Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
TheOrangeMan
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
No more College Years ever?

I had a few posts on one of the old message boards over the years and have played TCY and FOF7...

Anyway, I just joined this board to ask whether Jim plans to ever do another TCY.

I was just reading his 6/5/19 update and he said, "Going back to 2001 and the release of The College Years (still, to date, by far my most successful game)..."

So frustrating to read that and nothing ever gets done with college football (while we get eight or nine versions of FOF in the meantime).

I'd gladly pay full-price for the original version of TCY with just a few modest updates (the most important thing being to set-up conferences the way you want)...

Am I the only one who feels this way or even wants a new TCY?

Last edited by TheOrangeMan; 09-21-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: correction
TheOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zeppelin462 (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12x in 5 posts
September 5th update? Uhm where is this?
OrbisEuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:42 PM   #3
TheOrangeMan
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisEuler View Post
September 5th update? Uhm where is this?
Sorry, my bad - should have said June 5...
TheOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
Zeppelin462
Minors (Single A)
 
Zeppelin462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 95
Thanks: 202
Thanked 39x in 16 posts
I would LOVE a new TCY. At a minimum, I really just wish it was easier to modify TCY teams and conferences. I tried making a complete, fake universe once, but there is no way to change team names and locations except to edit the teams one by one, then edit the location connected to that team, also one by one.

At the same time, it's hard to tell who is in which conference once you start changing names, so I was keeping a Word doc with screenshots of each conference to make it a little more manageable, but I gave up at around 20 teams.
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
BradS
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fl.
Posts: 132
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15x in 12 posts
TCY with more coaching options and new UI would be asking too much I think. Is Mr. Gindin up for that? His plate is full with current game and they plan on a yearly release like the baseball game? Great thought though we can dream right.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
TheOrangeMan
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
I would LOVE a new TCY. At a minimum, I really just wish it was easier to modify TCY teams and conferences. I tried making a complete, fake universe once, but there is no way to change team names and locations except to edit the teams one by one, then edit the location connected to that team, also one by one.

At the same time, it's hard to tell who is in which conference once you start changing names, so I was keeping a Word doc with screenshots of each conference to make it a little more manageable, but I gave up at around 20 teams.
I looked into editing teams awhile back but it was just too difficult - plus I think certain things were fixed no matter what (no way to change the number of teams in a particular conference, for instance).

Maybe a couple of times a year I'll check these forums to see what is going on - two or three years ago Jim indicated a TCY2 was on his list but apparently nothing has come of it.

Like you, I'd just be happy for what I'd call a minor update of the old game - which one would think would be doable as compared to designing a completely new game.

It's too bad because IMO Jim's game is the only good college football game out there - but not fun to play anymore because of the outdated conference alignments.

I'd also wish to be able to completely customize the playoff format.

Probably the biggest "weakness" of the game from my perspective is that the strength of teams varied too much from what we see in real-life. I'm sure there's a viable way to fix that (even make that a customizable feature as well).

Maybe throw in whatever offense schemes that exist now that didn't exist then.

That's all I'd need, really.
TheOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zeppelin462 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #7
frankinho
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6x in 5 posts
You actually have quite a few options of college football games available while we wait for a new TCY (hopefully), unfortunately none of them are new releases and or perfect but i found them to be quite satisfying to play. I'll say they are all quite immersive and better than TCY as it is really showing its age if you play it today.
Here are the options in no certain order i have played in the past several years and some still play today:
- NCAA Football 13 or 14 (PS3)
- NCAA Football 06 or 09 (PS2)
- Bowl Bound College Football (steam)

Last edited by frankinho; 09-30-2019 at 02:58 PM.
frankinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
redfox000 (10-03-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
Zeppelin462
Minors (Single A)
 
Zeppelin462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 95
Thanks: 202
Thanked 39x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho View Post
You actually have quite a few options of college football games available while we wait for a new TCY (hopefully), unfortunately none of them are new releases and or perfect but i found them to be quite satisfying to play. I'll say they are all quite immersive and better than TCY as it is really showing its age if you play it today.
Here are the options in no certain order i have played in the past several years and some still play today:
- NCAA Football 13 or 14 (PS3)
- NCAA Football 06 or 09 (PS2)
- Bowl Bound College Football (steam)
Draft Day Sports College Football 2019 is also an option. It's very aesthetically pleasing, but lacks some of the customization options to make it truly compelling. Based on the leaps forward the pro football game has made this year, I'm hoping we'll see some significant improvements in the next version.
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
frankinho
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6x in 5 posts
Yeah i have tried Draft Day Sports College Football 2019 as well but for some reason just don't find it all that immersive. For me recruiting is the bread and butter and what i like as much if not more than the games themselves and it's just to generic in this game with the points system. There's just no...personality in it
frankinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zeppelin462 (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #10
Zeppelin462
Minors (Single A)
 
Zeppelin462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 95
Thanks: 202
Thanked 39x in 16 posts
Agreed. I'm hopeful based on the improvements in the pro game, but we shall see
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
frankinho (10-01-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #11
redfox000
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 47
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 101
Thanked 19x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho View Post
Yeah i have tried Draft Day Sports College Football 2019 as well but for some reason just don't find it all that immersive. For me recruiting is the bread and butter and what i like as much if not more than the games themselves and it's just to generic in this game with the points system. There's just no...personality in it
The best college football game, IMHO, still is Bowl Bound, though it does still have crashes every now and then and seems to stop working after around 75 seasons or so i believe.

Last edited by redfox000; 10-03-2019 at 09:00 AM.
redfox000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #12
BradS
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fl.
Posts: 132
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15x in 12 posts
Currently in my 3rd year Wisconsin with Bowl Bound having a blast with it. Haven't closed the gap with Buckeyes with 4 losses my best so far. Great game. From what I've read Arlie is still working on a Pro game.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #13
frankinho
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6x in 5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
Currently in my 3rd year Wisconsin with Bowl Bound having a blast with it. Haven't closed the gap with Buckeyes with 4 losses my best so far. Great game. From what I've read Arlie is still working on a Pro game.
where have you read that? would be awesome. I think if someone just builds on what bowl bound is already would be fantastic
frankinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #14
frankinho
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6x in 5 posts
btw there's a small team apparently working on a similar college game, which you can try and try for free and if you like it and want to support it you can do so. I think its got some potential and their taking in feedback from users as well

here's the link - https://ct-games.itch.io/ct-football-manager
frankinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Zeppelin462 (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 09:43 PM   #15
BradS
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fl.
Posts: 132
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho View Post
where have you read that? would be awesome. I think if someone just builds on what bowl bound is already would be fantastic
It's on the Grey Dog forums.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments