Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #41
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 6,403x in 3,136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
I was just looking at your team and you have the best batting average in your league AND the number 2 bullpen era!!! Your bullpen turned it around for sure. Nice!
Who did you kick out of your rotation to make room for Maddux?
Cy Blanton has been struggling in July, so he went to the reserve roster for the next 14 days. I plan to just keep benching the recently cold guy for now and use 6 starters for 5 spots. Eventually I might put the odd guy in the bullpen and keep Dierker in reserve, but not this year.

I also picked up the 86 Mariano Rivera to replace Willie Hernandez in the bullpen. Now I have no lefties in the pen so we'll see how that goes.

Perfect Team: False Killer Whale League (Perfect League with voluntary OVR cap)

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #42
gemini615
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 111x in 79 posts
I like that strategy until the end of the season. Just be careful with the 14 day rule come closer to the playoffs. A few seasons ago I timed something wrong and one of my players missed the first series. Maybe you could bury the cold guy in your bullpen instead?
Regardless, I think your team matches up well with all the other leaders. Sisler is still looking good plus you have Maddux now. It should be an entertaining stretch run.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #43
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like that strategy until the end of the season. Just be careful with the 14 day rule come closer to the playoffs.
Yes, I need to be careful on Saturday.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Old 01-17-2019, 08:46 PM   #44
gemini615
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 111x in 79 posts
Maddux went 6 with 5 k's and no walks. Not bad for his first start.
Let me know when Maddux throws a Maddux lol
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (01-17-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #45
gemini615
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 111x in 79 posts
Nice Orcin!
Attached Images
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #46
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My team had a great day yesterday and lead the division by 11 games, so Sisler is now a legitimate MVP candidate. I am daydreaming about the pile of points that I could get for a triple crown and MVP, but Holliston's Mays (HR), Nepal's Martinez (RBI), and Nashville's Collins (BA) are all close. Sisler might lead all three and he might lead none.

The Indians look to be headed for relegation unless they can put together a strong finish. You have a good roster and I think you belong up here. I expect that you will bounce back.

Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #47
gemini615
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 111x in 79 posts
Your team has been really clicking since ending that losing streak. I like your chances going forward. How have you fared against the other first place teams this season?

Honestly, I don't mind getting relegated. I'm just here to have fun with the game
Thank you for this post:
Zorro (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #48
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How have you fared against the other first place teams this season?
I am basically .500 against the whole league except Regina (9-0), Nashville (9-3) and Nepal (9-3). We are 27-6 against those three teams and 42-50 against everyone else. That's odd.

2 thanks for this post:
gemini615 (01-18-2019), Zorro (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #49
Zorro
All Star Starter

Thanked 842x in 608 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
My team had a great day yesterday and lead the division by 11 games, .
Good job my friend. Don’t let up. Put them away...😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
gemini615 (01-18-2019), Orcin (01-18-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #50
BranchRicky22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 18x in 9 posts
Tearing Down and Rebuilding the Nashville Expos

As soon as either the season ends or my team is eliminated from playoff contention...the Expos will be dismantled for a rebuild.

Any recommendations on what I should morph this team into?

Strongly leaning toward Defensive - Contact.
BranchRicky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #51
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranchRicky22 View Post
As soon as either the season ends or my team is eliminated from playoff contention...the Expos will be dismantled for a rebuild.

Any recommendations on what I should morph this team into?

Strongly leaning toward Defensive - Contact.
You already have some good players to build a contact-oriented offense around (Collins, Boggs, Jackson, Musial, Palmeiro, Soto), so that makes sense to me. You have to decide what players to sacrifice from the offense to add defense - Larkin might be a guy to replace with a defense SS like Smith or Simmons. I like Kendall but a super-defense backup C like Sundberg might be a good idea.

You could upgrade your pitching too - not that it is bad but you could probably do better than Daal in the rotation and add a top closer like Treinen to push everyone in the bullpen back a step. Barker just had an off year - he should bounce back.

Thank you for this post:
BranchRicky22 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #52
BranchRicky22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 18x in 9 posts
Quote:
You already have some good players to build a contact-oriented offense around (Collins, Boggs, Jackson, Musial, Palmeiro, Soto), so that makes sense to me. You have to decide what players to sacrifice from the offense to add defense - Larkin might be a guy to replace with a defense SS like Smith or Simmons. I like Kendall but a super-defense backup C like Sundberg might be a good idea.

You could upgrade your pitching too - not that it is bad but you could probably do better than Daal in the rotation and add a top closer like Treinen to push everyone in the bullpen back a step. Barker just had an off year - he should bounce back.

You are a Saint Orcin! Hope your other teams are doing well.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:30 PM   #53
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranchRicky22 View Post
You are a Saint Orcin! Hope your other teams are doing well.
There are many that would argue against sainthood, but thanks!

You have a lot of good LH hitters, but you might also want to think about getting a RH hitter or two in the contact mix to go with Cain and Kendall. Maybe a RH 1B/3B guy like Molitor to platoon with whichever LH guy is cold at the moment, or a RH platoon corner OF that could spell either guy.

Edit: I see you have George Kell. He could train to play 1B as a backup (even though he is pretty short) and be a pretty good fit off the bench instead of Tex.

Last edited by Orcin; 01-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Thank you for this post:
BranchRicky22 (01-21-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #54
BranchRicky22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 18x in 9 posts
Quote:
There are many that would argue against sainthood, but thanks!

You have a lot of good LH hitters, but you might also want to think about getting a RH hitter or two in the contact mix to go with Cain and Kendall. Maybe a RH 1B/3B guy like Molitor to platoon with whichever LH guy is cold at the moment, or a RH platoon corner OF that could spell either guy.

Edit: I see you have George Kell. He could train to play 1B as a backup (even though he is pretty short) and be a pretty good fit off the bench instead of Tex.

Just looked at how poorly I've been doing against LHP. Moved Kell and Medwick into lineups and shifted some things around. This team somehow made it all the way up to Perfect in the least amount of time with Silvers and Golds. I'm going to maintain the team with only Silvers and Golds going forward. There are a few cards out (Gold and Silver) that play way beyond their value.
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #55
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Branch, take a look at Chris Colabello. He is a versatile silver that bats right and might help your bench.

Thank you for this post:
BranchRicky22 (01-21-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:03 PM   #56
gemini615
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 111x in 79 posts
I was looking at the stats for some of the players on the leaderboard and I don't see any obvious mvp's except for Sisler. I was pulling for you to get the triple crown but I think Collins is going to get the batting title.
Anyways, good luck in the playoffs! I'm playing vicariously through you and the Colonels the rest of the way lol
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #57
daves
All Star Starter

Thanked 215x in 156 posts
I was in a 24 team structure before and it was confusing. Top 4 teams in each league played a one game playoff to get to the LCS. So if you are a playoff team prepare to get your ACE to start in the one game playoff whether your in 1st or a WC.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #58
gemini615
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 111x in 79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I was in a 24 team structure before and it was confusing. Top 4 teams in each league played a one game playoff to get to the LCS. So if you are a playoff team prepare to get your ACE to start in the one game playoff whether your in 1st or a WC.
Daves, so you're saying there's no divisional series at all? Just a one game wildcard for the top 4 teams? yikes
Old 01-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #59
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the tip, daves. I am ready for whatever comes.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #60
daves
All Star Starter

Thanked 215x in 156 posts
Quote:
Daves, so you're saying there's no divisional series at all? Just a one game wildcard for the top 4 teams? yikes
The division series was a one game series. That is what happened to me with one of my teams. These setups are confusing and I might be wrong, but best prepared just in case.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
gemini615 (01-19-2019), Orcin (01-19-2019)