Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 11-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #121
pbar25
Major Leagues

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
I recently changed the color of the html for my league within the header which also displays with StatsLab (the blue background/red letters - League Name/Home).....

Will I need to do a complete fresh install of StatsLab in order to have that change go into effect?
thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #122
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,176x in 442 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar25 View Post
I recently changed the color of the html for my league within the header which also displays with StatsLab (the blue background/red letters - League Name/Home).....

Will I need to do a complete fresh install of StatsLab in order to have that change go into effect?
thanks
If you changed the setting inside OOTP, then StatsLab should pick it up when you do your next SQL dump. If you manually edited the HTML, then you should go into OOTP and do it internally instead. It's somewhere in League Setup (I think from one of the action menu items at the bottom of the screen, but I can't remember exactly where).
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #123
pbar25
Major Leagues

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
If you changed the setting inside OOTP, then StatsLab should pick it up when you do your next SQL dump. If you manually edited the HTML, then you should go into OOTP and do it internally instead. It's somewhere in League Setup (I think from one of the action menu items at the bottom of the screen, but I can't remember exactly where).

geeez...Colors & Graphics....Edit League Colors & Logo....

Didn't even know that was possible without doing manual edit. I'd say that's a bit easier, thanks very much.

Last edited by pbar25; 11-19-2010 at 10:15 PM.
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #124
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Thanked 1x in 1 post
Can StatsLab be used for a contraction draft? We're looking at contracting a couple of teams in one of my leagues and would like to do a contraction draft from those players.

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #125
pbar25
Major Leagues

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
I have StatsLab installed and it runs very well.
The first time I set it up was with a test league to see if I could get it to work, and after a little while I had it up and running. Now I've switched to the 'real' file I want to use.

I guess my first question is can I just switch to a different league with the same setup -- albeit after changing the league id # & league name within the StatsLab Admin settings?

Everything points to that working out just fine....but my export tracker is goofed up graphically.
I've reuploaded the league's reports a couple of times, and I've reuploaded and updated the sql files a couple of times. All other graphics are just fine.

But I just can't seem to fix the html for the export tracker:
Export Tracker - StatsLab for OOTP11
I can't manufacture that report in game to see what the problem is, and just can't figure out where those images are coming from.

EDIT:FIXED

Last edited by pbar25; 11-25-2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: fixed
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #126
WillieMaysHayes
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 13x in 9 posts
Sent a PM

I'm still having the "Player is not draft eligible" error.
WillieMaysHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #127
pbar25
Major Leagues

Thanked 7x in 6 posts
I was wondering if it was possible to take advantage of the Login authentication capabilities of Stats Lab and add in a tab or simple html button (to the right of the User Configuration panel once logged in, same view for everybody) which would allow all owners to download the league file.
Is this something I could do on my own? I'd just need a nudge in the right direction I believe.

That way instead of building authentication on a website, one could keep the league file secure within StatsLab and owners only need to log into one place for everything they need.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #128
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar25 View Post
I was wondering if it was possible to take advantage of the Login authentication capabilities of Stats Lab and add in a tab or simple html button (to the right of the User Configuration panel once logged in, same view for everybody) which would allow all owners to download the league file.
Is this something I could do on my own? I'd just need a nudge in the right direction I believe.

That way instead of building authentication on a website, one could keep the league file secure within StatsLab and owners only need to log into one place for everything they need.
Yeah, it'd be pretty easy to add to the StatsLab header. To do so, find the html_functions.php file in your StatsLab install. Save off a copy, then follow these steps:
1. Find the following line of code:
Code:
   echo "      <li><a href='".$htmlpath."/history/league_".$lgID."_index.html' class='menu'>History</a></li>\n";
2. Duplicate this line of code.
3. Edit the duplicate line of code to read the following, which contains the web address of your league file:
Code:
   echo "      <li><a href='http://www.yourdomain.com/path/league_file.tar.gz' class='menu'>League File</a></li>\n";
You'll now have a link to your league file in the StatsLab header.

Last edited by fhomess; 12-10-2010 at 05:55 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
pbar25 (12-10-2010), Recte44 (12-10-2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #129
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 637x in 375 posts
Frank, how possible is it to somehow have a widget to use during drafts that would show the picks made in the most recent round and have it update itself as picks are made?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #130
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMaysHayes View Post
Sent a PM

We just had that in a league of mine. I don't know if this fixed it, but it became operational after I actioned (as commish) a cpu pick for the first pick of the draft, then reverted it.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #131
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Frank, how possible is it to somehow have a widget to use during drafts that would show the picks made in the most recent round and have it update itself as picks are made?
That would be a relatively easy widget to write, I would think. I'll add it to my list of ideas for enhancements...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMaysHayes View Post
Sent a PM

We just had that in a league of mine. I don't know if this fixed it, but it became operational after I actioned (as commish) a cpu pick for the first pick of the draft, then reverted it.
With the latest patch for the draft module, the way to resolve this is to go to the draft admin page and (re)generate the auto draft list.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #132
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Whats the fix for no emails being sent?

I set up forwarding emails, so in statslab, only one address is listed.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #133
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

No emails whatsoever. What are the settings on the server that need to be looked at? This is a new install.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #134
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No emails whatsoever. What are the settings on the server that need to be looked at? This is a new install.
Nevermind. Suddenly in mid first round, emails started being received. I did nothing to cause it.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #135
DWK
All Star Reserve

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
Quote:
Nevermind. Suddenly in mid first round, emails started being received. I did nothing to cause it.
Yeah I had this happen in my league too. It's like all of a sudden it catches up
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #136
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Getting the following error when loading sql files. I get it only on load of pitching sql files. It finished up loading, but lists this error:

insert into `pla -> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #137
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Whats the fix for no emails being sent?

I set up forwarding emails, so in statslab, only one address is listed.
As with DWK, I've heard of other people having a similar problem. I'm really not sure what causes this behavior, so if anyone in OOTP land with more knowledge of emailing on servers knows of anything, let me know and I'll address it either with code or in the documentation.

Quote:
Getting the following error when loading sql files. I get it only on load of pitching sql files. It finished up loading, but lists this error:

insert into `pla -> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Could be a couple of things, but without seeing the full line of SQL syntax that's trying to get imported, I can't really tell. If you're not sure how to get that info, PM me a linke where I can download the SQL file that's causing the error and I'll try loading it myself.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #138
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

When the timer is set for example, 2 hours and turns off for the night halfway through that two hours, why does it give the team a fresh timer starting when it turns back on in the morning?

EXAMPLE:

2 hour timer. Off at 10pm; on at 8am.
Pick made at 9pm. Next pick is due at 10am the next morning when it should be 9am the next morning.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #139
WillieMaysHayes
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 13x in 9 posts
One issue I am having - on the email draft list, it doesn't seem like there is enough room for me to put all 24 email addresses in there. I have been changing managers in and out but it only seems like half of the league's emails show up in the box after I hit "save" to lock them in.
WillieMaysHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #140
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

There's a character limit. Set up a forwarding email that will forward to the owner email list.