Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:00 AM   #361
nokperillo
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
The sound goes off after a few game simulations. I simulate the game for 6 games and usually on the 4th game the sound disappears. Crowd noise, umpire sound, hitting sound. All gone. I have the latest update. To fix this I have to restart my laptop. I have a mac OS by the way.

Last edited by nokperillo; 07-04-2017 at 06:01 AM.
nokperillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #362
fromtheshadows
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Hi all,

thanks for the amazing game! There is only one small feature I would like to discuss:

On the player profile page, in the bottom right where there are stats for the last 3 years, can we please customize which stats show up?

By this I mean, we would be able to, for example, switch out ERA+ for pitchers with FIP? I find this stat much more useful but currently I have to switch to a different page to see it, so it is much more tedious when going through lists of pitchers.

I don't play online, so my opinion might not be worth much, but I would find this very helpful!

Thank you, I hope this wouldn't be too much work, and I hope to see it when I buy OOTP19!

Last edited by fromtheshadows; 07-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.
fromtheshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Jamee999 (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #363
el_habes
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokperillo View Post
The sound goes off after a few game simulations. I simulate the game for 6 games and usually on the 4th game the sound disappears. Crowd noise, umpire sound, hitting sound. All gone. I have the latest update. To fix this I have to restart my laptop. I have a mac OS by the way.
The same thing is happening to me. The only difference is that I'm getting ambient crowd noise. But yeah, no other in-game sounds. Seemed to happen at random too in the middle of a game.
nokperillo (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #364
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,723x in 4,389 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokperillo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_habes View Post
The same thing is happening to me. The only difference is that I'm getting ambient crowd noise. But yeah, no other in-game sounds. Seemed to happen at random too in the middle of a game.
If you update your OS, that should fix this.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #365
Speck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
I haven't played OOTP in a quite a few years, but decided to try it since it doesn't require Steam. The UI looks much better, it seems to be very stable, and I was surprised at the number of new features. A lot of complexity has been added to the game without making it a chore to play (like a certain soccer sim), that's not an easy task.

Last edited by Speck; 07-20-2017 at 12:50 AM.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #366
IanIachimoe
All Star Reserve

Thanked 331x in 170 posts
I noticed yesterday, during my 2nd year of FA (I play out every game - slow), that the LAD signed up all the best closers available on the market in the first couple weeks.

even with Jansen as their lights out closer, they gave big contracts to Familia, Britton, Miller & (maybe) Wade Davis & another top closer (will have to check when home).

has anyone else seen this?
Old 07-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #367
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
I noticed yesterday, during my 2nd year of FA (I play out every game - slow), that the LAD signed up all the best closers available on the market in the first couple weeks.

even with Jansen as their lights out closer, they gave big contracts to Familia, Britton, Miller & (maybe) Wade Davis & another top closer (will have to check when home).

I haven't. That's kind of crazy but it sounds like they have too much money and don't know what to do with it. Not all that far off from real life in some ways.

It would be interesting to see a team try something like that in real life. It actually might not be a bad idea.

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-20-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Thank you for this post:
IanIachimoe (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #368
IanIachimoe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I haven't. Thanks kind of crazy but it sounds like they have too much money and don't know what to do with it. Not all that far off from real life in some ways.

It would be interesting to see a team try something like that in real life. It actually might not be a bad idea.
their bullpen is ridiculous! will be interesting to watch.

meanwhile, I foolishly waited on the market to come down a little & will probably have to overpay Rosenthal now
Old 07-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #369
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,066x in 2,448 posts
Quote:

I've seen someone similar with one of my EBL teams. Signed 3 CL yet had the best CL in the league from the year before. Another team has 3 1B this year. AVG HR between the 3 is 45 from last year. One guy can play LF in a DH league so they have the space .
Pretty much what Lucas said, too much $$, too many FA.
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IanIachimoe (07-23-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #370
sharknut
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 61x in 44 posts
I found a bug that probably happens once every 10 years.

My pitcher was injured while recording the 3rd out of the top of the inning. He was due to bat leadoff in the bottom of the inning, so I replaced him with a PH and warmed up his replacement in the bullpen. But when I replaced him, it put his position as pitcher, not PH.

When it went to the top of the next inning, it wouldn't allow me to replace the PH with my relief pitcher. It seems the rule of every pitcher must face one batter went into effect so my PH had to face one batter. Luckily I got him out, but was just a little bug I wanted to point out.
sharknut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:50 AM   #371
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 31x in 19 posts
So many injuries on challenge mode.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #372
spamfilter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Found a bug in the box score and game log.

Here is what happened, bottom of the ninth, tie game, runner in 1st and 2nd 1 out. The batter hits a ball to medium depth RF, caught by the RFer, runner on 2nd tags to go to 3rd, RF throws to 3rd base and the ball is thrown wild, runner from 2nd goes all the way home and the game ends.

In the game log: it says batter Flyout F9, Throwing Error D9, runner scores. Which is correct. But in the WPA graph, it says batter reached on error by the RF driving in 1 run vs the pitcher.
spamfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 PM   #373
Rebington
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 13x in 9 posts
I've bought every OOTP version since OOTP7 or 8 and i don't remember having quite so many patches or bug challenges in the past.

No doubt I'll keep buying and enjoying this fantastic game but this version has been a real problem for online leagues to have to stop and patch over and over again.
Rebington is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
TanzKommandant (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #374
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 45x in 20 posts
It would be awesome if OOTP19 gave you the option of when to start your new game. As of now it throws you into preseason but it would be great to have the option to start the day after the season ends, before FA signing, before the WBC, etc. I just hate starting a new franchise and completely missing out on free agent signing when the reality is a new franchise would get the Expansion Draft and more importantly a chance to land free agents. That's the only real gripe I have had in the 10+ years I 've owned this product.
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #375
IanIachimoe
All Star Reserve

we're still waiting on the final fix right? coming soon?
Old 08-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #376
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 19x in 13 posts
No ability to filter coaches who aren't interested

This feature still does not exist in the game despite being promised for years. It should be a very simple fix and has existed in the Football Manager series for years. Rather than having to manually click on each coach to see if they're willing to take an offer, I should be able to simply check a box and have those who will not be interested automatically filtered.

Sort it out, OOTP development team.
TanzKommandant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #377
philthepat

Thanked 266x in 91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzKommandant View Post
I should be able to simply check a box and have those who will not be interested automatically filtered.

Simple enough idea, not quite so simple to implement I imagine.

Would be handy though!
philthepat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #378
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
we're still waiting on the final fix right? coming soon?
It's been up most of the day: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=280549

Thank you for this post:
IanIachimoe (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #379
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,029x in 2,167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzKommandant View Post
This feature still does not exist in the game despite being promised for years. It should be a very simple fix and has existed in the Football Manager series for years. Rather than having to manually click on each coach to see if they're willing to take an offer, I should be able to simply check a box and have those who will not be interested automatically filtered.

Are there seriously that many that it's an issue? I've never run into one in many seasons of hiring.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #380
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 19x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Are there seriously that many that it's an issue? I've never run into one in many seasons of hiring.
You've never had a single coach tell you he isn't interested in coaching at a certain level of your organization? Come now, man.
TanzKommandant is offline   Reply With Quote