, and then they sent him out for the 2nd and gave up his 11th hit before taking him out, and we crushed the Mets 17-4. Yes, we scored 10 runs off the reigning Cy Young winner to raise his ERA all the way up to 3.03, but we can't score off the throw in starters or anyone in a Twins uniform...

Buehler went just 5 innings, walking 4 and allowing 2 hits, but just 1 run while striking out 3. Corbin Clouse allowed 2 runs in 2.1 innings off a hit and 3 walks with 2 strikeouts. Koda Glover allowed a run in 1.2 innings off 2 hits, but also got a strikeout.

I'm still trying to process how to comprehend this offensive explosion. I also can't tell which was more impressive: Walker Buehler going 3-for-4 with a run scored and 3 RBI's or Ryan Mountcastle going 5-for-6 with 3 runs scored, and 2 RBI's. I'm giving it to Buehler since he's a pitcher, Mountcastle made an error, and neither of them had an extra base hit. Brendan Rodgers also had a great night, 4-for-5 with 4 runs scored, 4 RBI's, 2 walks, a homer, and 2 doubles, which is probably the best performance and it earned him Player of the Game. Andrelton Simmons hit another homer and was 3-for-6 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI's. Keston Hiura was 4-for-7, scored once, and doubled. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a double. He scored three times and drew 4 walks. Victor Caratini was 3-for-5 with 4 RBI's, a double, a walk, and a run scored. Scott Kingery was 2-for-6 witha run scored, driven in, and a walk. Lastly, Dustin Fowler was 1-for-5 with a run scored, a double, and an RBI. I still can't believe what just happened...

Andrew Toles of the D'Backs hit for the cycle in a 10-7 loss to the Cardinals, but it was nothing compared to what happened in our game...

August 4th, 2022: The Twins will be without Tyler J. Watson for the year with a damaged elbow ligament. He was a perfect 9-0 out of the pen with a 3.72 ERA and 1.27 WHIP in 54 appearences.

Could we pull off the sweep? Could we score a run? Who knows, but what is known is what should be a good pitching matchup will take place between Jameson Taillon (9-7, 2.30 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) and Jacob deGrom (13-5, 3.25 ERA, 1.12 WHIP). We didn't score 17 again, but managed 4 and swept the Mets with a 4-1 finale victory.

Taillon went just 5, but was charged with only an unearned run. He allowed 4 hits, walked 4, and struck out 3. Tyler Jay, Joe Jimenez, and Victor Arano earned holds with hitless innings. Yasukazu Shiotani struck out all three he faced in the 9th to earn save #27.

We still managed 10 hits, with every offensive player but our 2nd pinch hitter Brian Anderson recording a hit. Christian Bethancourt was 2-for-4 with a double. Carlos Soler was 1-for-3 with a walk and a 2 run homer and Lewis Brinson led off the ball game with a leadoff homer. I bet that gave the Mets fan a scare...

Here's a shocking headline, Giancarlo Stanton has a 20 game hitting streak. He's never hit over .250 with the Yankees, but now has a 20-game hit streak after a 5-2 loss to Oakland.

We're now just 1.5 games behind Atlanta for 1st, and just a half game behind the Mets for the top Wild Card. We'd head to Washington to face the 44-67 Nationals for three. We'll face Sonny Warner (3-11, 5.44 ERA), Steven Brualt (6-8, 3.87 ERA), and Breiling Eusebio (0-3, 10.38 WHIP).

August 5th, 2022: Jordan Montgomery (8-7, 3.32 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) took on Sonny Warner (3-11, 5.44 ERA, 1.53 WHIP) as we looked to stay hot. But with a struggling arm on the mound, chances are we won't score more then 1 today. Sadly, I was right, he went 8 with just 1 run allowed in the 9th, and we lost 3-2.

Montgomery went 7, allowed just 2 runs off 6 hits and 2 walks with 4 strikeouts in a no decision. Joe Jimenez got the loss, allowing a run in the bottom of the 9th, as Victor Robles walked us off with an RBI single. Jimenez allowed 2 hits and 2 walks.

Dustin Fowler was 2-for-4 with a double and a pair of RBI's that scored Brendon Rodgers and Scott Kingery. Andrelton Simmons doubled as well, and was 1-for-3.

August 6th, 2022: The Padres pen took another hit as CL Andres Munoz is out for the year with bone chips in his elbow. He had 27 saves this year after 25 the previous season. Just 23, the Mexican Native brings comparisons to Roberto Osuna, who's career was tragically ended this season.

A.J. Puckett (9-4, 3.02 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) took on Steven Brauly (6-8, 3.87 ERA, 1.24 WHIP) in the middle game of the 4 game set. The offense woke back up, and after we allowed 4 in the 8th, we scored 4 in the top of the 9th to even the series with a 10-8 win.

Puckett had a rough start, and allowed 4 runs on 5 hits and 2 walks in 5.1 innings. He struck out just 3 and allowed a pair of longballs. Tanner Rainey and Tyler Jay earned holds before Koda Golver blew the save with 3 runs off 4 hits in 0.2 innings, after allowing an inherrited runner from Art Warren score. Corbin Clouse finished the 8th and earned the win, and Shiotani came in for the save. He walked the first hitter before suffering hamstring soreness, and was pulled as a precaution. Victor Arano got 2 strikeouts and a fly out to end the game and earn a save.

Shiotani will be fine, as he'll be ready to pitch again tomorrow.

Puckett hit well, going 2-for-3 with a solo shot and two runs scored. It's his first career homerun. Brendan Rodgers isn't missing the Coors effect at all, and was 4-for-6 with a double, 2 RBI's, and a run score, to push his average with us to .320 with 13 RBI's in 18 games. He hit just .268 with 38 RBI's in 95 games with Colorado. Dustin Fowler was 2-for-5 with a double, 2 runs scored, 3 RBI's, and a walk. Keston Hiura was 2-for-4 with his 41st double, a run, and an RBI. Scott Kingery and Victor Caratini were both 2-for-4 with a walk, the former with a run scored and 2 RBI's, the latter with the reverse.

Down in AA Jacksonville, 3B Josh Smith was 5-for-5 as the Jumbo Shrimp crushed the Shuckers 16-2.

Stanton's hit streak was ended at 20 in a 8-4 loss to the Friars.

August 7th, 2022: D.L. Hall is headed to the DL for the rest of the year, as the Orioles rookie tore his rotator cuff. The promising lefty pitched in 53 games with 4 starts, and finished 7-7 wih a save and a 3.63 ERA. He struck out 94 in 91.2 innings.

Joe LaBrie (1-0, 2.84 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) made his 2nd start as we looked to win the series against Breiling Eusebio (0-3, 10.38 ERA, 1.96 WHIP). Again, a subpar pitcher bests us as we fell 2-1.

LaBrie was solid, 7 strong with 5 hits, 2 runs, and 7 strikeouts. Rainey and Warren shared the 8th with a hit, walk, and 2 strikeouts.

We managed just 3 hits that lead to the unearned run. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-3 with the only run scored as well as a walk.

Randal Grichuck hit 3 homers as the Jays beat the Rangers 14-4

Tomorrow was a much needed off day as we've played 20 games in 19 days since the All-Star break.

August 8th, 2022: We're up to 5th in the Power Rankings, 1 spot above the Mets and three behind Atlanta.

Rookie Noah Naylor went 5-for-5 as his Royals still lost 7-5 to the White Sox. The 5th rounder from 2018 is hitting .241/.294/.406 in his first season.

We returned home to host the Phillies for three. At 68-47, we're 2.5 out of first and 1.5 behind the Mets for the 1st Wild Card. We'd see Aaron Nola (10-9, 3.77 ERA), Sixto Sanchez (4-7, 4.38 ERA), and Marcos Molina (8-3, 2.11 ERA).
Old 05-20-2018, 12:36 AM   #164
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
August 9th-August 14th

August 9th, 2022: We started a nice homestand with Walker Buehler (12-5, 2.41 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) and a finally rested Marlins side against Aaron Nola (10-9, 3.77 ERA, 1.19 WHIP). We treated the home fans to a nice 5-2 win with help from a 3 run 7th.

Buehler was as great as ever, and looks like a legitimate Cy Young candidate. He went 6 innings, allowing a single run and 6 hits with 7 strikeouts. Joe Jimenez grabbed a hold with a perfect 7th. Shiotani pitched the 9th and allowed a solo homer, but struck out 2 to finish the game.

Brendan Rodgers stayed hot with a 3-for-4 game, doubled twice, and scored all three times he was on base. Ryan Mountcastle was 2-for-3 with a 3 run homer and a walk. Dustin Fowler was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's and a double.

August 10th, 2022: The Twins lost SP Ross Stripling for the year with a torn meniscus. He was 7-6 with a 3.74 ERA in his first year with Minnesota.

Jameson Taillon (9-7, 2.22 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) looked to stay hot against Sixto Sanchez (4-7, 4.38 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) in the middle game of the series. The Phillies evened up the series with an 8-4 win to send a sold out crowd home sad.

The saddest part was perhaps the pair of injuries to Jameson Taillon and Tanner Rainey. Rainey will miss just 2 weeks with a mild shoulder strain, but the diagnosis on Taillon is still pending.

Corbin Clouse got the loss, but didn't expect to enter the game in the 2nd. He allowed 5 runs off 4 hits and 2 walks in 1.2 innings. Koda Glover allowed 3 more in 1.1 innings after Rainey left with his injury. Of the pitchers who expected to pitch, they combined for 6 single innings (counting Rainey and Taillon) with just 4 hits, a walk, and 9 strikeouts. That should've been a win...

Well, we didn't really deserve it as we only had 5 hits. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-5 with a run scored. Keston Hiura was 2-for-3 with a walk, run scored, RBI, and pair of doubles. Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer. Victor Caratini did walk twice in four appearences.

Rainey is headed to the DL, and I'd grab a replacement tomorrow.

Trea Turner went 5-for-5 with a cycle in a 14-9 Nationals win over the Mets. I appreciate that one Washington!

August 11th, 2022: I recalled Brett Conine from AAA. In New Orleans this year, he's tossed 24.1 innings with a 2.59 ERA and 1.27 WHIP and would rejoin the club in the finale.

Speaking of the finale, Jordan Montgomery (8-7, 3.29 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) battled Marcos Molina (8-3, 2.11 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) for the series clinching game. The struggling Lewis Brinson is hitting over .400 against Molina, so hopefully he could help. He didn't, but we still won 5-3.

Jordan Montgomery scared the Marlins fan base after he left after just 1.2 innings. Luckily, just a sore elbow, and with an upcoming off day, he'd be fine to make his next start. Conine got his first big league win, but allowed 3 runs on 4 his in 3 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts. Again, not really his fault, as he had to enter in the middle of the 2nd with no preperation. Tyler Jay, Koda Glover, and Art Warren earned holds before Bulldozer Shiotani got the save. Jay dropped his ERA down to 0.50 on the year in 36 innings. It's not as good as his 0.41 ERA in 2020, but that was just 22 innings after recovering from a major arm injury.

Scott Kingery went deep against his former team, a 2-run shot in a 1-for-3 outing. Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-4 with a 2 run double. Keston Hiura doubled twice in 4 at bats.

We're just 1.5 games out of first behind our next opponent, the Mets. We've won 7 of our 9 matchups against them so far this season. We'd face Brady Singer (11-3, 3.80 ERA), Chris Sale (6-5, 3.94 ERA), and Luis Marrero (6-2, 3.31 ERA). I think Marrero might be quaking with fear right now...

August 12th, 2022: Ok, it's ok, Taillon is just DTD for four days with a strained back and nothing more. I'd still need someone to start game three, but it'll be ok. I'm thinking of purchasing J.P. Gates' contract from AA to make the spot start. It's either him or Tanner Roark, and they both are scheduled to pitch tomorrow. I might fo with Roark just due to his experience and he's pitched well in AAA, 11-3 with a 3.30 ERA.

A.J. Puckett (9-4, 3.17 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) opened the series against Brady Singer (11-3, 3.80 ERA, 1.08 WHIP) as we had a legitimate chance to take 1st place after the end of this series. It's been a long time since we've been on top of the East...

It might be a little longer, as we dropped the opener 4-2...

Puckett went 6 innings and allowed just 4 hits, 2 runs, and a walk, while striking out 3. Victor Arano allowed 2 runs off 2 hits in the 9th.

Dustin Fowler was 2-for-4 with a double and a walk. Scott Kingery was 2-for-3 with a walk. We didn't really do much else other then that.

August 13th, 2022: I made my decision and scratched Tanner Roark from his scheudled start and would purchase his contract tomorrow.

Joe LaBrie (1-1, 2.70 ERA, 0.97 WHIP) took the mound today against Chris Sale (6-5, 3.94 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) as we looked to even up the series. We scored 4 in the 3rd and bounced back to win the second game 6-2.

LaBrie was excellent, 7 solid innings with only 2 runs, 2 walks, and 3 hits to go with his 6 strikeouts. The former Brave 1st Rounder has exceeded all expectations filling in for Mahle, and has done well enough that he might stick in the rotation for next year. After the Mahle injury, I shopped him around just to get a feel for what was available, obviously with no intent to make a deal as it was after the deadline, but he's set to make over $11 million in arbitration which is a lot to stomach for half of season of injury and the uncertaintey after it. I won't non-tender him, but if I can trade him for a top SS, it could really help me allocate funds better to give my players their raise, and look to unload Simmons' contract. Obviously, I'm fine with keeping Simmons, but I could use the salary relif if I can replace him with a better, younger version.

Keston Hiura had an excellent game, going 4-for-5 with a 3 run homer and an RBI double. He's now hitting .315 with 14 HR's and 70 RBI's this year and has been a blessing on offense. Ryan Mountcastle doubled twice in 5 trips with a run socred. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a hit by pitch and run scored. LaBrie himself was 1-for-3 with a run scored.

August 14th, 2022: I optioned Brett Conine to AAA to purchase the contract of today's starter Tanner Roark. The 35-year-old has a career 84-72 record in 256 games (208 starts) with a 4.06 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, and a total of 994 strikeouts. I signed him to a minor league deal in the spring, and he'll appear in the majors for a 10th straight season with his 5th organization, although he was a stallwort in the Nats rotation.

The Tigers lost CL Jason Foley for the year with a torn meniscus. The 26-year-old is 3-10 with 21 saves and an extremely high 7.79 ERA. He's got a ton of talent, but the 47-72 Tigers haven't really needed to replace their struggling closer, well obviously until now...

Roark picked up the spot spart against the only pitcher in history terrified of the Marlins lineup, the reigning Cy Young winner Luis Marrero (6-2, 3.31 ERA, 1.04 WHIP). He's so scared, that he allowed 4 runs in just 1.1 innings in his previous start, and is trembling as he came out on the mound with the sold out Marlins crowd yelling loudly whenever he attempts to pitch.

Okay, maybe that was a tad bit dramatic, but we won 7-0 and he lasted just 3 innings with 3 runs.

Roark was unexpectedly amazing, and would keep a spot in the pen, as his services in the rotation wouldn't be needed. He tossed 6 shutout innings with just 4 hits and he struck out 2. Corbin Clouse finished the game to earn a 3 inning save, and struck out 6 to go with a single hit and 2 walks.

Two Marlins were a perfect 3-for-3 today, Brendan Rodgers and Scott Kingery. Rodgers had a walk, 2 runs scored, an RBI, and a double. Kingery drove in 3, walked, and doubled. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-4, but took Rafael Montero deep in the 5th for a three run homer.

We're now just 0.5 a game behind both Atlanta and New York for first. With an off day tomorrow, we technically can be tied with Atlanta if they lose tomorrow, but the Mets have an off day.

Before the off day, I just wanted to give a Cole Brannen update: He's 3-4 weeks away from a full recovery, but has definitely dropped a little bit in his rating. He went from 4* potential to a 2.5/2.5, although his speed hasn't take any hits to his speed. I've really missed him with Lewis Brinson's struggle, but I don't quite know what's going to happen with him. I'm hoping he's not going to pull a Vince Coleman and fade away after injury. Kingery, however, has actually filled in at LF really well, and is now rated a 52, so he's slowly learning the position.

One final note: We've sold out every home game, but with our capacity at just under 37,000, we still rank 8th in total attendance. Fan interest is at an all time high, and I hope our 28th rated budget will increase in the offseason, because as noted, I have a lot of arbitration raises to juggle. The previously mentioned Mahle, Lewis Brinson, Jordan Montgomery, Brendan Rodgers, and Walker Buehler are all predicted $10 million or higher arbitration sums. Shiotani is projected around 8.4, Fowler at 7, and Caratini and Puckett around 5.5. Hiura and Glover are projected around 4 million, and then I still have Steckenrider, Jimenez, Jay, Anderson, Rainey, Kingery, and Warren to deal with. I'm hoping no cuts will be needed, but I have to stay realistic...
Old 05-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #165
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
August 15th-August 21st

August 15th, 2022: The Power Rankings were published and we rank at 4th, followed by Atlanta and New York. At 72-49, we'd lead every other division in the NL. Interesting tidbit, the Rockies have won 8 straight and 9 of 10 to tie the Dodgers for first. The Rox are red hot even after trading Rodgers.

We were off to host the Nationals for three before an off day. The last place 50-70 Nats would send Bryan Mitchell (1-0, 2.54 ERA), Dan Straily (3-7, 6.54 ERA), and Sonny Warner (3-12, 5.42 ERA) to the mound.

August 16th, 2022: Walker Buehler (13-5, 2.36 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) took on Bryan Mitchell (1-0, 2.54 ERA, 1.38 WHIP) as we opened the three game series. Brendan Rodgers is an impressive 8-for-17 with 2 homers against Mitchell, so expect something great. Or a 5-1 loss, either one is great.

Buehler allowed 3 runs off 5 hits in 4.1 innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts. Art Warren allowed 2 runs in 1.1 innings with a walk and 3 stirkoeuts.

We only had 5 hits, including a Brian Anderson pinch hit double, although he was hurt sliding into 2nd. His diagnosis is pending. Rogers did manage a hit and was 1-for-3, but there really was nothing to write home about...

And just like that we're 2 games back...

August 17th, 2022: Jameson Taillon (9-7, 2.20 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) took on Sonny Warner (3-12, 5.42 ERA, 1.50 WHIP) who dominated us in his last start, something he'll do frequently when he fully develops. For some reason we can't beat the Nats, and we lost 5-1 again.

Taillon allowed 4 runs off 7 hits in 2.2 innings with just 1 strikeout. Tyler Jay allowed a run in 0.2 innings, something he's barely done all year. Tanner Roark tossed 3.2 mop up innings after Taillon, and struck out 3 with just 1 hit. He's tossed 9.2 scoreless innings and is a strikeout away from 1,000.

Today we had just 4 hits, including a solo homer by Ryan Mountcastle in the 7th for the only run of the game. Brendon Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a double.

Jurickson Profar went 5-for-5 in a 4-2 Giants win over the Phillies.

August 18th, 2022: Brian Anderson just has a knee contusion, and will be fully recovered for out next series.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Jordan Montgomery (8-7, 3.25 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) taking on former Marlin Dan Straily (3-7, 6.54 ERA, 1.54 WHIP). If we don't beat Straily...

The offense finally showed up, and we avoided the sweep with a 6-2 win.

Montgomery was solid, 6 innings with 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Corbin Closue tossed 2 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts, and Joe Jimenez pitched a scorless 9th.

Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-3 with an RBI, walk, and his 13th steal. Dustin Fowler was a perfect 3-for-3 with a double, a run scored, and an RBI from a sca-fly. Andrelton Simmons was 2-for-3 with a run scored and a walk. Keston Hiura was 3-for-4 with his 47th double, a run scored, and an RBI in the 1st inning.

Ryan McMahon upped his hit streak to 20 as the Rox beat the Cards 5-2.

August 19th, 2022: Tanner Rainey didn't suffer a setback per say, but his injury hasn't healed as planned, and there is no timetable for his return.

We got today off before heading to Atlanta for two to take on the division leaders. We're 1 behind them and New York, and would see Mike Soroka (11-5, 3.63 ERA) and Lucas Sims (7-9, 3.49 ERA).

McMahon's streak was also ended today against the Pirates in a 3-2 win.

August 20th, 2022: A.J. Puckett (9-5, 3.16 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) looked to earn win #10 against Mike Soroka (11-5, 3.63 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). The bats were back at it as we won 7-2 to tied ourselves with Atlanta for the #1 Wild Card, since the Mets won as well.

Puckett tossed 6 strong innings with 5 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Tanner Roark tossed a perfect 7th with strikeout 1,000 and 1,0001. I don't know why, but he's been a beast out of the pen. Corbin Clouse finished the last two innings with just a single walk and strikeout.

Brendan Rodgers stayed hot with a 3-for-5 game with a 2-runu homer. Andrelton Simmons was 3-for-4 with a run scored, 3 RBI's, and a double. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-5 with a double, run and RBI. Victor Caratini scored three times and was 2-for-4. Scott Kingery was 2-for-4 with a run scored.

August 22nd, 2022: The Reds will be without Victor Diaz for the last month and a half. The 28-year-old tore his labrum.

We looked to earn the quick sweep as Joe LaBrie (2-1, 2.66 ERA, 0.89 WHIP) would face the team that drafted him and former teammate Lucas Sims (7-9, 3.49 ERA, 1.09 WHIP). The Braves bested their former 1st rounder 6-2 to split the quick two game set.

LaBrie allowed 4 runs on 7 hits in 6.1 innings with 5 walks and 4 strikeouts. Joe Jimenez allowed 2 runs off 2 hits and a walk without recording an out. Tyler Jay got two punch outs to finish the 7th.

Rodgers kept up his hot streak and was 3-for-4 with a run scored. Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-3 with a run scored, and an RBI from a sac-fly. Keston Hiura hit his 48th double and was 1-for-5.

The Mets lost two, so we're still just a single game out. We're off to Cincinnati to face the 62-63 Reds for four games.

Update on the Tyler Mahle situation, if I wanted to trade him today, I had a few interesting options: RP/SP Bob Cox (3/4.5), CL Edwin Diaz (5/5), RF Austin Hays (3.5/3.5), 2B Josh Jung (1.5/4.5), CL Tommy Kahnle (4.5/4.5), CL Corey Knebel (4.5/4.5), SS Gavin Lux (3/3.5), RP Joe Perez (3.5/4.5), and CF Travis Swaggerty (2.5/3.5). While none of these currently blow me away, there definitely is packaging that can be done if necessary.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #166
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
August 22nd-August 29th

August 22nd, 2022: Edward Cabrera suffered a rehab setback and will miss another 5 weeks. He may not be ready for the end of the season, and I transfered him to the 60-Day DL to free a 40 man spot.

Down in AAA, RF Brandon Marsh was named player of the week, hitting .542 with 2 homers and 9 RBI's. The 24-year-old lefty is making an attempt to earn a late season callup.

We're also down to 7th in the Power Rankings, with the Braves at 5th and Mets at 6th.

We opened our four game set in Cincinnati with Walker Buehler (13-6, 2.49, 1.05 WHIP) taking on Hunter Greene (8-8, 3.86 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) as we looked to win the opener. The Reds got 3 in the 9th, but we had enough of a cushion to win 8-4.

Walker Buehler went 7, allowed just 2 hits and a run, with a walk, and 7 strikeouts. Tanner Roark alloewd 3 runs in 1.2 innings off 3 hits, a walk, and a strikeout. Joe Jimenez finished the 9th with a fly out.

Keston Hiura was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles, a run scored, and an RBI. Victor Caratini also had 2 doubles and was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and an RBI. Brendon Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a walk, 2 runs scored, and RBI, and was also hit by a pitch. Andrelton Simmons was 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI. Buehler was 1-for-2 with an RBI, as sac bunt, and an error.

August 23rd, 2022: Jameson Taillon (9-8, 2.41 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) took on Bobby Stiles (2-6, 4.62 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) who's had a ton of success against us this year. Every Reds hitter who's recorded an at bat against Taillon is hitting over .300, including the 11-for-20 Tucker Barnhart. They rallied for 3 in the 1st and 1 in the 2nd, and won 5-2.

Taillon struggled, allowing 4 runs in 3.2 innings off 4 hits and 3 walks. Tanner Roark tossed 2.1 innings of mop up with a strikeout and just 1 hit. Victor Arano allowed a run in the 9th.

We had just 4 hits including a pair of solo shots courtesy of Scott Kingery and Carlos Soler. Soler's was a pinch hit in the 8th. Keston Hiura was 1-for-3 witht a walk, but no other Marliln got on base more then once.

Rhys Hoskins of the Phillies hit 3 homers to raise his total on the season to 34 in a 15-3 win over the Diamondbacks.

Jack Flaherty of the Cardinals shut out the Giants in a 2-0 win. He allowed just a single hit, 3 walks, and struck out 5.

August 24th, 2022: Jordan Montgomery (9-7, 3.24 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) took on Vladimir Gutierrez (7-8, 4.31 ERA, 1.37 WHIP) as we looked to bounce back. We stayed cold, and fell 4-2.

Montgomery went 5 innings, allowed just 5 hits and 2 runs to go with 2 walks and three strikeouts. Victor Arano got the loss and allowed 2 in the 8th off a walk and a strikeout. Former Marlin Jairo Labourt actually blew the save for the Reds, when Brendan Rodgers had an RBI single off him to tie the game at two.

Rodgers was 1-for-3 with a walk and the RBI. Lewis Brinson was 1-for-5, but hit a solo homer. Christian Bethancourt was 1-for-2 with a walk and run scored. Carlos Soler had another pinch hit in the 8th, this time a double.

August 25th, 2022: The Pirates will be without RP Randall Delgado for the year with a ruptured finger tendon.

We looked to take sole possesion of the first wild card and earn the split with A.J. Puckett (10-5, 3.15 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) facing Davis Martin (1-1, 5.00 ERA, 1.56 WHIP) who's making just his 2nd start of the season after 14 releif appearences. It was a long one, lasting 13 innings, but eventually Kevin Newman walked with the bases loaded as the Reds won 8-7.

Let's just say I'm extremely upset with how the pen was managed at the end of the game...

But first, Puckett had an awful game, allowing 5 tuns and 9 hits in 5 innings. He struck out two and walked one. Corbin Clouse allowed the Reds to take the lead, allowing 2 runs in 1.1 innings off 1 hit and a walk.

Now here's where it get's bad...

We all know how good Tyler Jay is, and he was in to start the 11th. He tossed 22 pitches yesterday, and has just 6 stamina, so you'd assume he'd get just 1 inning, maybe a bit more. Now granted, then pen is tired, but Jay is left out for 2.2 innings and threw 66 pitches. Now he didn't allow a hit, but walked 5 and struck out 5, and was left out even with an injury! His diagnosis is still pending, but someone who tore his flexor tendon back in 2019 and missed 14 months was left out until the point of injury, and 4 of those walks took place in the last inning...

Anyways, at least he hit...

Lewis Brinson was 3-for-7 with a solo shot, a double, and a total of 2 runs scored. Victor Caratini was 1-for-3 with a 3 run homer and 2 walks. Dustin Fowler was 3-for-6 with a double and three runs scored. Scott Kingery was 3-for-6 with a run scored. Jay himself was 1-for-1.

Tomorrow is an off day for the pen to recover, but I'm fearing the worst for Jay...

August 26th, 2022: Osiris Johnson upped his hit streak to 20 games as the Orioles beat Tampa 5-2.

We sit 2 out of first and 1.5 out of the 1st wild card, and wil head home to host the Royals. We'd face the 77-53 Royals who are 4 games out of first. They'd send Hunter Perdue (11-3, 3.67 ERA), Foster Griffin (8-10, 4.20 ERA), and Jorge Guzman (5-8, 4.31 ERA), a former Marlin, to end the series.

August 27th, 2022: Walker Buehler (14-6, 2.43 ERA, 1.01 WHIP) hosted Hunter Perdue (11-3, 3.67 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) as our fans got to witness the greatness of Chris DeVito and his 146 RBI's, although now he's on pace for just 182. Still impressive, he has exactly twice as many RBI's as my team leader, Keston Hiura. We gave up 3 in the 8th, and dropped the opener 4-3 to extend our losing streak to 4.

Walker Buehler left after just 3.1 innings with a sore back, which taxed our just newley rested pen. He allowed just a single hit and a run with 5 strikeouts before leaving. Roark was brilliant, 2.2 innings with 2 hits and 2 strikeouts. Arano had another rough outing, allowing 3 with 4 hits in 0.2 innings of work. He hasn't been the same since returning from the DL...

Dustin Fowler was 2-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 total runs scored. Scott Kniigery was 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a double. We needed to stop our skid right here and right now. LA is creeping up on us, and we have just a 1 game lead on them for the 2nd Wild Card Spot.

Osiris Johnson's hit streak was ended today at 20 games.

August 8th, 2022: Tyler Jay is out for the year with bone chips in his elbow. There goes one of the best relief pitcher's all year because of poor managing...

I recalled Brett Conine from AAA to replace him on the active roster.

Jameson Taillon (9-9, 2.53 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) took on Foster Griffin (8-10, 4.20 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) as we looked to prevent a second consecutive series loss. We fell again, losing 2-1 and the world was falling apart...

Taillon allowed just 3 hits and a walk in 7 innings and was charged with all the runs. He even struck out 6...

Victor Caratini was our whole offense, 2-for-3 with a double and a solo homer. Keston Hiura was 1-for-3 with a walk.

Wander Javier went 5-for-5 in a 5-4 win over the Diamondbacks. If you remember, at the beginning of the year he had a three homer game. He has just 5 total now...

August 29th, 2022: Down in AAA, SS Jose Israel Garcia was 11-for-23 with 5 RBI's in a week to remember. He was named Player of the Week in the American Confrence.

We also took a major tumble in the Power Rankings, falling all the way down to 12th. August has been rough, as we're an even 12-12, despite raising our rank to #1 in all pitching categories except strikeouts.

We looked to avoid the sweep with Jordan Montgomery (9-7, 3.25 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) battling former Marlins minor leaguer Jorge Guzman (5-8, 4.31 ERA, 1.49 WHIP). Montgomery wasn't messing around, and tossed a 4-0 shutout.

Monty went 8.2 innings, allowing just 3 hits and striking out 8. Victor Arano for some reason came in to get the final out, and allowed a hit. Yasukazu Shiotnai came in and struck out the final hitter to earn his 29th save. So Montgomery, a starter, gets taken out with 100 pitches and is a batter away from a shutout, but Tyler Jay gets pitched to the point of injury? I'll never understand OOTP...

We had 11 hits, and Lewis Brinson was just a homer away from the cycle. He scored twice and was 3-for-4, but also committed his first error of the year. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a run scored and 2 RBI's. Victor Caratini was 2-for-3 with a run scored.

We increased our lead to 2 over the Dodgers, and will host Philadehlphia for three to bring us to roster expansion. We'll see Adbert Alzolay (9-8, 3.85 ERA), Aaron Nola (12-10, 3.81 ERA), and Sixto Sanchez (5-9, 4.68 ERA).
Old 05-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #167
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
August 30th-September 4th

August 30th, 2022: Steven Matz will miss the rest of this year and mostlikely next year with a torn flexor tendon. He was 3-3 with a 4.99 ERA in 51 relief appearences.

Joe LaBrie (2-2, 3.38 ERA, 1.13 WHIP) took on the Phillies and Adbert Alzolay (9-8, 3.85 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) as we looked to start winning again. Marlins Park was packed today, and all the home fans left as angry as ever, witnessing a 5-0 shutout.

Labrie pitched fine, allowing just a single run, but only went 4.2 innings. He allowed 4 hits, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Victor Arano got just one out and allowed a solo home run. Brett Conine struggled in the 9th, allwing 5 hits and 3 runs. I'd option him if rosters weren't about to expand...

We had just 3 hits... Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 and Keston Hiura was 1-for-4 with a double. Things aren't looking so great right now...

August 31st, 2022: A.J. Puckett (10-5, 3.55 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) dueled Aaron Nola (12-10, 3.82 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) as we looked to get back on track. It was a close one, but we edged the Phillies 4-3 to even the series back up.

Puckett allowed a single run in 6.2 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 7 strikeouts to pick up his 11th win. Joe Jimenez, Koda Glover, Conine, and Arano all got holds, while Shiotani finished save #30. Glover did allowed 2 runs off 1 hit and 1 walk while only recording 1 out.

Dustin Fowler was 2-for-4 with a 2 run homer and 2 total runs scored. Ryan Mountcastle was 2-for-4 with a double, a run scored, and a steal. Scott Kingery was 1-for-3 against his former team with a pair of RBI's.

September 1st, 2022: Today Rosters expanded, and Tanner Rainey was sent to A- Batavia to begin a quick rehab assigment. Most minor league seasons end on the 4th or 5th, so I don't plan on making any major callups yet.

Down in AAA, 2B Jeremy Eierman was named American Confrence Batter of the Month. He hit .298 with 4 homers, 25 RBI's, and 23 runs scored.

We looked to take the series with Walker Buehler (14-6, 2.44 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) facing Sixto Sanchez (5-9, 4.68 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). Buehler has already beat Philly twice this year. It wouldn't be three, but after 10 innings we finished the Phillies off 7-4 with a Lewis Brinson walk off 3-run homer.

Buehler had a rough start, 4 innings with 8 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and just 2 strikeouts. Tanner Roark tossed 2 innings and allowed 1 more off just 1 hit. Yasukazu Shiotani earned the win, tossing 2 innings with a walk anad 3 strikeouts.

Brinson was definitely today's hero, going 3-for-5 with 2 runs scored, 4 RBI's, and a solo homer to go with the walkoff. Victor Caratini was 1-for-4 with a double. Keston Hiura was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

Up next is the #1 Wild Card team Atlanta, who would come to Miami for three. They had just a 1 game lead over us. At 78-58, we sit just 2.5 games behind New York, and could pass Atlanta with a solid home effort. We'd see Patrick Weigel (5-11, 5.96 ERA), Koby Allard (1-1, 3.46 ERA), and Mike Soroka (12-6, 3.69 ERA).

September 2nd, 2022: I added my first reinforcement, SS Jose Israel Garcia. Acquired in the big trade with the Reds before the season, the 24-year-old is set to make his MLB debut. He hit .327/.404/.491 with 12 homers, 74 RBI's, and 10 steals in 119 games in New Orleans.

Allard (1-1, 3.46 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) jumped Weigel and would face Jameson Taillon (9-10, 2.53 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) in the opener. Taillon has struggled agaisnt most Braves hitters, especially Freddie Freeman who is 10-for-27 against him with 4 homers. He didn't struggle today, and we won 6-4.

Taillon allowed just 2 in 6 innings off 5 hits, a walk, and 8 strikeouts. Corbin Clouse tossed 2 innings and allowed 2 runs off 2 hits, 2 strikeouts, and a hit.

Keston Hiura was 2-for-4 with a 2 run homer and 2 total runs scored. Ryan Mountcastle bashed his 42nd double in a 1-for-3 game with a walk, a run driven in, and two runs scored. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a double and 2 runs scored.

The Phillies LF Cornelius Randolph was 5-for-5 in a 17-5 win over the Cubs.

September 2nd, 2022: Tanner Rainey is headed back to the DL after suffering an injury in his rehab. Hopefully, it isn't serious.

Weigel (5-11, 5.96 ERA, 1.41 WHIP) got the start today against Jordan Montgomery (10-7, 3.07 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) as Jose Israel Garcia made his MLB debut, hitting leadoff and playing short. It was a pitcher's duel, and Atlanta came on top 2-1.

Montgomery went 7.2 innings, allowing 7 hits, 2 runs, and a walk, with 5 strikeouts. Koda Glover allowed 2 hits in the 9th, but struck out the side.

Garcia was 1-for-4 with a single in his MLB debut. Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-4 with a double and scored the only run of the game for us. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with a double.

September 4th, 2022: Yankees RHP Michael Pineda tore his ulnar collateral ligament and will not only miss the rest of this year, but likely all of next year.

We finished the series with Joe LaBrie (2-3, 3.16 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) facing Mike Soroka (12-6, 3.69 ERA, 1.15 WHIP) in a battle of 25-year-old Atlanta 1st Round RHP selections. Soroka is 1-4 against us, but he got the win today with a 7-1 victory as we continued our rough patch.

LaBrie allowed 4 in 5 off 6 hits, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts. Koda Glover allowed 3 off 4 hits in 1.1 innings as well.

Garcia was 1-for-4 with a triple and a run scored in his 2nd start of his career. Mountcastle was 1-for-4 with a double. Rodgers was 1-for-4 with an RBI.

Rhys Hoskins had another 3 homer game in a 7-6 win over the Cubs. He's up to 42 with 101 RBI's for the season.

With a day off tomorrow, I'd guess most of my callups will be joining us in our next series, although I do have minor league teams that will participate in the playoffs. Something needs to change, as we just can't seem to win anymore. Our playoff percentage is at just 67.8%, so we need to start winning again...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #168
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
September 5th-September 12th

September 5th, 2022: Tanner Rainey tore his labrum and will miss 7 months. I transefered him to the 60-Day DL, leaving 3 empty spots, although 1 will be filled by Cole Brannen, who is hopefully 2 days away from rehab.

The first playoff elimination also occured with the Tigers being elimnated.

Danny Blair was named player of the week in the Southern League, hitting .375 with a homer and 3 RBI's.

And we're ranked 10th in the Power Rankings, as we rest to prepare for the Mets. We'd see Jacob deGrom (13-7, 4.46 ERA), Michael Wacha (6-8,, 4.71 ERA), and Rafael Montero (3-3, 2.71 ERA) in the Big Apple. Luis Marrero was lucky to miss us, and he really hasn't been the same since his humiliation. Just 1 quality start since the dreaded day...

September 6th, 2022: The Giants lost Mad Bum for the year with bone chips. He's going to miss anywhere between 5 and 6 months.

1B Seth Beer earned a callup before the start of the series, but would most likely sit for the opener. A.J. Puckett (11-5, 3.27 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) took on Jacob deGrom (13-7, 4.46 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) as we looked to ruin the homefans outing. The bats decided to show up, and we crushed them 10-1.

Puck was brillinat, just a run in 1 innings with 5 hits, 3 walks, and 4 strikeotus. Tanner Roark finished the game with 2 perfect innings, including a strikeout.

Ryan Mountcastle drove in half our runs in a 3-for-5 effort. He scored twice, hit a double, and a grand slam off deGrom in the 5th. Scott Kingery was 2-for-5 with a double, triple, run scored, and 2 RBI's. Dustin Fowler was 2-for-4 with a steal, run scored, 3 RBI's, and a homer. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-5 and scored twice.

September 7th, 2022: I made a pair of callups, RHP Max Povse and 2B Jeremy Eierman. Most callups would still wait, since most of my farm clubs are in the postseason. Eierman, a former 1st rounder back in 2018, was acquried for C Jett Bandy back in 2020.

A pair of pitchers saw their season's end. Daniel Lynch of St. Louis has bone chips in his elbow and Bob Cox of the Rays tore his rotator cuff.

Walker Buehler (14-6, 2.56 ERA, 1.04 WHIP) faced Michael Wacha (6-8, 4.71 ERA, 1.40 WHIP) as we looked to take the series a day early. It was a close one, but we edged the first place Mets 7-6.

Buehler had a rough outing, 4 runs and 5 hits in 4.2 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts. Art Warren tossed 2 scorless innings with 2 hits and strikeouts and earned a hold. Victor Arano and Corbin Clouse allowed runs without getting outs, before Joe Jimenez finsihed the 8th with 2 K's and a hit to earn his 27th hold. He left with a blister, but he'll be fine for his next appearence. Shiotani got the 9th and struck out 2 to earn his 31st save.

Ryan Mountcastle had another good game, going 2-for-4 with a homer, 2 runs scored, and 2 driven in. Dustin Fowler was 1-for-3 with a walk and his 20th steal. Vicor Caratini was 1-for-4 with a three run homer. Breandon Rodgers had a solo shot as well.

Cole Brannen will start rehab in AAA tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned by his now "fragile" injury rating, and I'm hoping it won't hinder him in the future. At just 24, he still has so much potential, but injuries could derail it.

September 8th, 2022: Tampa Bay has had a fall from grace, being eliminated from playoff contention the year after winning the AL.

We looked to finish the sweep and win our 82nd game of the year, as we look for back-to-back over .500 years. Jameson Taillon (10-10, 2.55 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) looked to push his own personal record over .500. His opponent, Chris Sale (8-6, 3.73 ERA, 1.06 WHIP), the 33-year-old southpaw. Our offense loves Mets pitching, and we finished the sweep with a 7-3 win.

Taillon had a shaky start, 4.2 innings of 4 hit baseball with 3 runs, a walk, and a strikeout. Max Povse made his season debut, walking 1 run in 1.1 innings to earn the win. Jimenez was back with a perfect 7th to earn a hold. Shiotani got the last two outs of the 9th to earn the save, his 32nd.

Keston Hiura had a monster game, 4-for-5 with a double and 2 runs scored. Lewis Brinson doubled three times in 5 trips with 3 RBI's and 2 runs scored. Ryan Mountcastle stayed hot, going 3-for-5 with a double and 2 RBI's. Scott Kingery was 1-for-3 with a solo homer.

We knocked New York out of first, and trail Atlanta by 1 for first place. New York still held a half game lead on the top wild card, but our cushion is now 3 over LA and San Diego.

Chris Archer struck out 8 in a 5-hit shutout as St. Louis beat Cincy 11-0.

We're off to Philly for four with the 73-69 Phillies. We'd see Mike Clevinger (8-9, 4.18 ERA), Adbert Alzolay (10-8, 3.83 ERA), Aaron Nola (12-11, 3.87 ERA), and Sixto Sanchez (5-9, 4.86 ERA) as we looked to stay hot.

September 9th, 2022: I guess I can bring up all my callups, since my AA team, despite being in 1st, didn't win either the 1st or 2nd half, and actually isn't in the postseason.

I called up RP Drew Steckenrider, C Nick Feight, 2B Garrett Hampson, SS Jeremy Arocho, LF Adam Hasely, and CF D.J. Wilson. The only guys on my 40 not in the majors are Nick Neidert (injured), Jairo Solis (injured), and Cole Brannen (rehab). Solis will possibly be transfered to the 60, and I had two open spots at my disposal that I plan on waiting on a decision until the Baby Cakes finish postseason play. Chances are I'd use just 1 to grab a pitcher, as Edward Cabrera can come back in just 2 weeks.

Jordan Montgomery (10-8, 3.04 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) took on Mike Clevinger (8-9, 4.18 ERA, 1.26 WHIP) to start the four game set. In a slugfest, the Phillies took the opener 13-10.

Montgomery was hit hard, 5 runs despite just 3 hits, with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts in 3.2 innings. Max Povse allowed 4 (3 earned) in 0.2 innings with 6 hits, but 2 strikeouts. Koda Glover allowed 3 in the 6th off 3 hits and Brett Conine allowed 1 in the 7th off a hit, while recording a strikeout.

Ryan Mountcastle was 3-for-4 with 3 runs scored, 3 RBI's, a walk, and 2 homers. Carlos Soler was 2-for-4 with a three run homer. Scott Kingery also went deep, and was 3-for-5 with 2 total runs scored. Victor Caratini was 2-for-5 with a triple, run scored, and RBI.

September 10th, 2022: The Phillies lost Aaron Nola for 11-12 months with a torn ulnar collateral ligament. It's a huge loss to such an amazing player.

The Orioles lost 2B Tyler Krieger for 9 months with a broken bone in his elbow.

Lastly, Texas lost Adrian Sampson with a bone spur in his elbow.

The White Sox were also eliminated from the playoffs.

Joe LaBrie (2-4, 3.72 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) took on Adbert Alzolay (10-8, 3.83 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) as we looked to bounce back after yesterday's slugfest. The red hot Mountcastle is just 1-for-11 career against Alzolay. The bats cooled down on both sides, but the Phillies won 3-2.

LaBrie was brilliant, just a single run off 4 hits and a walk with 3 strikeouts. Shiotani actually blew the save, allowing 2 runs, 1 in the 9th, and 1 in the 10th. He was out of the game when Mickey Moniack hit a walk off single off Koda Glover.

Scott Kingery was 2-for-4 with a double and what looked like a game winning 2-run homer in the top of the 9th. Keston Hiura was 4-for-5 with a steal.

September 11th, 2022: The Cleveland Indians are the first team headed to the postseason. At 91-53, they have a 9 game lead over KC in the AL Central.

We can still earn a split, but would need consecutive wins, starting with A.J. Puckett (12-5, 3.18 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) facing JoJo Romero (5-6, 4.56 ERA, 1.41 WHIP). This time we had three in the 3-2 win.

Puckett went 7, allowing just 5 hits, 2 runs, and 2 walks, with 4 strikeouts. Joe Jimenez tossed a perfect 8th for his 29th hold and Shiotani earned save 33, despite a hit and 2 walks.

Ryan Mountcastle was 1-for-3 with a solo homer off Tony Cingrani in the 7th and a sacrafice fly. Keston Hiura was 2-for-4 with a run scored, and an RBI double on his 53rd of the season.

September 12th, 2022: Mountcastle won Player of the Week, going 12-for-25 with 5 homers, 14 RBI's, and 8 runs scored. And we're now up to 5th in the Power Rankings, a spot above the Mets and 3 above the Braves.

With a win and a Mets and Braves loss, we'd be in a three way tie for 1st. Walker Buehler (14-6, 2.72 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) faced Sixto Sanchez (5-9, 4.86 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) in the finale at Citizens Bank Park. We scored 4 in the 8th to take a 8-4 win.

Buehler went just 5.2, allowing 5 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Drew Steckenrider allowed 2 hits and a run in the bottom of the 8th. Jeremy Eierman hit his first career homer and was 3-for-4 with a run scored and 2 driven in. Jeremy Arocho also had his first career homer and hit, a pinch hit grand slam off Corey Walter in the 8th. Scott Kingery was 3-for-5 with 2 runs scored. He's been playing a bit of right field recently. Lewis Brinson was 3-for-5 with an RBI.

After the game, I recalled Cole Brannen from rehab assignment, but would have him fill a smaller role. He hasn't played too much, and I didn't want to risk further injury. I also may purchase the contract of a pitcher from AAA tomorrow...

We're back home to face teh Padres, but both New York and Atlanta won. San Diego is 3.5 behind us, while LA is just 1, as they've won 5 straight and 8 of 10. We'd see Tyler Beede (7-8, 4.97 ERA), Dinelson Lamet (7-12, 3.98 ERA), and Sam Keating (12-6, 3.99 ERA) as the season winds down and the playoff hunt intensifies. Our playoff percentage is at 81.3, but I'm definitely worried...
Old 05-21-2018, 04:38 PM   #169
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
September 13th-September 18th

September 13th, 2022: Despite having just 8.2 innings combined between AA and AAA, I purcahsed the contract of 23-year-old Ernesto Estrella. Rated as a 2/3.5*, the former 12th Round Pick from 2018 becomes the 2nd draftee of mine to join the active roster. He's done great in the minors, with a 2.01 ERA and 64 saves in 178 games on his route to the Majors Leagues.

The Boston Red Sox clinched the AL East today. At 89-56, they have a 16.5 game lead over the Blue Jays.

Jameson Taillon (10-10, 2.64 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) took on Tyler Beede (7-8, 4.97 ERA, 1.44 WHIP) as we hosted the visiting Padres. We couldn't score, and were shutout 2-0...

Taillon went 8 innings and allowed both runs. He walked 1, struck out 4, and gave up 7 hits. We did manage 7 singles, however, despite not scoring a single run. Ryan Mountcastle and Dustin Fowler were both 2-for-4 with a strikeout.

We're also now tied with LA for the 2nd Wild Card Spot...

September 14th, 2022: Jordan Montgomery (10-9, 3.24 ERA, 1.07 WHIP) took the mound against Dinelson Lamet (7-12, 3.98 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) as we looked to quickly bounce back. The game was tied 1-1 heading into extras, but San Diego scored 4 in the top of the 10th to win 5-1.

Montgomery was great, just a run off 4 hits and a walk in 6.2 innings, while striking out 7. Estrealla made his debut, tossing an inning of work with just 1 hit and a strikeout. Shoitani got the loss, allowing 3 off 3 hits with a walk and 2 strikeouts. Steckenrider tossed an inning, allowing a hit, run, and struck out 2.

We only had 4 hits today, including a solo homer by Scott Kingery. Dustin Fowler was 1-for-4 with a double.

September 15th, 2022: We looked to avoid the sweep with with Joe LaBrie (2-4, 3.40 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) facing Sam Keating (12-6, 3.99 ERA, 1.23 WHIP). Despite attempting to blow the game, we managed a 4-3 win.

LaBrie was brilliant, 7 strong innings with 9 strikeouts, just 1 run, 5 hits, and 2 walks. Victor Arano and Joe Jimenez got holds, although Jimenez allowed 2 runs in an inning with a hit, walk, and strikeout. Art Warren finished the 9th and earned the save, with 2 wealks and 2 strikeouts.

Ryan Mountcastle went 2-for-4 with a 3 run homer. Carlos Soler was 1-for-3 with a walk, triple, and run scored.

Ryan Braun recorded his 2,500th hit as the Angels still fell to the Mariners 6-5. He's played in 2,202 career games, most with Milwaukee.

We're on to D.C. to mace the Nationals for three. We'd see Freicer Perez (3-10, 6.27 ERA), Dan Straily (3-10, 7.40 ERA), and Sonny Warner (4-14, 5.39 ERA). We desperately need a sweep here...

September 16th, 2022: A.J. Puckett (13-5, 3.15 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) took on Freicer Perez (3-10, 6.27 ERA, 1.81 WHIP) to open up the series that we needed to start out strong. The Nats scored 4 in the 9th and we dropped the opener 7-6.

Puckett went just 5, and allowed 3 runs (1 earned) with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts with just 2 hits. Unearned runs were the theme, as Shiotani allowed 4 (3 earned) with 2 hits and 2 walks before Art Warren threw 1 pitch that ended the game.

Keston Hiura was a perfect 4-for-4 with 2 runs scored, 3 driven in, a walk, and a double. Victor Caratini was 3-for-5 with a double. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with a RBI and walk. Cole Brannen was 1-for-3 with 3 walks, 2 runs scored, and was 1-for-2 in steal attempts. He has just 15 steals due to all the time missed.

Luckily LA lost too, so it's still a tied there...

September 17th, 2022: Game two saw Walker Buehler (15-6, 2.79 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) and former Marliln Dan Straily (3-10, 7.40 ERA, 1.68 WHIP) do battle. We couldn't score off stupid Straily, and lost 3-0.

Buehler allowed 3 (2 earned) in 6 off 4 hits, but struck out 10. Cole Brannen, Lewis Brinson,a nd Keston Hiura all doubled, but we couldn't score a run.

And we're now a game out...

We can't beat the Nationals...

September 18th, 2022: The Twins clinched a playoff spot today.

We looked to avoid a sweep with Jameson Taillon (10-11, 2.62 ERA, 1.17 WHIP) taking on Sonny Warner (4-14, 5.39 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). In another dissapointing game, we lost 5-7 and now sit 2 games out of first. I'm not even going to report on this one...

Tomorrow is a day off, but we're running out of time. We've fallen all the way down to 85-67, and our playoff probability has dropped to 25.7%. All that is left is three in Chicago, 3 at home against Milwaukee, and 4 at home hosting the Mets. I'm not quite sure what is wrong, and we're just 8-9 in September after a 14-13 August. Things were looking so promising, and now they look so grim. Our Pythagorean is 92-60, which would give us a 2.5 game lead over Atlanta for first place in the division...
Old 05-21-2018, 08:17 PM   #170
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
September 19th-September 25th

Septemebr 19th: We're all the way down to 12th in the Power Rankings, and we don't have a game today. There really was nothing to do on the off day, except hope and pray that we can start winnings, as we begin a string of 10 straight games with the hope that there is at leaset 1 more after that...

It's on to Chicago, who is unrightfully in first with a mediocre 79-73 record. But they have a playoff spot and we don't, so who am I to judge? We'll face this year's Luis Marrero Jorge Flores (18-4, 2.70 ERA), Kyle Hendricks (7-14, 5.71 ERA), and Justin Dunn (7-8, 3.86 ERA).

September 20th: Ok, deep breaths. This is it, the final 10. We are not missing the playoffs this year! We better not...

2 games out of the 2nd Wild Card, Jordan Montgomery (10-9, 3.17 ERA, 1.06 WHIP) took on 32-year-old Cuban first year player Jorge Flores (18-4, 2.70 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). Maybe we cna hit him like Marrero, or maybe not, since we don't hit anyone, it's not really our style...

Of course we'd lose the opener 4-1, as we look to continue to dig our own grave...

Montgomery wasn't hits best, 8 hits in 4.1 innings with 4 runs, 3 walks, and 4 strikeouts. The pen actually didn't give up a run, and just 1 hit in 4.2 innings, so that's a first...

Keston Hiura was 2-for-4 and drove in Cole Brannen with a double in the 4th. That's about it...

Luckily Colorado lost, so it's just 2 games out still.

Ender Inciarte of the Tigers was 5-for-6 in an 11-9 win over Seattle.

September 21st, 2022: The Royals are headed to the playoffs, with major help from Chris DeVito and his 168 RBI's. While he won't break Hack Wilson's record, he drove in more runs then the entire Miami Marlins organization...

A.J. Puckett (13-5, 3.12 ERA, 1.16 WHIP) attempted to not lose against Kyle Hendricks (7-14, 5.71 ERA, 1.62 WHIP). The trio of Brendon Rodgres, Ryan Mountcastle, and Dustin Fowler are all cold. The offense actually showed up, and we won 7-3.

Puck wasn't his sharpest, but he did enough to get the win. 8 runs and 3 hits in 5 innings with a walk and 6 strikeotus. Art Warren and Joe Jimenez got holds. Jimenez went 2 innings with 3 strikeouts.

Well, we had a lot of doubles, 8 to be exact. Cole Brannen doubled three times in four at bats and scored twice. Keston Hiura was 2-for-4 with a double, run scored, and RBI. Brendon Rodgers had a nice game, 2-for-4 with a run scored, 3 RBI's, and a double in the 1st. It felt nice to finally, finally win a baseball game.

September 22nd, 2022: We're just a game behind Colorado and San Diego, as we look to take the finale to win the series. Justin Dunn (7-8, 3.86 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) would be our opponent, with Cy Young candidate Walker Buehler (15-7, 2.80 ERA, 1.05 WHIP) on themound for us. Rodgers is no longer cold, as yesterday's performance thawed the ice. The offense really clicked today, and we crushed the Cubs 11-1. These are the Marlins I know!

Buehler was elite, just 2 hits, despite 4 walks, and a single run with 7 strikeouts in 6.1 innings. Maybe elite is a slight stretch, but I have to campaign for him...

Dustin Fowler's bat caught fire, 3-for-6 with 3 runs scored, 2 RBI's, a double, and a homer. Nick Feight was 2-for-5 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Rodgers was 3-for-4 with a double, a steal, 2 runs scored, a walk, and an RBI. Ryan Mountcastle was 3-for-5 with 2 RBI's and a double.

We still sit 1 back of just Colorado, but are home for the last 7 games of the season. First comes the 66-89 Brewers with Felix Jorge (10-12, 5.12 ERA), Alex Scherff (0-0, 2.08 ERA), and Corbin Burnes (6-14, 4.49 ERA). We need a sweep!

September 23rd, 2022: Marlins Park is packed as the hometown fans cheer on their favorite team. Two pitcher's with identical record Jameson Taillon (10-12, 2.79 ERA, 1.19 WHIP) and Felix Jorge (10-12, 5.12 ERA, 1.34 WHIP) with not so identical production face off to open the series. All the frozen bats are now thawed, which could be a sign of what's yet to come! Or that another cold streak is yet to come after the 4-3 loss...

Taillon wasn't the best, 3 runs in 4.1 innings off 5 hits and 4 strikeouts. Tanner Roark got the loss, 2.2 innings with 2 hits, a run, a walk, and a strikeout.

Victor Caratini was 2-for-3 with a walk, RBI, and a double. Scott Kingery was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer. That was the offense today...

But we're still jsut 1 game back, this time of both San Diego and Colorado.

September 24th, 2022: Here's a tough one, Alex Scheff (0-0, 2.08 ERA, 0.92 WHIP) against Joe LaBrie (3-4, 3.10 ERA, 1.14 WHIP). We can't afford two losses to the awful Brewers... And Lewis Brinson is cold again... Hopefully some revenge on the team that traded him? No hitter on either team has faced the opposing pitcher. Phew, runs and an 8-2 win!

LaBrie had a shaky start, lasting just 4 innings with 2 hits, 2 runs, 4 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Max Povse got the win with a scorless 5th, and Art Warren struck out 4 in 2 innings to get a hold.

We got a glimpse of vintage Cole Brannen (weird calling something a 24-year-old does vintage) with a 2-for-5 with 2 steals and 3 runs scored to go with a double. Ryan Mountcastle was 3-for-5 with a 3 run homer. Scott Kingery was 3-for-5 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer. Brendon Rodgers was 3-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and 2 driven in.

Still just 1 out...

Septemer 25th, 2022: The Tigers fired manager Kohei Tanka today. In his first season as manager, the team was an uninspiring 60-97. He served as their bench coach the previous three seasons.

We finished off the Brewers series with Jordan Montgomery (10-10, 3.29 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) taking on Corbin Burnes (6-14, 4.49 ERA, 1.36 WHIP). Both teams scored 1 in the 1st and 1 in the 7th, but neither team managed a run in the 9th. It took 13 innings, but Cole Brannen walked it off with a single, sending the home crowd into a frenzy as we won our 89th game of the year!

Montgomery was brillinat, 7 innings with 8 hits, just 2 runs, and 8 strikeotus. Then pen was near perfecct, not allowing a hit in 6 innings. They did walk 4, but struck out 9. Shiotani walked one and struck out 4 in 2.1 innings. Koda Glover earned the win, striking out the last hitter in the top of the 13th. And just like that, we're tied with Los Angeles for the 2nd Spot!

It get's tough, as we host New York for four, but we'll have Nick Neidert and Edward Cabrera for the upcoming series. New York is half a game out of first and we're 2.5 game out. Best case, we win all four and gurantee ourself a playoff spot. Our playoff odds are now back up to 59.8.

It's going to be tough, as we face Jacob deGrom (13-9, 4.61 ERA), Michael Wacha (6-10, 4.86 ERA), Chris Sale (9-8, 4.10 ERA), and Rafael Montero (5-3, 2.60 ERA). Notice who isn't being seen... But he is scheduled to pitch the Wild Card game if necessary...
Old 05-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #171
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
September 26th-October 1st

September 26th, 2022: It all comes down to this, just four games... But first:

The Indians clinced the AL Central. At 96-62, they have a 5 game lead and 7 game leads on fellow playoff teams Minnesota and Kansas City. We're also back up to 6th in the Power Rankings, a spot behind Atlanta who is right behind New York.

Again, it all coems down to this: I'm a little nervous, but we got this! At home, facing the Mets who we've had success with all season. A.J. Puckett (14-5, 3.18 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) got the deGrominator (13-9, 4.61 ERA, 1.27 WHIP) in the first of four intense matchups. We started the first of four with a tough 9-4 loss.

Puck was rocked, 8 hits and 6 runs in just 2.2 innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts. Tanner Roark had a strong mop up outing, 3.2 innings with 4 hits and 3 strikeouts, but most importantly no runs. Same couldn't be said of Koda Glover, who allowed 3 (1 earned) in 1.2 innings off 4 hits, 2 walks, and a strikeout.

Scott Kingery was 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a double. Ryan Mountcastle was 2-for-3 with a run scored and a steal. Dustin Fowler hit a solo homer.

September 27th, 2022: Note: I was too sacred to play every game out, so I simmed all four days and the recapped them after, so the format will be a little different.

Francisco Lindor hit for the cycle in a 7-2 win over the Twins.

We bounced back today with a 3-2 win. Walker Buehler went 7 innings, allowing just 5 hits, 2 runs, and 6 strikeouts. Shiotani got the win, pitching the 8th for some reaosn, and Arano earned the save in the 9th. I don't know what the swap was about, but hey, we won!

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-3 with a run scored, RBI, and triple. Ryan Mountcastle doubled twice in four trips with a run scored and RBI. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-3 with a walk, triple, RBI, and run scored.

September 28th, 2022: We lost 5-1, and now needed to win tomorrow. I definitely got screwed, and Nick Neidert made the start, allowing 3 in 3.2 innings with 4 hits, a walk, and 4 strikeouts. This is what I get... Steck allowed 1 in 1.1 and Warren allowed 1 in 3.

We had just 6 hits, and the only run came from an Adam Haseley solo homer off Sale in the 8th. Ryan Mountcastle was 2-for-4 with a double.

September 29th, 2022: Jace Vines tossed a 4-hit shutout as the Royals crushed Detroit 11-0. Chris Archer pitched a 7-0 shutout as the Cardinals cruised passed the Pirates.

In the must win game, we scored 3 in the 6th to take a 3-1 lead. Then both teams got 1 in the 7th. New York rallied for 2 more in the 9th, and I couldn't believe it was tied. Luckily, we walked off with a Victor Caratini walk off single.

Taillon pitched great, 7 innings with 6 hits 2 runs (1 earned), a walk, 3 strikeouts, and the no decision. Arano got a hold, But Shiotani allowed 2 (1 earned) in the 9th, despite striking out the side. A pair of Mountcastle error's killed us, almost...

Carlos Soler was 1-for-4 with a three run homer in the 6th. Scott Kingery was 3-for-4 with a double and run scored. Victor Caratini was 2-for-2 with a run scored, driven in, and 2 walks.

Atlanta won the East, the Mets are the #1 Wild Card, Colorado is the NL West leader, and we'll play the Dodgres in a play in game...

Colorado would have no Zach Britton and Seattle was eliminated from the playoffs, with the Astros winning the West.

October 1st, 2022: Literally, everything came down today. Everything we worked for, everything we've faught for, everything we've already blown. It would be a 1 game play in game just to play another 1 game play in for the wild card series.

Jordan Montgomery (10-10, 3.26 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) faced Song-sil Su (7-8, 4.96 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) with the season on the line. I'm scared, not going to lie, as on paper, their lineup is at least 50 times better then ours. But anything can happen in baesaball, even a 3-2 win for the hometeam, which happened to be us! We're back in the playoffs baby!

Montgomery went just 5, and allowed 2 runs (1 earned), with 4 hits and 5 strikeouts. These errors are killing us... Buehler pitched in relief, and tossed 2 innings with a hit and 4 strikeouts. The last 2 innings went to Shiotani, who allowed just a hit and struck out 4. It was unconventional, but we did it, we took down the defending champions and the team who's represented the NL every year since 2017.

Of cours, we only had 6 hits. Ryan Mountcastle was 3-for-4 with an RBI and 2 doubles. Keston Hiura was 2-for-2 with 2 runs scored, 2 walks, an RBI, and a double. They finished with 54 and 58 doubles respectively on the season.

Wow... Now wasn't that something. At 92-71, we're off to New York to take on the Mets as we look to earn our way into the NLDS.

We finished the year ranked 1st in every pitching category except BABIP (4th) and we were 1st in steals. No other offensive stat was above 10, and out defensive efficiency was 3rd, although it really felt like dead last the past couple games.

And including October, we were never under .500 for a month. August and September were 14-13, but they weren't under .500.

Walker Buehler finished 3rd in ERA (2.71) and Wins (16). Up comes the real playoffs! Time to win it all!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #172
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Playoffs

There have been a lot of movement in the playoff spot, so here are the 5 representing each league:

American League
AL East: Boston Red Sox (100-62)
AL Central: Cleveland Indians (99-63)
AL West: Houston Astros (81-81)
Wild Card 1: Kansas City Royals (92-70)
Wild Card 2: Minnesota Twins (92-70)

Yes, a 91 (Dodgers) and 89 (Padres) win teams don't make the playoffs, but one with 81 does in the AL West...

National League
NL East: Atlanta Braves (94-68)
NL Central: Chicago Cubs (86-77)
NL West: Colorado Rockies (94-68)
Wild Card 1: New York Mets (93-69)
Wild Card 2: Miami Marlins (92-71)

October 3rd, 2022: The NL Wild Card game was first, so that means we got to see the lineup's favorite pitcher and the rest of the league's least favorite: Luis Marrero (9-6, 3.33 ERA, 1.03 WHIP). His opponent, Jameson Taillon (10-12, 2.81 ERA, 1.18 WHIP). It all comes down to this: Would we win? Could we win? Did I really have to temporarily delay the game because Ryan Mountcastle wasn't on the playoff roster? These questions and more will be answered after I add him to the roster, if the game lets me...

Not quite sure what that was all about... The AI is completely random with who they have on the roster and who they don't, and I thought I corrected everything, but I was wrong. I wasn't going to let them screw me over again like they did in the last week...

Anywas, the red hot Mountcastle was in the lineup and hit 4th and manned the hot corner. And then my game crashed...

My guess, we hit Luis Marrero so hard the game didn't know how to process it. Or maybe the offense was so bad we managed negative hits and broke the game...

Either way, we'll never know...

Ok, I clicked Start Game and it loaded. Good start! But losing in 10 innigns 2-1 on a walk off solo homer from Peter Alonso wasn't. I guess it's just not meant to be...

Taillon allowed just 3 hits and a walk in 5.1 innings with an earned run and no strikeouts. Victor Arano got the loss, and went out for the 10th after pitching the 9th. Again, not sure what my manager was doing...

We didn't really deserve to win, as we only had 4 hits. Cole Brannen drove in Victor Caratini on an RBI single, but was then caught stealing. Caratini doubled and scored from second.

Well, we're not very good at this thing called the playoffs...

On to next year! Oh wait, there are still games left to be played? Oh yeah...

Minnesota bested the Royals in their Wild Card game.

They then went and swept the Red Sox.

The Indians just bareley edged the awful Astros 3-2.

Colorado beat those stupid Mets 3-2.

The Cubs beat the Braves 3-2.

Way to go NL East...

The Twins bested the Indians 4-2.

The Cubs bested the Rockies 4-2.

The World Series will be the Cubs and the Twins! Both teams have won recently, the Cubs in 2016 and the Twins in 2018.

It went to 7 games, but the Cubs eventually prevailed! At just 86-77, they bareley deserved to make the playoffs, but won their divison, and then played like a playoff team in the postseason. Kris Bryant was named series MVP.

Now we have a lot of moves to make so the Marlins can win the 2023 World Series!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:02 AM   #173
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Awards, Arbitration, and Pre-Free Agency

November 3rd, 2022: The offseason started today, and that means it was time to balance the budget while still sending out a competitor. The current roster didn't quite get it done, so something must be done to make things work.

My new budget is $148,000,000, which is less then my payroll. Yikes...

My scout also retired... Double yikes...

There are definitely good options, but I had to delay everything until I grabbed a new scout.

The Mets were soled to Mike Burt, so hopefully he implodes them like our previous owner did...

The Cardinals also fired long time skipper Mike Matheny.

I released Tanner Roark, Chirstian Bethancourt, and Marwin Gonzalez to make room for Tyler Mahle, Tyler Jay, and Tanner Rainey.

I'm really hoping my new scout doesn't hate my team...

November 8th, 2022: I signed Jaron Madison to be my new scout. He's great, excellent, excellent, excellent. And he doesn't completely hate my team, and for the most part, is pretty close to what Stan Meek said. Biggest difference is he doesn't really like Cole Brannen, but that could be injury telated.

I could finally tackle arbitration:
SP Walker Buehler (1-year, $11,400,000)
SP Tyler Mahle (1-year, $13,590,000)
SP Jordan Montgomery (1-year, $13,170,000)
SP A.J. Puckett (1-year, $5,250,000)
RP Corbin Clouse (1-year, $980,000)
RP Koda Glover (1-year, $3,290,000)
RP Tyler Jay (1-year, $1,850,000)
RP Joe Jimenez (1-year, $3,850,000)
RP Kenyan Middleton (Non-Tendered)
RP Tanner Rainey (1-year, $1,080,000)
RP Drew Steckenrider (1-year, $1,440,000)
RP Art Warren (1-year, $1,930,000)
CL Yasukazu Shiotani (1-year, $8,240,000)
C Victor Caratini (1-year, $5,450,000)
1B Keston Hiura (1-year, $3,870,000)
2B Soctt Kingery (1-year, $3,320,000)
2B Brendan Rodgers (1-year, $8,690,000)
3B Brian Anderosn (1-year, $1,050,000)
LF Lewis Brinson (1-year, $10,290,000)
LF Charlie Tilson (Non-Tendered)
CF Dustin Fowler (1-year, $6,800,000)

A few of these guys will be traded before or after they agree to these contracts. How do you tell your fanbase that you're not rebiulding you just have a cheap owner and need to trade a ton of players? Especially considering you sold out every game and still don't have any money...

Oh yeah, and I'm in Win-Now! mode...

November 8th, 2022: It's time to start picking up the phone and making deals as I look to attempt to shave salary, but increase talent. It seems like a really hard thing to do...

I really didn't want to, but I have to trade Tyler Mahle. It sucks, but with a cheap owner, I'm force to do it...

Let's just say the returns are less then inspiring...

It looks impossible right now...

Can't really get anything for Andrelton Simmons now either...

I eventually settled and traded RP Drew Steckenrider to the Mariners for RP Tim Cate. He's also who they offered for Mahle...

Cate is a former 3rd Rounder from 2018 who's rated 3/3.5* as a RP, but can also start in the future. He's got a wicked curveball and is a lefty

November 11th, 2022: Andrelton Simmons won his 8th Gold Glove of his career. But I wanted to trade him... I ended up sending him to LA for my former 1B Evan White. Now I'm just $12,000,000 over budget... White's actually decent, a 2.5/3*, but I don't really need another 1B. It's more about shedding salary then anything.

November 12th, 2022: Boston's Craig Kimbrel and Colorado's Zach Britton won Reliever of the Year. Joe Jimenez finished in 2nd.

I got out of the red by trading SP Tyler Mahle, 2B Luis Puerta, and SP Logan Allen to the Yankees for CL Ben Popkin, SP Luis Adron, 3B Drew Bianco, and SP Tylor Megil. Puerta isn't what he used to be according to my new scout, and Allen is a guy I grabbed on a minor league deal.

It's a pretty good haul coming in on my side. First comes the centerpiece, 23-year-old CL Ben Popkn. Eventually, I'll have to protect the 3/5 from the Rule-5 Draft, but I got a future closer in Popkin. The former 23rd Overall Pick has an insane knuckle curuve and 90 stamina so he can pitch a ton out of the pen.

The 27-year-old Megill is a potential new rotation candidate, who's rated as a 2.5/3 and was 10-9 with a 4.72 ERA In 29 starts. He struck out 154 in 152.2 innings with a 1.33 WHIP. He's got four quality pitches and great control. As of now, he's the #5 starter.

Luis Ardon is a 23-year-old from Puerto Rico and an inriguing SP prospect. He has 3.5 potential and was selected by the Yanks in the 3rd Round of the 2020 draft. He's got four pitches rated above 67 potential and excellent control. He hits 94-96 consistently and can pitch deep in games.

The last piece is 23-year-old Drew Bianco who's rated as a 1.5/3.5, although I might lose him in the Rule-5 Draft. He hasn't been above A Ball, so hopefully other teams avoid the former 24th rounder from 2018. He's got great power, speed, and glove.

Now that my financials are in check, here are my goals: Upgrade in the rotaion, upgrade at SS, upgrade CF. I also will be looking to move either Keston Hiura or Ryan Mountcastle, and possibly Cole Brannen or Dustin Fowler. I also want to move Scott Kingery.

November 13th, 2022: Walker Buehler won his 2nd Platinum Stick. He hit .288/.333/.332 with 9 RBI's.

November 14th, 2022: The Twins 3B Andrew Bechthold and the Cubs SP Jorge Flores won Rookie of the Year.

November 15th, 2022: The Twins skipper Christian Finley and the Braves manager Dave Hengel both won Manager of the Year.

Here's a shocker, CL Craig Kimbrel won Cy Young for the AL, while the Cubs Jorge Flores pulled a Luis Marrero and earned the award as well. Taillon, Montgomery, Buehler, Jimenez finished 4th-5th-6th-7th.

The Mariners traded RHP Beau Burrows to the Red Sox for LF Harrison Bader. Seems like an even enough deal.

November 17th, 2022: Indians SS Francisco Lindor and Phillies RF Bryce Harper won MVP. Joe Jimenez earned 11 points, Taillon 7, and Buehler 2.

November 25th, 2022: Free Agents file tomorrow, and I think I'm just going to have to package players together to upgrade. I doubt I'll be able to sign many free agents, but I have give or take $13,000,000 that I can add to next year's total only. Fan interest is at 100, so I'm hoping I can still sell out with $20 tickets. We had to win, so I will have a really busy, and tough offseason ahead of me.

Here's who is safe:
SP Walker Buehler
SP Jordan Montgomery
SP Jameson Taillon
RP Joe Jimenez
CL Yasukazu Shiotani
1B Seth Beer
2B Brendan Rodgers

That's it...

Expect changes, but I'm hoping I don't go over board...

Oh yeah, and there is absolutely no love for my draft class this year except Joe Kramer. Not much love in the previous year either. Expect a lot of prospects to move with the shift in power. Madison will be here for at least 4 years, and is just 47, so he should be far from retirement...
Old 05-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #174
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Free Agency Pt. 1

November 26th, 2022: Free Agents file today, with the top 10 as follows:

1. LHP Zach Britton
2. RHP Jadel Gustave
3. 3B Manny Machado
4. SS Carlos Correa
5. 2B Trea Turner
6. 26 Chris Taylor
7. RHP Matt Bowman
8. RHP Taijuan Walker
9. RHP Edwin Diaz
10. RHP Carlos Martienz

As usual, don't expect any of these guys to wear a Marlins uniform...

Especially Correa, who wasnt $57,000,000 a yaer...

I did make a few offers to lower level players, but don't expect any giant moves.

December 1st, 2022: The Ryas traded C Shea Langeliers to the Yankees for 1B Kevin Wuasney and RHP Jorge Remon. This looks like a steal for the Yanks...

I made a steal of my own in a swap of 3 CF's: I sent the Phillies Ernesto Arambula and D.J. Wilson in exchanged for former 1st Overall pick Mickey Moniak. The 24-year-old Moniak is rated as a 3.5/4 with great speed, solid defense, and amazing contact. He's a career .268/.351/.362 hitter with 42 steals, 9 homers, and 52 RBI's.

December 4th, 2022: Two majors names signed early in free agency. First, the Giants added 3B Manny Machado. He's under contract for 6-years and a total of $127,000,000. Now 30, he's a career .281/.338/.478 hitter with 288 homers and 880 RBI's with Baltimore and Detroit.

Next, the Padres looked to bolster their lineup for a playoff run, adding SS Carlos Correa to a massive 7-year, $328,000,000 contract with an opt out after year 4, with the first year at $48,500,000 and every other year at $48 million. He's a career .300/.373/.527 hitter with 237 homers and 807 RBI's. The Padres now have a high powered lineup consisting of young 23-year-old stars 2B Xaiver Edwards, 3B Fernando Tatis Jr., and CF Jeison Rosario and the new addition of Correa. They're definitely a team to watch.

Next is my Hall of Fame ballot:
1. CF Carlos Beltran
2. SP Mark Buehrle
3. 1B Jason Giambi
4. SP Tim Hudson
5. CL Joe Nathan
6. CF Juan Pierre
7. CL Francisco Rodriguez
8. SS Jimmy Rollins
9. CL Billy Wagner
10. SS Michael Young

I think this class might not send anyone to Cooperstown, but Wagner definitely deserves it...

December 7th, 2022: I added an arm to my rotation by acquiring RHP Jace Vines from the Royals for RF Brandon Marsh, 2B Jeremy Eierman, and RHP Jairo Solis.

The fan favorite Vines (like Monaik) is rated as a 3.5* and will slot into the #4 spot in the rotation. He can eat innings, and has a great slider, and was under utilized in KC. He appeared in 69 games with just 6 starrts, but had a 2.80 ERA and 1.14 WHIP. He struck out 103 batters in 103 innings and was worth a total of 2.8 wins above reaplcement. The 28-year-old will be unleashed in our rotation, and I expect him to flourish.

This also makes room for the recently acquired Ben Popkin on the 40-man Roster. I didn't have too many more guys to protect, but I wanted to make sure I could either protect or trade 3B Nolan Gorman, so more moves will be made.

December 8th, 2022: The Rangers bolstered their pen by signing RHP Carl Edwards Jr. to a 1-year, $11,100,000 contract. The 31-year-old had 34 saves and a 1.83 ERA for the World Champion Cubs.

December 9th, 2022: To free up room for Gorman, I sent 2B Garrett Hampson to the Mets for CF Christian Franklin.

Franklin, a former 15th rounder from 2018, is rated a 1.5/4 and will be eligible for selection in the Rule-5 draft. He's got elite speed and defense, as well as a solid contact bat. Considering he's never reached AA, I think most teams will pass on him.

December 11th, 2022: The Indians signed SP Taijuan Walker to a 4-year, $13.9 million per year contract. In 248 games (245 starts) he's 89-75 with a 4.25 ERA and 1,160 strikeouts. The last 8 years he's been extremely dependable, 25 or more starts in each season .

December 13th, 2022: Today marks the start of the Winter Meetings.

The openeing salvo was fired when the Red Sox signed RHP Matt Bowman to a 3-year, $47,300,000 contract. They're attempting to pitch him out of the starting rotation, despite the fact he's only had 2 big league starts.

I solved my shortstop issue by sending 1B Keston Hiura, SS Jeremy Arocho, SP Jeremy Kuhlman and RP Joe LaBrie to the Twins for SS Nick Gordon and 100% of his contract covered.

It's a hefty price to pay, but I get an elite defensive shortstop who's a solid hitter with decent speed. He's a career .288/.368/.425 hitter with 31 homers and 226 RBI's in 3+ seasons. My lineup is almost complete, as the only other possible upgrades I can make is C, 3B and RF, although my options there are still quality.

December 14th, 2022: The Nats signed LF Christian Yelich to a 4-year, $47,900,000 contract. Now 31, he's spent 10 years in the bigs with us and Milwaukee. He's a career .284/.363/.450 hitter with 154 homers and 603 RBI's.

The Red Sox signed Cuban Free Agent Alfredo Rivera to a 5-year, $69,900,000 contract. He's no Luis Marrero or Jorge Flores, but he's still a really good pitcher.

Devember 15th, 2022: The Indians sent RHP Connor Van Scoyoc to the Athletics for LHP Carlos Caminero. It's one of those deals that isn't lopsided, but just doesn't make sense.

December 16th, 2022: To finish the Winter Meetings, I sent RP Victor Arano, LF Larry Ernesto, and RF Danny Blair to the Brewers for C Thomas Dillard and SS Juan Sagarra. I was negotiating this one for a while, but finally got a deal I liked.

Starting with Dillard, I get a stud Ctacher who is rated a 3.5/4.5 and I can dump Caratini's salary. The former 2nd Rounder hit .261/.382/.479 in his rookie year, but Milwaukee already has another really good, and former 2nd Rounder, Cal Raleigh, making Dillard expandable.

Segarra, 19, can play all around the diamond, including 2B, 3B, SS, LF, and RF, and has 3* potential. With more expereince, he can become a really good defender at all five of his positions. He strikes out a lot, but he'll record a lot of extra base hits.

The team looks better and better by the day!

December 20th, 2022: Washington sent LF D.J. Peters and RHP Geroge Soriano to the Padres for 2B Ford Proctor. It's a steal for the Nats.

December 21st, 2022: Okay, here's a big one! I sent C Victor Caratini, CF Dustin Fowler, C Zach Humphreys, 3B Jack Filby and RHP Art Warren to the Indians for 3B Jose Ramirez and 2B Eddie Machl.

Yep, Jose Ramirez is still a star, and add the still youthful age of 30, he's a career .294/.352/.501 hitter with 180 homers and 739 RBI's in 1,194 games for the Indians. The switch hitter really completes our lineup and will hit third in a significantly upgraded offense that will hopefully give us a well-rounded team.

Eddie Mancel isn't the greatest prospect ever, but the 21-year-old is still a 3* potential who could develop into a great infielder defensively. He's got a great bat, despite his lack of power, and has a bight future.

Okay, I'm actually confident in our offensive, especially with the addition of Ramirez and a full year of Seth Beer. Ramirez hit .290 with 25 homers and 105 RBI's last year, which is a lot more then most of my guys can say. Even Gordon drove in 79 runs and hit 11 homers while still hitting .304. It took a lot of shuffling, but the offense looks complete. I could use a lefty in the pen, but the roster is shaping out well.

December 24th, 2022: Today marks the Rule-5 Draft!

But first, the Twins singed SS Trea Turner to a 6-year, $19,200,000 per year contract. The former National will move to 2B for the Twins, pushing Royce Lewis to SS as the Twins make up for the trade of Gordon.

I think I found a gem in LF Cole Roederer from the Rays organization. He's rated a 3/4.5 and is an elite defender in LF with elite speed, contact, and eye. He'll function as a great 4th OF. The former 8th Rounder hit .351/.418/.510 in 78 games in AA Montgomery, so he should be ready enough for the Majors.

I also didn't lose anyone, so that's a major plus.

December 27th, 2022: I made three free agent signings of pitchers.

First is LHP Felipe Rivero, who agreed to a 2-year, $7,000,000 cotract, a bargain for someone of his talent. He can hit triple digits with his fastball and has 4 plus pitches.

Next is another lefty and familiar face in Luiz Gohara, who was non-tendered by the Braves. He'll make $1,300,000 this year and will go through arbitration next season. He's got three pitches, including two plus plus pitches in his fastball and curve. He'll most likely serves as a long man out of the pen.

Lastly is a righty from Jacksonville, Florida, Mike Clevinger. He's got a four pitch arsenal and two plus plus pitches in a curve and change. He's generally a starter, and could work himself into the rotation.

This now fills up my 40-Man Roster.

The Atheltics signed Zach Britton to a 3-year, $48,400,000 contract as he finally doesn't have to settle for 1 year deals. The 35-year-old was 7-0 with 35 saves and a 1.43 ERA with the Rockies. This will be his 6th organization in 6 years.

December 28th, 2022: The Red Sox signed Nick Vincent to a 1-year, $4,160,000 contract to bolster their pen. He's bounced around a lot, as Boston marks his 6th organization.

December 31st, 2022: LHP Wandy Peralta agreed to a 1-year, $7,900,000 deal with Atlatnta after spending his major league career with the Reds. He earned 29 saves and was 6-1 with a 3.38 ERA last season.

We'll pick this up next time in 2023!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #175
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Free Agency Pt. 2

January 1st, 2023: The Blue Jays signed RHP Mason McCullugh to a 3-year, $11,840,000 contract. It's an interesting contract, considering he's only appeared in the big leagues in 2021, but he's got killer stuff and is definitely talented.

January 3rd, 2023: The Giants signed Madison Bumgarner to a 5-year, $23,600,000 per year deal. It's a big deal for MadBum who's still recovering from surgery to remove a bone spur. He still looks like a top starter, but it's a big guarantee.

I claimed C C.J. Willis off waivers and sent him down to Greensboro. The former 2018 6th rounder has 2.5* potential and a cannon behind the plate.

January 4th, 2023: The Cubs signed CF Kevin Kiermaier to a 2-year, $7,440,000 contract. The defensive specialist spent a bit more then 9 years with Tampa, hitting .249/.306/.414 with 117 homers and 421 RBI's.

January 5th, 2023: The Yankees traded RHP Zack Littell to the Giants for 3B Kevin Beltre and RF Christian Chamberlian. It's a pretty fair deal.

January 6th, 2023: I claimed SS Jeremiah Jackson off waivers. The former 9th rounder back in 2018 is an elite defensive shortstop with great speed and great plate dicipline. He's rated a 2/3.5 and will be sent down to A+ Jupiter.

January 8th, 2023: The Tigers signed Michael Brantley to a 3-year, $29,100,000 deal. With Cleveland and San Diego, he's a career .291/.355/.430 with 128 homers and 776 RBI's.

January 15th, 2023: The Red Sox sent C Daniel Rosica to the Angels for RHP Griffin Canning. It's a solid deal for both teams, although I like the Angels haul better.

January 17th, 2022: The Blue Jays signed C Gary Sanchez to a 4-year, $83,200,000 contract. It's his first organization outside of New York, and is a career .260/.328/.519 hitter with 211 homers and 566 RBI's.

January 18th, 2023: As expected, no one was elected to the Hall of Fame. The only guy with more then 50% was Carlos Beltran (59.8). A notable dropped player was Jeff Kent in his 10th year.

The Diamondbacks singed RP Alex Colome to a 2-year, $16,400,000 contract. He had a nice year with Boston, 1.97 ERA in 73 innings.

January 21st, 2022: I claimed 3B Roberto Pena off waivers and sent him to Jupiter. The former 4th rounder has a great infield arm and is a solid 3B. He's got a great eye too and is rated at 3* potential.

January 22nd, 2022: The Reds traded 2B Alec Blandino and 2B Luis Angel Santos to the Dodgers for SS Gavin Lux. I like this trade for the Reds.

Oakland sent RHP A.J. Labas to the Orioles for RHP Ariel Jurado. It seems like a steal for Baltimore.

January 23rd, 2022: I claimed 2B Tyler Malone off waivers and sent him to AA Jacksnoville. The former 8th rounder from 2019 is an elite defensive second basemen with solid speed, a great eye, and passable bat.

The Red Sox signed veteran RHP Bryan Shaw to a 1-year, $4,000,000 deal. It's another addition to the Boston pen.

Tomorrow marks the start of the preseason!
Old 05-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #176
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Preseason

January 24th, 2023: Today marks the start of the preseason and my owner reminded me how litle money he gave me to try and win a pennant...

The Blue Jays made a splash and signed SP Carlos Martinez to a 4-year, $86,000,000 contract even after he had a down year. Just 31, Martinez has a ton of talent and he's waiting to put it back together.

The Mariners signed RHP Tony Zych to a 3-year, $25,500,000 contract. He's saved 33 games last year and 32 the year before for the Angels.

I placed Tanner Rainey on the 60-Day DL to free up a 40-man spot.

January 28th, 2023: I sent RF Cole Brannen and 3B Josh Smith to the Angels for RF/P Shoehi Ohtani.

In this world, Ohtani is a much better hitter then pitcher, ranked 3.5 as opposed to just 2, but he's still turned in a solid career. And the Angels covered all of his salary, which is an added plus. He's got 83 power, which has translated to 74 homers and 208 RBI's and a .249/.318/.461 batting line. He's pitched to a 32-46 record with a 4.52 ERA and 1.39 WHIP, but he's not going to start for us. Our 5 are much better then him, but he can get the occasoinal spot start or relief outing. It's hard to give up Brannen, but he's fragile and he's just not the same player he used to be, and to get someone special like Ohtnai is too good to pass up.

February 2nd, 2023: The Red Sox signed 1B Neil Walker to a 3-year, $29,400,000 contract. Now primarily a 1B at 37, Walker is still a solid hitter as he slugged 29 homers and 72 RBI's to go with a .269/.337/.472 batting line with the Yanks last season.

February 5th, 2023: The Reds traded LF Stuart Fairchild to the Tigers for RHP Andrew Owen. It's an interesting trade, and I'm not sure which team got the better end of the trade.

February 10th, 2023: The Royals sent LF Steele Walker and RHP Zach Pettway to Milwaukee for RHP Corbin Burnes. I like this trade for KC.

February 14th, 2023: Tanner Rainey suffered a setback and will miss another 7 weeks. He's dropped a ton, and I'm hoping I can find a trade partner for him.

February 18th, 2023: The Padres traded RHP Chris Paddack to the Giants for 1B Jorge Medeles. Not sure what the Padres were thinking here...

February 25th, 2023: I made a big deal the day before Spring Training, sending 1B Evan White, C C.J. Willis, and 2B Andrew Vaughn to the Mariners for CL James Pazos. I could've sent just White, but with the other two added they ate his whole contract.

Pazos is a 4.5* with killer stuff, including a plus plus fastball and slider. He also has a decent change, and keeps the ball on the ground. He's got a career 3.10 ERA and 1.23 WHIP, and will make a great lefty-righty tandom with Joe Jimenez to set up Yasukazu Shiotani.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #177
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
Spring Training

February 26th, 2023: Spring Training starts today, so I added a bunch of non-roster invitees.

February 27th, 2023: Busy day today, starting with a 1-year, $2,200,000 contract for the Cubs to sign Phil Maton. The RHP has spent his whole career with San Diego and saved 43 games back in 2020.

Rex Brothers inked a 1-year, $2,720,000 contract with the Rangers. Now 35, the lefty has bounced around a lot and now joins his 6th big league organization.

The Mariners signed 1B Paul Goldschmdit to a 3-year, $21,200,000 contract. He wasn't Arizona level Goldy in Toronto, but will hope to bounce back with Seattle.

March 1st, 2023: The Blue Jays resigend Rndal Grichuk to a 1-year, $4,520,000 contract. He didn't get what he wanted in Free Agency, so he went back to the team he's spent the past 5 seasons with.

March 3rd, 2023: Jacob Lindgren is forced to retire after tearing his labrum. He's dealt with a lot of major arm injuries, and eventually decided to hand it up. I definitely can relate...

March 4th, 2023: And I got some devestating news, James Pazos is out for 14 months with a torn rotator cuff. I just traded three guys for him...

March 5th, 2023: The Braves will be without Kolby Allard for the year with a torn rotator cuff.

March 13th, 2023: Another big arm injury, as I basically wasted $1.6 million signing Mike Clevinger, as he ruptrued his unlar collateral ligament and will miss the rest of the year. I'm scared that all my new players are getting injured already...

The Royals signed RHP Juan Nicasio and plan on using him to close games. He's on a bargain deal, just $1.96 million, and will return to the team he played with, and struggled with, in 2021.

March 15th, 2023: The Blue Jays lost RF Nelson Velasquez to a broken bone in his elbow, and will miss the rest of the year. He hit .249 with 6 hoemrs and 25 RBI's in his rookie season.

Atlanta signed former Marlin Kyle Barraclough to a 1-year, $2,040,000 contract. He saved 24 games back in 2021 with the Twins.

March 23rd, 2023: The Astros acquired 2B Kevin Newman from the Reds for RHP Tyler Ivey. Again, not much understanding in the interest for Newman, but Ivey is definitely better.

March 26th, 2023: The Astros signed RHP Corey Knebel to a 1-year, $7.3 million contract. He saved 21 games last year with the Giants, and have saved 20 or more games since 2017 with the Brewers.

March 28th, 2023: Another major injury, as I'll be without the projected starting CF Mickey Moniak for 2 months with a hamstring strain. I'm running out of players...

The Cubs signed RHP Michael Feliz to a 1-year, $7.3 million deal to become their new closer. He's recorded 20 or more saves the past 4 years.

March 30th, 2023: Another huge injury, as the young Michael Kopech's career ends today with a torn labrum. He never really lived up to the hype, but was at least semi passable in 2021, and solid in 2020.

April 1st, 2023: Tomorrow is Opening Day, and my roster is all set and ready to go:

SP Walker Buehler (4/4)
SP Jordan Montgomery (3.5/3.5)
SP A.J. Puckett (3/3)
SP Jameson Taillon (3.5/3.5)
SP Jace Vines (3.5/3.5)
RP Edward Cabrera (2.5/3)
RP Koda Glover (3.5/3.5)
RP Luiz Gohara (3/3)
RP Tyler Jay (3/3.5)
RP Joe Jimenez (3.5/3.5)
RP Max Povse (2.5/2.5)
RP Felipe Rivero (3.5/3.5)
CL Yasukazu Shiotani (5/5)
C Thomas Dillard (4.5/5)
C Nick Feight (1.5/2)
1B Seth Beer (3.5/4)
1B Ryan Mountcastle (2.5/2.5)
2B Scott Kingery (3/3)
2B Brendan Rodgers (4.5/4.5)
3B Jose Ramirez (3.5/3.5)
SS Nick Gordon (4/4)
LF Lewis Brinson (3/3)
LF Cole Roederer (3/4)
LF Adam Haseley (3/3)
RF Shoehi Ohtani (4/4)

Lot of new faces, but hopefully a title contendor and possibly winner. It's not perfect, but it does look solid all around. Of course, there is always room for improvement, and of course, injuries lurk, but I like what I have.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:18 AM   #178
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
April 2nd-April 9th

April 2nd, 2023: Happy Opening Day! The wonderful day that signals that baseball is back, top prospect lists are published, and a million players are placed on waivers!

That, and four relief pitchers signed new contracts:

The Padres added RHP Dellin Betances to a 1-year, $6.1 million dollar deal. He's spent 2006-2022 pitching in the Yankees organization.

The Mets signedl RHP Trecor Rosenthal to a 1-year, $3,080,000 contract to use as their closer. He hasn't recorded more then 15 saves since 2015.

The Royals added former Indian Nick Goody to their pen on a 1-year, $2,720,000 contract. He was 2-4 with 32 saves and a 3.38 ERA last year.

And lastly, the Braves signed RHP Chad Green to a 1-year, $5,200,000 contract to be their new closer. After spending his big league career in New York, he's headed to the National League for the first time.

Looking towards the top prospects, former 2020 2nd Rounder Jeremy Hynek of the Twins is rated the #1 prospect in baseball, and it's hard to disagree. He's a 3.5/5, and will pitch out of the Twins rotation.

The Orioles are rated the #1 system, with 152 points and lead by #3 prospect CF Mike Verbeck, a 2.5/5, who was selected 2nd overall in 2020.

We're ranled 18th, with two top 100 prospects: LF Juan Ramirez (28) and SP Josh Weske (44). We have two more in the top 200, SP Mike Seals (124) and 2B Reizo Honda (192). Seals is interesting, since he was our 7th rounder last year. Cole Roederer, our Rule-5 pick is ranked 6th in the orgnaization.

The season starts tomorrow in Philadelphia, before an off day and t hen two more. We're looking at Sixton Sanchez, Adbert Alzolay, and Marcos Molina to start of the year. Let's hope for wins!

April 3rd, 2023: Tanner Rainey will begin rehab in AAA today.

On to baseball, as Jameson Taillon and Sixto Sanchez duel in the opener at Citizens Bank Park. Our opening day lineup is as follows: LF Roederer, SS Gordon, 1B Beer, RF Ohtani, C Dillard, 3B Ramirez, 2B Rodgers, CF Brinson, P Taillon. It's a winning line up for sure! And with a bunch of late game heroics on both sides, we edged the Philes 6-5 in the opener, scoring 2 in the top of the 9th and allowing 3 in the bottom.

Taillon had a shaky start and lasted just 5 innings. He allowed 5 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and struck out just 2. Koda Glover, Luiz Gohara, Felipe Rivero, and Joe Jimenez all earned holds to set up Yasukazu Shiotani. He, however, allowed 3 runs off 4 hits, a walk, and struck out 2 before leaving with 2 outs in the 9th. Tyler Jay got the final out, and earned the save.

We hit, which was a surprise. Cole Roederer got his first big league hit in the 9th, a double that he eventually scored on. Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer. Jose Ramirez was 2-for-4 with 2 RBI's. Taillon himself was 2-for-2. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Nick Gordon was 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored. Lastly, Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a walk, run scored, and 2 RBI's.

We got tomorrow off to rest:

April 4th, 2023: Nothing to report, as most teams had off as well...

April 5th, 2023: Walker Buehler faced Adbert Alzolay as we looked to win our first series a game early. I need to get used to this thing called runs, as we scored 9 in a 9-3 win.

Buehler went 6.1 innings, allowing 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Luiz Gohara and Felipe Rivero got holds, but we scored 3 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th. Joe Jimenez pitched the last 2 innings, striking out 3 with a walk and 2 hits.

Thomas Dillard was 3-for-5 and slugged a solo homer and 2-run shot. Seth Beer was 3-for-5 with 2 doubles and an RBI. Cole Roederer was 2-for-5 with a double, run scored, and RBI.

April 6th, 2023: We looked to finish the road sweep with Jace Vines making his Marlins debut against Marcos Molina. Another offensive explosion as we finished the sweep with an 11-1 win.

Vines had an excellent debut, 6 innings with 5 hits, a run, a wlak, and 4 strikeouts. Max Povse earned a 3 inning save, with a walk and 4 strikeouts.

Seth Beer was 3-for-5 with a double, homer, a hit by pitch, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI's. Brendan Rodgers was 3-for-5 with 3 RBI's, a run scored, a double, and a homer. NicK Feight was 1-for-2 with a pinch hit solo homer. Scott Kingery came off the bench and was 2-for-2 with a run scored. He's functioning n a super utility role this year. Cole Roederer was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored.

Can we sustain the hot start on the road? We've got three more on the road with the Nationals, who we couldn't seam to beat last year. We'd see Steven Brualt, Breiling Eusebio, and Sonny Warner (0-0, 12.00 ERA). Warner really was a thorn in our side last year...

April 7th, 2923: Jordan Montgomery made his first start of the season in what might be his last year as a Marlin, with Free Agency hitting at years' end. His opponent: fellow lefty Steven Brault. And let's just say the Nationals lineup isn't very scary... They managed 6 runs, but we piled up 19 hits and 11 runs. I think we've scored more in these first four games then all of last year...

Only problem is Nick Gordon was hurt running the bases...

Montgomery wasn't his self, 4.2 innings with 10 hits, 6 runs (5 earned), 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Edward Cabrera finished the 5th to get the win, and Koda Glover earned a hold before we exploded with more runs.

The longball was key, as we hit 6 homers. Shoehi Ohtani was 3-for-5 with a pair of homers, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI's. Dillard also had a pair, 3-for-4 with 2 runs, 4 RBI's, and was hit by a pitch. Roederer was 2-for-5 with his first career homer, a solo shot off former Marlin Nick Rumbelow. Seth Beer had the last homer, as well as two doubles and a hit by pitch, in 5 plate apperarences with 3 runs scored. Brendon Rodgers was 2-for-5 with 2 doubles and an RBI. Lewis Brinson was 2-for-5 with a double and run scored. Jose Ramirez was 2-for-5 with a double. Wow, this is what it feels like to score!

Former Marlin C J.T. Realmuto hit for the cycle as the Astros crushed the Angels 17-1.

April 8th, 2023: We lucked out, as Gordon just has knee tendenitis, and should only be hindered for 2 games counting today. I gave him the day off as A.J. Puckett dueled Breiling Estrada as we both cycled through are rotation. Seth Beer is opening the day with a .611 average. The Nats scored 5 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd, and it was enough for a 7-6 win.

Puck stuggled, 7 runs and 9 hits in 2.1 innings with just a single walk and strikeout. Edward Cabrera was strong in mop up, 3.2 innings with 2 hits and 4 strikeouts.

Seth Beer stayed hot,and was 2-for-3 with his 6th double and 2 walks to go with a run scored. He's hitting an unreal .619/.692/1.190 that is bound for regression of course, but fun while it lasts. Shoehi Ohtani and Lewis Brinson were both 2-for-4 with a solo homer and 2 runs scored. Jose Ramirez was 3-for-5 with a three run homer in the 8th.

Justin Upton recorded hit #2,000 in an 11-3 loss to the Astros. Now 35, the Angels RF has hit .261/.339/.476 in 2,111 games with 392 homers and 1,171 RBI's with Arizona, San Diego, Detroit, and the Angels. I totally forgot Upton played for the Padres.

April 9th, 2023: We looked to win our 2nd straight series with Jameson Taillon (1-0, 3.60 ERA, 1.60 WHIP) battling Sonny Warner (0-0, 12.00 ERA, 2.00 WHIP) with Nick Gordon back in the lineup at SS. We couldn't score today, and were shut out5-0. We can't beat those darn Nats...

Warner tossed a 2-hitter and struck out 9, and always seem to pitch like the star he should against us.

Taillon, however, allowed 7 hits and 4 runs in 3 innings with 5 strikeouts and a walk. Tyler Jay allowed a run in 2 innings, and he's now given up a quarter of the runs he did last year (1 of 4). Ironically, the only two players with hits were on the team last year. Both Lewis Brinson and Ryan Mountcastle were 1-for-3. Thomas Dillard was hit by a pitch and Tyler Jay did have a sacrafice bunt.

Koda Glover has some back tightness, but he's just going to be DTD for 6 days.

At 4-2, we sit tied with New York for 1st place. We're headed home to face the 3-3 Braves for three before an off day. We'd see Lucas Sims (1-0, 1.80 ERA), Joey Wentz (0-1, 3.86 ERA), and Patrick Weigel (0-1, 18.00 ERA) as we look to show the home fans what we're made of!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #179
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
April 10th-April 16th

April 10th, 2023: Talk about starting your season off right: Seth Beer was named Player of the Week. Technically still a rookie despite playing in the previoius two campaigns, the early favorite for Rookie of the Year hit .619 with 2 homers and 7 RBI's.

We're also ranked 10th in the Power Rankings, which is a but lower then I would have expected.

Walker Buehler (1-0, 4.26 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) got the ball in the sold out home opener against Diego Blanco, who is making his major league debut. Let's just say the Braves lineup isn't as scary as it's looked in the past. We held them to just 3 hits and edged a 1-0 shutout victory in front of a crazy home crowd.

Buehler was brillinat, 10 strikeouts in 7 innings with just 2 hits and a walk. Felipe Rivero earned a hold and Yasukazu Shoitani earned his first save of the year.

Here's a funny one: our only run came on a Walker Buehler RBI single. Seth Beer was an absolute monster again, 3-for-3 with 2 doubles and a walk. Scott Kingery was 1-for-3 with a double and hit by pitch.

Jake Bauers was 5-for-5 in a 8-2 Rays win over the Tigers.

April 11th, 2023: Game two saw Jace Vines (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 1.00 WHIP) duel Lucas Sims (1-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.00 WHIP). Another strong pitching outing from the staff lead to a 4-1 win.

Vines went just 5, with 5 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts in a no decision. Luiz Gohara earned the win, with a walk and strike out to finish the 7th. Edward Cabrera earened a hold and Shiotani got another save.

Cole Roederer was 3-for-5 with a double and an RBI. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with a double. Adam Haseley was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks and runs scored.

April 12th, 2023: We looked to earn the home sweep in a southpaw duel between Jordan Montgomery (0-0, 9.64 ERA, 2.57 WHIP) and Joey Wentz (0-1, 3.86 ERA, 1.00 WHIP). In another brillinat pitching outing, we shut the Braves out 4-0 to complete the sweep.

Montgomery was great, 6 innings with 5 hits, a walk, and 6 strikeouts. Tyler Jay pitched the 7th and earned a hold, and Yasukazu Shiotani got the final 2 outs of the 9th to earn his 3rd save in as many days.

Seth Beer was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI. Cole Reoderer was 2-for-3 with a walk and 2 runs scored. Jose Ramirez was 1-for-3 with a walk and RBI.

Tomorrow was an off day, before the Mets would come to town for three. They're 1 game behind us at 6-3.

April 13th, 2023: Luis Arraez was 5-for-5 in a 13-2 Mariners win over the Angels. He's the definition of a rebuilding filler player, but is having a strong start to his season.

We got to relax at home for an off day before welcoming the Mets. We'd see Michael Wacha (0-0, 5.40 ERA), our good friend Luis Marrero (1-1, 1.59 ERA), and Noah Syndergaard (0-1, 5.91 ERA) in a tough divisional matchup.

April 14th, 2023: We welcomed the team that kicked us out of the playoffs and Michael Wacha (0-0, 5.40 ERA, 2.00 WHIP) to a sold out Marlins Park. A.J. Puckett (0-1, 27.00 ERA, 4.29 WHIP) looked to bounce back after a tough start in his first game of the season. He bounced back, although we tried to blow the game with 3 in the 7th. Luckily, we managed 2 in the 8th to take the opener 6-4.

Puckett was great, just 1 run off 4 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings. He struck out 5 hitters as well. Felipe Rivero blew the save, allowing 2 runs off 3 hits in an inning to go with a strikeout. Luiz Gohara started the 7th, and allowed a hit before being pulled for Rivero. Joe Jimenez got the win with a perfect 8th and Koda Glover earned a save with a perfect 9th.

Thomas Dillard was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks and runs scored, along with his 5th homer of the year. Seth Beer was 2-for-4 with a double and 2 runs scored. Jose Ramirex was 3-for-4 with a double and 4 RBI's. Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-3 with 2 runs scored, an RBI, a sac fly, and 2 doubles.

April 15th, 2023: Game two saw Luis Marrero (1-1, 1.59 ERA, 0.79 WHIP) and Jameson Taillon (1-1, 6.75 ERA, 2.00 WHIP) go at it. Ryan Mountcastle got the start at 3B, especially considering he's 9-for-12 with a homer against Marrero. Rodgers is 5-for-12 with a homer as well. We got on Marrero early with 3 runs in the 3rd and he left after just 4. 3 more in the 5th and 4 in the 6th helped propel the offense to a 10-3 win.

Taillon pitched well enough, 5.1 innings with 5 hits, 3 runs, a walk, and 3 strikeouts. Tyler Jay finished the 6th to earn the hold, and Max Povse finished the game to earn his 2nd 3 inning save. He struck out 4 and allowed just 1 hit.

Thomas Dillard had another amazing game, going 3-for-5 with 2 runs scored, 4 RBI's, a homer, and a double. The catcher has really blossomed in Miami, hitting .368 with 6 homers and 14 RBI's. Lewis Brinson had a great game as well, 4-for-5 with 2 runs scored, and RBI, a triple, and a double. Nick Gordon was 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI's, and a double. Brendan Rodgers was 1-for-4 with a 2 run homer, although it was off Chris Sale, not Marrero.

Cody Bellinger hit his 300th career homer in a 8-5 win over the Giants. The Dodgers slugger is just 27 years old, and has hit over 55 homers three times in his career (57, 62, 58). He's never slugged less then 34, and that number came in his 2nd season in 2018.

April 16th, 2023: We looked to finish the sweep with Walker Buehler (2-0, 2.02 ERA, 0.75 WHIP) taking on Noah Syndergaard (0-1, 5.91 ERA, 1.88 WHIP). Buehler has really had trouble with 1B Domonic Smith, who's hitting .412 with 2 homers against him in 17 at bats. Smith was a non-factor, as we crusied to a 6-1 win to start the homestand a perfect 6-0.

Buehler was as great as ever, 6 strong innings with just 6 hits, a run, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts. Luiz Gohara and Joe Jimene earned holds, before Edward Cabrera struck out the side in the 9th with a 5 run lead.

Cole Roederer got his first career steal in a 3-for-4 game with a run scored. The Rule-5 Pick is hitting .372 out of the lead off spot, and has already provided big returns. Nick Gordon drove in three with a pair of doubles in 4 trips to the plate with a run scored as well. Brendan Rodgers was 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a double of his own. Thomas Dillard was 2-for-4 with an RBI and a steal of his own.

We've really came out of the gates hot, winning 10 of 12 and we'll finish out homestand with three games against the Phillies. They've started off 5-7 and we've already swept them in Philly to start the year. We'll see Marcos Molina (0-1, 7.88 ERA), JoJo Romero (0-1, 5.79 ERA), and Daniel Camarena (2-0, 1.42 ERA).

Just an interesting thing to note: We're ranked 1st in average, OBP, slugging, OPS, and hits, as well as 2nd in extra base hits and 3rd in strikeouts. We're actually hitting this year and ironically, our lowest ranked stats are steals and walks, two things we've done well in the past. The pitching hasn't bee perfect, but we are still 1st in ERA and pen ERA, as well as runs allowed and walks. Out Starters' ERA is a high 4.02 which leaves us in 7th, but the pen ERA is 1.45.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #180
ayaghmour2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 11x in 9 posts
April 17th-April 23rd

April 17th, 2023: We're up all the way to first in the Power Rankings after a perfect week!

We look to win our 7th in a row, as Jace Vines (1-0, 1.64 ERA, 1.18 WHIP) takes on Marcos Molina (0-1, 7.88 ERA, 2.00 WHIP) and the Phillies. We've already beat Molina and Vines' only win is against the Phillies. The result wasn't exactly the same, but we still came away with a 10-4 victory.

Vines had a rough outing, allowing 10 hits in 4.1 innings with 3 runs, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts. Max Povse got the win, tossing 1.2 innings with 3 hits, a run, and a strikeout. Luiz Gohara got an inning of work and earned a hold before we scored a few late inning runs. Felipe Rivero finished the last 2 innings, striking out 5 and allowing 2 hits.

Brendan Rogers was 2-for-5 with a double, 2 run homer and 2 total runs scored. Shoehi Ohrani was 2-for-3 with 3 RBI's and a pair of doubles and walks. Cole Roederer was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored, a walk, a steal, a double, and an RBI. Jose Ramirez was 2-for-5 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI's.

Up in Baltimore, Bennie Vogl was 5-for-5 in a 15-2 domination of the Yankees. The former 5th Overall pick is a star at just 22, and the O's laughed off an offer I made for him in the offseason.

April 18th, 2023: Jordan Montgomery (1-0, 4.22 ERA, 1.69 WHIP) took on JoJo Romero (0-1, 5.79 ERA, 1.71 WHIP) as we looked to stay hot. All systems were go, and we took the series a day early with a 9-2 win.

Montgomery went 7 innings, allowing a single run and walk, with 6 hits and 5 strikeouts. He was a force with the bat as well, driving in 2 on a double with two outs in the fourth. Edward Cabrera piched the 8th, and allowed the last run with 2 hits, a walk, and a strikeout.

Adam Haseley went deep against his former team, and was 2-for-4 with 2 runs, 2 RBI's, a steal, and a walk. Thomas Dillard was a perfect 3-for-3 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI's, a double, and 2 walks. Shohei Ohtani was 2-for-4 with a pair of runs scored.

April 19th, 2023: Rays lefty Bob Cox tore his rotator cuff, and decided to call it a career. A former 17th Rounder from Cleveland, it's his 16th total injury since 2019, with three of them lasting multiple months and a few more spanning more then a few weeks. All with Tampa, he was 6-5 in 91 games (3 starts) with a 3.94 ERA and 1.15 WHIP.

We looked to pull of the sweep and finish our homestand a perfect 9-0 with A.J. Puckett (0-1, 8.64 ERA, 1.92 WHIP) taking on Daniel Camrena (2-0, 1.42 ERA, 0.87 WHIP). Puck will have to watch out for Bryce Harper, who's hit .429 off him in 14 at bats. We capped off a perfect homestand with 9-5, and I'm honestly scared of our offense, and finally in a good way.

Puck had another rough outing, and I may have to look for a different option for the rotation. He allowed 11 hits and 5 runs in 4.2 innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts. Povse finished thee 5th and got the win. Koda Glover tossed 2 innings, allowed 2 hits, and struck out 2 while earning a hold, before we tacked on insurance runs.

Thomas Dillard's average dropped to .400, but he hit a 2 run homer to give him his 7th on the year. Cole Roederer was 2-for-5 with a steal and run scored. Shohei Ohtani was 2-for-5 with a run and a base clearing double. Jose Ramirexz was 2-for-4 with a run and RBI. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-3 with a walk and 2 runs scored.

Wow! We're 13-2 and so hot that I feel liek a genius for all the moves I made. We're off to St. Louis for four against the ice cold 4-10 Cardinals. We'll see Ricardo Sanchez (0-2, 8.22 ERA), Alex Reyes (0-0, 2.89 ERA), Chris Archer (1-1, 3.94 ERA), and Slade Cecconi (1-2, 7.62 ERA). I'm hopinh we don't melt the Cards...

April 20th, 2023: A pair of relievers inked contracts, starting with the Brewers signing CL Jandel Gustave. He's spent just 1 season as a full time close rin 2021, where he saved 41 games for Houston with a 1.97 ERA. He'll make $28,800,000 just for this season.

The Rangers signed Japanese lefty Sanshiro Onuma to a 1-year, $3,520,000 deal. The 28-year-old didn't get the market he anticipated when leaving the Nippon Professional League, but eventually got the big league contract he sought.

Jameson Taillon (2-1, 6.07 ERA, 1.65 WHIP) opened the series in Busch Stadium against Ricardo Sanchez (0-2, 8.22 ERA, 1.70 WHIP). The pitching was great as we came away with a 5-1 win.

Taillon was brilliant, 6 shutout with 5 hits, a walk, and 5 strikeouts. Felipe Rivero earned a hold, despite allowing 2 hits, a walk, and a run with 2 K's in the 7th. Again, we scored late, to render the save unnecessary.

Today was a mini-home run derby, with all 5 runs coming via the longball. Jose Ramirez and Seth Beer were both 1-for-4 with a 2 run homers. Brendan Rodgers was 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a solo homer. Nick Gordon was 1-for-3 with a walk and run scored.

April 21st, 2023: We looked to stretch the win streak to 11 with Walker Buehler (3-0, 1.86 ERA, 0.93 WHIP) taking on Alex Reyes (0-0, 2.89 ERA, 1.50 WHIP). All good things must come to an end, as despite 2 in the 8th and 9th, we lost in 10 innings 8-7.

Buehler had a rare bad start, 7 hits and 4 runs in 5.1 innings. He did strike out 8 and walk just 1, but it wasn't his usual start. Koda Glover struggled as well, 3 runs off 2 hits and a walk in te 7th and he got only one out. Edward Cabrera got the loss, allowing a homer to Yonder Alonso on a 1-0 count to start the 10th.

Thomas Dillard continued a great start to the season, going 4-for-5 with 2 runs and 2 RBI's, and needed just a triple for the cycle. He's hitting .426 with 8 homers and 22 RBI's to start the year. Ohtani was 2-for-4 with 3 runs scored and a solo homer. Jose Ramirez was 2-for-4 with a run scored, 3 RBI's, a walk, and 3 RBI's.

I earned the achievemnt "On A Roll" for my now ended 10 game win streak.

April 22nd, 2023: We were back at it today, with Jace Vines (1-0, 2.93 ERA, 1.63 WHIP) facing Chris Archer (1-1, 3.94 ERA, 1.13 WHIP). The Cardinals got the best of us again, this time 5-4.

Vines allowed 5 off just 3 hits in 4 innings with 5 walks and 4 strikeouts. The rest of the pen combined for 4 innings, 4 hits, and 2 strikeouts.

Lewis Brinson was 2-for-4 with an RBI double off Archer in the 2nd. He's had a nice bounce back sesaon, as he's raised his average to .339. Jose Ramirex was 1-for-3 with a double, walk, and 2 runs scored.

April 23rd, 2023: I accidentally simmed today, and we lost again, 5-4, so I don't know why we had trouble with the Cardinals.

Montgomery allowed 3 in 6.2 off 8 hits with a walk and 3 strikeouts. Tyler Jay allwoed a run in the 8th, despite striking out the side. Max Povse got the loss, allowing 3 hits and a run without getting an out.

Shoehi Ohtani was 2-for-3 with 2 runs, 3 RBI's, a sac fly and a homer. Jose Ramirez was 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles, a walk, and an RBI. Nick Gordon was 2-for-4 with a double.

Well, that was a shock, but we're still 14-5 and 3.5 games above the 2nd place Mets. We're off to Cleveland for two before we finish our road trip with a day off. We'll see Jhon Vergara (0-3, 6.59 ERA) and Sean Hjelle (0-0, 3.18 ERA).